Stock Car Extreme Mods (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ML2166

If quizzes are quizzical then what are tests?
Premium
Hey guys

Okay here are the skins created by me over the last few weeks.

38 in total, 19 Chevrolet and 19 Peugeot.

All completely fictional of course, but I hope you enjoy them.

I have given all the cars different numbers and names from the originals in game, so you should be able to run them alongside the original skins.

Pretty new to the modding aspect on the rfactor platform, and this is my first attempt.

Haven't found a way to have the game read a new RFM file hence the reason for the new numbers and names.

Hope you enjoy them........happy racing fellas!

;)

selectionpug.jpg

selectionchevvy.jpg

Chevrolet Part 1

Chevrolet Part 2

Peugeot's

In progress

Coming soon, with new physics/tyremodels/FFB/ sounds by Renato, updated graphics like shaders on cars/helmets, and moving arms. 4 Aero packages available; Road, Short Oval, Speedway and SuperSpeedway.

Link on YTube, sorry for the poor quality of the vid:

Cheers;)

Edit@ removed video, the moving arms will not be included due to graphical issues:O_o:

Last edited:

Looks excellent Patrick, Mexico? Been hoping to see this one appear.
If I buy 3DSimEd, is it reasonably easy to learn to replace these textures? There are one or two I would like to enhance. I realise I could simply ask you to do them, but for one thing you are pretty busy, and for another I like to have a go at these things myself.
Not asking for a tutorial, but I just wondered how straightforward it is once familiar with the editor and gmt files?

Patrick, this is a great enhancement of the original thanks.

But are you aware of a problem with the AI? It is not noticeable on short races or if tyres are reasonably fresh, but if you do a longer race that requires a pit stop, when the AI are on worn tyres, almost every one of them slides into the pit wall as they enter pit lane. Almost half the field are damaged and some retire.

I have fixed this along with a couple of other areas, so they now pit safely and drive just a little cleaner in other places (I've done a few full length races, with default AIW and with my fixed one, using Classics and Extremes, and it helps both these cars so should work with other categories too). I actually made it for an earlier version of the track, but it works fine with this one too.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/h6bbufxobdbna7w/Spain_14.AIW

Cheers :)

Texture will be darker than this picture.
I have spent 15h to have the white lines missing here :roflmao:
Yes, mexico, dedicated to my first racing game F1GP in 1991.

I think you will be able to change texture with 3dsimed yes. But There is a high probability you loose racegroove and skidmarks...

Well, if you would be interested in putting the superb enhancements in Phoenix91 by NerickSenna anytime, that would be great. I converted it with his permission a year or so ago, his only condition was that none of the trackside objects should be changed at all & obviously he must be given credit for the original.
I can do the sky but it would be great to see it finished off with all the latest enhanced textures. I know it's not high on everyone's list, but for some reason it is one of my all time favourites.

No rush, but if you could do it in the next day or so lololol :)
Just kidding, I'm sure your list is plenty long enough already, but if you did feel inclined it would make a great track for the Classics.

The mod is an addon to Reiza's Extreme cars. So it is in no way the mod's fault if cars dissapear due to the 8th gear. It uses everything except the tyre files from the extreme cars. So before you start thinking it's the mod's fault, please take a moment to understand that the mod doesn't use it's own engine & gearbox files... it's a glitch that's a part of GSC itself. And the only reason the mod was made to use those files is because like SeriouSpy said... the source code isn't available to make our own mods with 8th gear. And Frapp Lee... nobody forced you to use our mod... I don't even know what you're doing in this thread when you're so happy with the original GSC.sync files. But it's thanks to people like you that people like me stopped sharing mods we waste countless hours on making. Thinking that if it's something we like to use, people like you might also like it. I already have my own F1 2015 version of this mod with updated skins and visual changes to match the current season. As well as driver lineups and a complete Track pack matching this season... but I don't bother sharing it here because I always end up having to hear that it's no good or it's not accurate or whatever. If you like the original stuff so much, stop bugging people in the modding threads please.
Sorry for sounding like a bitch... but I think I might as well remove all the mods I have shared on RD.
However - thanks to the positive comments and likes. You guys actually deserve my time. :(

Oh SeriousSpy... I am just waiting for Reiza to fix this 8th gear issue, then I'll PM you with a download link for the 2015 mod. Thanks for your positive support.
I really appreciate it. (Currently busy modding Arma 3 as well so my time is a bit limited)

Regards

Oh SeriousSpy... I am just waiting for Reiza to fix this 8th gear issue, then I'll PM you with a download link for the 2015 mod. Thanks for your positive support.
I really appreciate it. (Currently busy modding Arma 3 as well so my time is a bit limited)

Regards
Don't let the odd moaner upset you. There are plenty of us who are running the 2014 mod and loving it. Kudos to you for making GSCE even better.

The mod is an addon to Reiza's Extreme cars. So it is in no way the mod's fault if cars dissapear due to the 8th gear. It uses everything except the tyre files from the extreme cars. So before you start thinking it's the mod's fault, please take a moment to understand that the mod doesn't use it's own engine & gearbox files... it's a glitch that's a part of GSC itself. And the only reason the mod was made to use those files is because like SeriouSpy said... the source code isn't available to make our own mods with 8th gear. And Frapp Lee... nobody forced you to use our mod... I don't even know what you're doing in this thread when you're so happy with the original GSC.sync files. But it's thanks to people like you that people like me stopped sharing mods we waste countless hours on making. Thinking that if it's something we like to use, people like you might also like it. I already have my own F1 2015 version of this mod with updated skins and visual changes to match the current season. As well as driver lineups and a complete Track pack matching this season... but I don't bother sharing it here because I always end up having to hear that it's no good or it's not accurate or whatever. If you like the original stuff so much, stop bugging people in the modding threads please.
Sorry for sounding like a bitch... but I think I might as well remove all the mods I have shared on RD.
However - thanks to the positive comments and likes. You guys actually deserve my time. :(
Don't let the odd moaner upset you. There are plenty of us who are running the 2014 mod and loving it. Kudos to you for making GSCE even better.

Who is moaning? I never said anything negative about this mod. I whole-heartedly appreciate any work that is shared for free. You can check any forum I post on (NoGrip, RFC, F1 Classic, F1 Clasick, Race4Sim, etc...) and you will NEVER find ANYTHING negative posted about other peoples work. I consistently post appreciations and kudos. I consistently defend modders, and in fact, I defended the original creator of this mod for rF over on F1 Classic. It seems that Patrick starts many mods with good content, but never really sees them through to completion. Find me something negative I said about this mod. I merely stated that, it shouldn't be any surprise that an unfinished mod, created for another game, might cause problems in this game.

Dene Smith wrote: "I can't test this mod as i can't get the latest version to test as the symsync program does not work for me so unless their is another way to get this mod...".

To which SeriousSpy responded: "Oh, and Dene, it's a problem with the engine, it's something Reiza has to fix, not the mod makers." In my mind it is very unclear what that is a response to - could be the 8th gear or it could be the Sim Sync issue.

I asked for clarification: "Forgive me please, but, I don't understand why Reiza Studios should have to fix anything that they didn't produce." and the response I got was even more unclear and actually a bit smarmy. "Because it's a problem with the game, and they're the developers of the game?
Unless you suggest that the mod makers somehow have access to the source code...
" That is what triggered my response. And, it is fairly clear that my response was aimed at sync issues.

I was mistaken about what the source of the complaints was. The fact of the matter is that... in a way I was defending you, as Mr spy seemed to be doing a whole lot of begging for more work. Something I don't do, because I respect the amount of work it takes to produce a mod. It was never my intent to disparage this mod or it's creator/s. Rather my intent was to say ease up on the begging.

So, again, show me where I said anything negative about the quality or content of this mod. Right, there was no moaning or complaining. What there was, was actually a defense of the mod creator/s

Thank you,

FraPP!!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back