Cars AWD / AWD2 Setting Torque Split?

Heya,

I am working on a little variant / modification for the Alfa Romeo 155 V6 and I've been tweaking for quite some time with in-game files however i never fully wrapped my head around how you would modify the AWD/AWD2 system, now i know it's not possible to change torque split in pits / on the fly, however I am struggling to find ANY info as to where the torque split is handled and HOW.

Just for a quick rundown, I initially thought centre diffs had something to do with this however after making my own setup.ini where i can change any of the diffs of which oddly enough there is 4 (for ex. FRONT_POWER, REAR_POWER, CENTER_POWER and just DIFF_POWER). I had no luck with anything. Could anyone perhaps guide me as to how the game handles AWD/AWD2 torque split so i can modify it and where the variables are located? (Perhaps i am just blind but i could not find anything useful under drivetrain.ini)

Thanks in advance

AWD is the mechanical differential based on drivetrain.ini and whatever you select with setup applies (probably just central diff lock on power?). AWD2 is not a differential split, it's a clutch design that puts a specific amount of torque to the front according to controllers, and there is afaik no setup available on it.

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea