The Brit, who trailed Rosberg in both sessions yesterday, pulled out a big lap on his soft tyre run to end the session half a second clear of Nico Rosberg, who ended the session only two tenths clear of Ferrari's Sebastian Vettel.
Kimi Raikkonen meanwhile, fresh off the back of his contract extension, finished 4th and another two tenths off Vettel, whilst Sergio Perez rounded out the top five in his Force India.
Moving down the field there was little drama throughout the session, minus Romain Grosjean spinning at the Bus Stop Chicane on his way to 16th.
However, McLaren certainly turned a few heads, but not for their pace. An exhaust issue for Fernando Alonso brings Mclaren's total combined grid place penalties for this weekend to 105 grid slots, whilst Jenson Button could only manage 17th, the Brit only ahead of his team mate and the two Manors.
Belgian GP Practice 3 Official Results:
1. Lewis Hamilton - Mercedes - 1:48.984
2. Nico Rosberg - Mercedes - 1:49.482
3. Sebastian Vettel - Ferrari - 1:49.629
4. Kimi Raikkonen - Ferrari - 1:49.864
5. Sergio Perez - Force India - 1:49.866
6. Daniel Ricciardo - Red Bull - 1:49.930
7. Daniil Kvyat - Red Bull - 1:49.980
8. Nico Hulkenberg - Force India - 1:50.000
9. Valtteri Bottas - Williams - 1:50.179
10. Felipe Massa - Williams - 1:50.447
11. Carlos Sainz Jr. - Toro Rosso - 1:50.522
12. Pastor Maldonado - Lotus - 1:50.585
13. Max Verstappen - Toro Rosso - 1:50.599
14. Felipe Nasr - Sauber - 1:50.690
15. Marcus Ericsson - Sauber - 1:51.054
16. Romain Grosjean - Lotus - 1:51.187
17. Jenson Button - McLaren - 1:51.981
18. Will Stevens - Manor - 1:54.262
19. Robert Merhi - Manor - 1:54.281
20. Fernando Alonso - McLaren - No Time Set
Last edited by a moderator: