Backlight problem

wein

Premium
Does this happen to anyone else? Cars in the backlights at sunrise and sunset look flat, like it's an optics problem. Contrasting with the dark shadow on the ground ... I've tried it with every possible performance setting and it's always the same ... otherwise it looks spectacular.

Attachments

• 20210516223231_1.jpg
    20210516223231_1.jpg
    433.6 KB · Views: 96
From my own experience, that behavior has existed for quite some time. I seldom, if ever, notice it from the cockpit view but I notice it somewhat often when viewing replays with the trackside cameras. It may be a rare occurrence if you don’t often drive in weather or lighting conditions that place the cars or portions of them in distinct shadow.

From my own experience, that behavior has existed for quite some time. I seldom, if ever, notice it from the cockpit view but I notice it somewhat often when viewing replays with the trackside cameras. It may be a rare occurrence if you don’t often drive in weather or lighting conditions that place the cars or portions of them in distinct shadow.
Yes, I think it's from the beginning of AMS2. I had already seen it but I thought it would be a bug that would be corrected later, but it seems to be holding. Hence my doubt as to whether it is a matter of my computer or my configuration ... It happens to me with all cars and, as you can see, also in the cockpit view (which is the most annoying).

It needs to look a bit more like this.

Look More Like This.jpg

No idea how they could change it, I guess there's just a feathered black box being rendered under the cars? As when you turn shadows of you still have this box reprasenting the look of ambient occlusion.

I'm sure it's probably more complicated than that as it needs to transform to match the shapes in the track.

So they would need some why of knowing how dark the other shadows around it are and altering the transparency.

Or maybe they could try changing the texture to be less dark around the edge and only really dark in the centre, who knows.

Again I'm just having a guess.

I've tried mucking about with Reshade to see if it can be altered but haven't come up with any thing.

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea