General Banding issues on reflective surfaces

Hi guys quick question. I've noticed a lot of banding in reflections when I run the game - it seems to happen on all cars on flat surfaces like bonnets, in motion and standing still. Is this some sort of AA problem or some sort of shader issue? It's very immersion breaking. I'm guessing it's something to do with how reflections/shadows are being calculated. I'm running the latest subscriber version of CSP btw.

It's this kind of thing - I see it when I run the Benchmark too on the lotus that you pass - the bonnet is just lots of flashing grey bands. Is it something in my settings or just the way the game is?

Attachments

• ExampleBanding1.jpg
    ExampleBanding1.jpg
    125.1 KB · Views: 62
  • ExampleBanding2.jpg
    ExampleBanding2.jpg
    161.6 KB · Views: 61
Interesting! So I didn't imagine these banding stripes when I saw them last week!
Sadly I have no idea what they are... Subscribed to this thread though!

I've figured it out. It is the shadow resolution in Assetto. Anything lower than 3072x3072 on my screen other than shadows switched off completely (Odyssey G9) presents as stripes. Unfortunately this means my FPS goes from 191 average to 137 average if I want it to continue looking good! I guess for performance I can live with the horrible stripes, but goddamn I'd like a fix for this that can preserve my FPS...

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.