bassshaker, simvibe, position

Dear simracers
After studying a lot of comments there are some questions again:

Im planing to buy 2 basshakers (I think the mini lfe) and I have a Playseat evolution. What do you recommend to position the bs.
left and right of the seat ? which height (a little under the seat or higher?) or is it better to under the seat L + R.
If I going in the chasis mode and I have the BS on the side of the seat, do I feel the roadnoise/BpM or its necessery to have a 3. under the seat?

I dont have space inside the pc for a sound card. Does it work with a external usb card?

many thanks for your help.

Okay you're moving fast...
You could use either a 7.1 USB or internal card for these exciters (8) This would keep them all within the output for this single card. Asus, Creative will have 7,1 internal options. For USB you could try just a cheap unit if you want. Check with the card you go for if all its connections are 3.5mm jacks. Most will be but some cards may have the stereo out as RCA.

The amp has combo jacks so will accept 6.3mm or XLR inputs. Just a matter of buying the preferred type you want to go for. These will connect from the soundcard and into amp 1 and amp 2.

Speaker cable, and Speakon Plugs would then be needed for the outputs of the amp to go to the exciters. I think @ 14 AWG is ideal for most units. You can get 2 Pole cable or 8 pole (2.5mm) which would cater for 4 units per cable. So you have to decide do you want 8 cables going back to the amps or only 2.

These exciters seem to suit a 2.8mm cable crimp if you want to add those as well. You may also want some cable tidy options or cable sheathing depending on how bothered you are on appearances are tidy cables.

Also depends how fancy you want to get here, if you want direct cables from the amp-exciters or if you want to have some form of connection/disconnect point on the rig. I am going this route but it adds more expense. Multi Speakon sockets can be installed on the rig or even go with a 7.1 AV wallplate that has banana plugs and use it to connect from the amp and then loop to the exciters on the seat.

If you need any other help, just ask.
Appreciate you putting faith in the concept as its quite a bit of money to spend on something really very few people are currently doing. I will have some nice effects ready to share but will look forward to your own views and feedback.

Upvote 0
Yeah, that was quick! Where did you find 2 amps for $400? I still need to pick up my second amp. Looks like I need to include 2 more exciters in the order!

Upvote 0
There are two for sale on eBay used right now for $174 each I believe (considered these but paying sales tax for something on eBay rubbed me the wrong way). I had trouble finding them in stock anywhere but hollywooddj had them for 229 plus a coupon code for 10% off, free shipping, and no tax to my state. I did get a call from them however that even though they said it was in stock on the website they don't actually have them. They are drop shipping them from the manufacturer and should ship in a week which is fine. So guess it was $412 not $400 - still much better than anywhere else I could find.

Upvote 0
I am going through the same decision process right now - same rig, same initial thoughts on setup. Did you end up pulling the trigger on something? Would be curious to hear what if so and how you are thinking about mounting things.

I was going to get BK LFEs but due to Latte's answer I decided to re-think my route. Then I also got sucked into sfx100 threads... :) But I think that's something I will try also, eventually. Now I'm going to start with either a 4- or 8-way exciter setup.

Upvote 0
What Direction & Action?
I attempted Simhub effects based thread on the forums before and very few people interacted in it and not a single person shared their effects. Eh, talk about disheartening but I get not everyone shares my enthusiasm for this stuff.......

It was maybe a bit early but most tactile owners on these forums seem rather reluctant to move away from Simvibe or other software they have been using. As well as this, I detect that people don't want to share effects in case what they have, works well for them may not work well on other peoples installations and then they don't want to look stupid if bad compatibility happens.

The Discord channel for Simhub is very much focused on cheaper tactile and while more people are becoming interested or new to tactile seeking help. It is littered with folk, all with different installations, different hardware and different mindsets. Even if you share a selection of effects, that may of had hours of work put into it for others to enjoy you are lucky if you get much response or feedback if it worked well or not. You do not see people sharing or offering ideas and exploration on effects creation in how settings and frequencies or layers are used.

The Problem
We have no fixed platform approach, no path that people stick with and work in a combined way towards a goal. As many of you know as a hobbyist, I am happy to faff about for a few hours with effects and have extensive hardware that helps with effects/audio monitoring, it brings some advantages to learning or understanding what the software settings are doing with the audio and what the tactile units have to cope with.

Tell Me
Why, is it so hard or seemingly not possible to form a place of discussion, to go through every single effect in detail, to converse, share and learn how to use it. To determine what settings to use with it and different ways we can apply it over different channels. Yet do this on the basis of a fixed platform installation. One that has been tested to work well and enables a very high potential of owners feeling similar sensations from effects and profiles created. This factor alone is one of the biggest issues tactile has. The problem may be me and that I work better alone sometimes and I get irritated or annoyed easily but I do see and know there is potential in this.

We have so much added features and abilities in what Simhub now brings.
Is it worth even considering a new thread that is focused on this concept and people getting involved with it regards effects creation, experimentation? I kinda need to test the water if people are interested and will contribute. Also to form a place individual effects can be tested by people/owners and eventually configured and uploaded as tested profiles?

It's in your hands as a community if we all do our own thing or work together on the effects creation side of things. The excellent hardware still needs good effects and with that comes time, effort and testing required to get the best out of it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I agree that exciter discussion needs a dedicated place or thread. Perhaps now that several seem to be taking the plunge , you'll have better luck this time? We will have to be carefully to keep redirecting people as these discussions pop up in other places and threads? Perhaps simhub would offer dedicated discord space just for this Idea? When profiles start being shared, there really does need to be a area without other unrelated chatter, and negativity..

Upvote 0
Is there a specific thread for your build Mr Latte?

Searching these forums probably scatters people and long threads get messy. Could we have a sticky post that gets updated with: hardware, current effects and version number. Additionally description/tips for each effect and overall description of the project's goal.

Sorry if this already have been done, but I just feel that some form of official and fixed place regarding the project is needed for this to gain traction.

I have to be honest, I'm not sure I fully believe in g-force effects for tactile, I'm more interested in car specific rpm, road texture, gear change etc. I suppose bumps should work well also, but eventually I see the ultimate solution in a combined tactile + motion build. However, I would gladly be proven wrong regarding gforces and tactile! :)

I'm 100% sure I'll be ordering some kind of tactile this month. Could you Mr Latte share some examples of current effects, or just point me to the correct thread if this discussion already has taken place?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Ps. I always felt that steering wheel ffb is good for front traction loss, less intuitive for rear. I've played with the thought of tactile (road noise vs slippage) for rear traction loss, as this normally would require a quite advanced motion platform. Tactile just seems that it could work well for this application. Any thoughts on this?

Upvote 0
Im open to ideas and a plan. My intention would be to have a dedicated place to chat about the software, its features and also creating and sharing effects for it. A discussion thread for the concept and possibly either downloads made available from the downloads section here @ RD or a 3rd party service that people can upload and download to/from.

Factors I personally would want would be group discussion by owners, feedback and interaction on how well effects etc feel, to discover what people prefer over variations being tried or how we improve them.

To spend time looking also at individual effects and discuss these in-depth to compare settings or methods in using them. Generally to improve on early beta effects that can be shared that I have already done some work on. Yet and this is important to get people to share either tweaked variants or files of their own. What we each may like in effects could vary.

There are lots of things to try for some of the effects. I have ideas and things yet still to try but having additional channels opens up the possibilities.

What I want to avoid is people using the thread to talk about the tactile they own. Trying to get Simhub help within it when not related to the choosen or fixed hardware. People then also asking how to get what tactile they own to work with these files or Simhiub in general. So I want to keep focus on the concept/agenda and not like the general discussion thread that has become a mass of many different things related to tactile in no particular order.

The idea is that people will be able to follow the progress of early adopters and see if indeed the concept is a success or achieving good impressions by users. Then it would entice others to follow and get involved as well,

What I need is people with access and experience with other sims to then determine how good/bad effects may feel going from one sim to another. So yes talk on an organized approach would be something to discuss before even deciding to go ahead with such.

Thoughts?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Is there a specific thread for your build Mr Latte?

Searching these forums probably scatters people and long threads get messy. Could we have a sticky post that gets updated with: hardware, current effects and version number. Additionally description/tips for each effect and overall description of the project's goal.

Sorry if this already have been done, but I just feel that some form of official and fixed place regarding the project is needed for this to gain traction.

I have to be honest, I'm not sure I fully believe in g-force effects for tactile, I'm more interested in car specific rpm, road texture, gear change etc. I suppose bumps should work well also, but eventually I see the ultimate solution in a combined tactile + motion build. However, I would gladly be proven wrong regarding gforces and tactile! :)

I'm 100% sure I'll be ordering some kind of tactile this month. Could you Mr Latte share some examples of current effects, or just point me to the correct thread if this discussion already has taken place?

No thread yet, Im getting close to starting the build, got a lot of materials here but still working on certain elements of the build that need to be sorted before commencing. The structure I am for using to control the tactile is unique as is the approach taken for the seats installation and the isolation. tests for this were done over the last 18months or more in how the different tactile would be used and installed. I am pushing to get the seat section up and ready to finally be able to experience all the tactile on the seat my own rig will use. Their is nothing quite like it that has been done before.

Only so much a month I can spend on this and costs have risen with additions, researching the exciters and buying testing different units was also quite costly yet a worthwhile discovery. As has been new audio hardware for improved monitoring and which can enable full DAW control for my cockpits tactile. Like the rest of you life has other things happening. A new sofa due and daughter starting University are crucial things that need to be sorted and hold back some needed materials. It has been a long journey but being able to get my teeth into the physical build will be enjoyable and is slowly falling into place.

Creative Effects
Lots of effects potential to try and work on, I prefer to experiment and see what we can achieve rather than just not bother or assume something cant/won't enhance motion or indeed static rigs further. SFX can be taken much further as can a GS5 the problem is people are thinking with the Simvibe mindset and not the potential we have with Simhub. I am confident many of you will see the potential when we start playing around and when more advanced users delve into adding large BK to the exciters.

Users will be able to load profiles for different moods. If you want a multi effect placed over the various channels thats possible. If you want to focus on an 8 channel engine with different engine elements operating on the various channels that also is something I have been developing. When you feel the extra rasp and detailing the exciters bring to engines it should have you smirking.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hi All,

I have just purchased 2x 4Ohm Sinuslive BassPump III and 200w 2 channel amp.

I am in the process of playing with setting on simhub, and was wondering if anyone could share there settings for the some of the effects.

Have 1 under pedals and 1 under seat.
Would I be better placing 2 either of of my chair/under instead, until I get another 2 more transducers ?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hi, this thread isn't the place to discuss such, although your post is an example of what is likely to happen if we were to start a thread for the exciters that is related to Simhub.

To offer some help, if you go to the Discord and ask Wotever or others to share a profile. A very limited few including myself have shared some effects or individual test effects over the last 2-3 months. Scroll through the discussion to find them. The problem is people making effects on different installations and hardware units does not always work so well. Simhub does need a specific place to discuss making/sharing effects and go over all its settings to offer a guide or more insight for people how to create their own effects better.

I could be wrong but I don't think there has been a place or method to download such files easily. What you can do now is copy and paste effects from one profile to another. So if you like specific effects from peoples shared profiles or test effects you can paste these into your own profiles.

With one unit in pedals and seat, you will be limited to how many effects you can operate at once or per unit before it starts to feel vague and like one bunch of rumble rather than individual effect sensations. This is one of the benefits with the approach being taken with the exciter concept. We can mix and feel much better a larger range of effects or have preferred effects operate over multiple channels for better dispersion.

If you have a suitable seat, then consider buying 1 or 2 exciters to compare to the bass pumps, then decide to get a minimum of 4. Really 2 is not enough if you want good tactile. Maybe who knows a specific thread here might be attempted again.

I want to be certain before doing such that it has a small group of people that have bought into the concept. That is using the pre-tested/correct hardware. Then it is in their interests to take part and share opinions/feedback on improving the effects as well as sharing each others attempts and experience my own custom effects created for the concept.

Maybe Youtube & Patreon is a better way to go about it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hi

Thanks for the reply, I have ordered 2 more, but waiting to receive in the post. I plan to have 1 shaker either side of pedals and 2 either side of seat, which I will try to find a solution to attach on seat area for maximum feel. I will find a discord area to discuss further.

Thanks Tom

Upvote 0
I did some more research regarding simhub. I'll be honest, I've got too much going on in life and too little time.

I'm going the simple way (for now) with just two large BKs. When I've got the rest of my rig sorted (and had time to actually drive), I'll revisit more enhanced tactile solutions. If I could use simhub with 6 exciters as is, plug-and-play, and improve on it with time that would be ok. But it seems it might take a lot of time to just get decent results as of now, and that's not how I want to get into tactile.

For now I'll concentrate on driving. A 10 year wait is over, finally have a nice rig to drive in. Compared to my old static chair I think immersion is going to take a leap forward with a little bumps and engine rpm :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes