Behringer NX3000D DSP Settings Starting Point

Hey guys,

New here, but have several hours into digging around here looking into tactile immersion, and must say there is a ton of really good looking info here. You guys definitely seem very knowledgeable on the topic. I however am a complete newb to all this audio/tactile stuff.

I have spent over an hour just today looking for a starting point for settings without luck... I understand every rig is different, and I expect to spend quite a bit of time learning & tuning my setup. However, right now I'm literally all hooked up, but scared to send power to anything without a baseline that I can be confident won't damage my equipment.

I have 4 used Buttkicker LFE's (full size) & 2 new Behringer NX3000D amps. I have downloaded the NXEdit software (I think is basically the same as the INuke Connect), and am extremely overwhelmed with the amount of options. I honestly don't know where to start at all, and haven't found much about the very basics of getting started on the forum. Everything I find seems to be focused around tuning for particular situations assuming you're already up & running.

Any help you can give me is very appreciated!

Thank you!
Brandon

My life right now.......

I think im getting it ( well the low and high pass bits ) . Quite amazing how the same tone can feel totally different different as you dial these in and out.

Oh and the missus wasn't impressed with the music thumping through the floor....lol

Ill move into EQ next :)

Attachments

• mylife.JPG
    mylife.JPG
    253.9 KB · Views: 269
Upvote 0
My life right now.......

I think im getting it ( well the low and high pass bits ) . Quite amazing how the same tone can feel totally different different as you dial these in and out.

Oh and the missus wasn't impressed with the music thumping through the floor....lol

Ill move into EQ next :)

Yep vibes through the floor, is another issue.
Have fun learning and experimenting. once you get things dialed in let me know.
Not sure if you seen this other older thread, regards piston pang and the Mini Lfe model.

Upvote 0
Goodman, wait to you see how little volume of the amp you use
Never had a problem with iNuke fan replacements and they also were much less than original CFM ratings.

Others have done it with this amp, so seems it wont be a problem.

Upvote 0
Great thread, thanks @Mr Latte for the thorough explanation, great information.

One thing I have not found yet. How do we apply these saved profiles in SimHub? So when I have a DSP profile created, and I want to apply it to, say, a Road Impacts effect, what is the process?

Thanks!

Upvote 0
Great thread, thanks @Mr Latte for the thorough explanation, great information.

One thing I have not found yet. How do we apply these saved profiles in SimHub? So when I have a DSP profile created, and I want to apply it to, say, a Road Impacts effect, what is the process?

Thanks!
Hi, your welcome, hope it helped and thanks.

You are applying DSP to the channels.
So the combination of effects, their combined frequencies are controlled by the Crossover Curve and EQ you apply.

If you only have 1 effect on a channel then, yes you can tweak that "as an effect" for the unit that channel then uses.

To apply specific or different DSP/EQ to "individual effects" would require hardware, like I have done that allows you to output all the effects you use from Simhub as individual channels. This then lets you alter that "effect" on each channel.

Very few people will go to that extreme but yes it brings some advantages.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back