Automobilista is now available on Steam Early Access

Renato Simioni

Reiza Studios
Automobilista Cars.jpg

AUTOMOBILISTA puts you in the driving seat of one of the most advanced racing simulators and delivers a uniquely diverse motorsports experience!

As the natural successor to Reiza Studios´ previous title - the highly regarded Stock Car Extreme, originally released in 2013 - AUTOMOBILISTA continues to simulate the premium Brazilian racing series such as Stock Car V8, Copa Petrobras de Marcas, Formula 3 Brasil and Mitsubishi Lancer Cup, now packing every car and every track from their respective 2015 championships.

Beyond the brazilian core, AUTOMOBILISTA is extensively complemented with one of the most diverse selections or racing vehicles you will find in a racing game: only in AUTOMOBILISTA will you be able to jump from a rental kart to a 800-HP F1 car; from drifting a Rallycross EvoX to jumping ramps in a Supertruck; from mastering the driving basics in a Formula Vee to managing a full 24h race in an endurance prototype; back and forth through historical and modern content featuring a sample of several decades of GP racing - all of this and much more within a few mouse clicks. Thoroughly researched and cohesively developed for maximum simulation accuracy, AUTOMOBILISTA captures the fun only motorsports in its various forms can provide.

In addition to the content already present in Stock Car Extreme - all of which comprehensively upgraded - AUTOMOBILISTA turns it up to a new level by adding all the new cars & tracks proposed in the SimRacing Bonanza crowdfunding campaign, new simulation features such as dynamic track conditions, advanced transmission and tire modelling, substantial upgrades to physics, graphics & audio, new game modes and much more!

Keep in mind the title is still an advanced beta and being released in Early Access - some bits and bobs still to add and improvements to be made. We´ll also be sharing more information as to how to get the best out of Automobilista as we progress through the week.

IMPORTANT EDIT:
Do not copy your player PLR, controller or config.ini from SCE or any previous title. Save yourself some trouble and start fully fresh.

Last edited:
Creating a new profile seems to have rectified the major FPS issues.

Still some stuttering while turning laps. I echo the rest of the users here who have gone from 1,000,000 FPS in Stock Car Extreme to noticeable stutter. Doesn't matter if I've got DynHUD on or not.

In nvidia inspector, I was using 8xS AA and 8x SGSS for AA Transparency and was very smooth in SCE and capped at 60FPS. Move to AMS with same inspector profile and was barely getting 45FPS and was stuttering like crazy. I changed AA to 4x Multisampling and Transparency to 4x SSGS and I am getting a steady 60FPS with 25 AI and the motion is as smooth as can be and still looks better than SCE ever did. Card is a EVGA 750ti FTW

I used to have to turn time scale and special effects to off in SCE to prevent stutter and now I can use both without a hint of stutter

Im running GTX980ti and whatever settings i try via Nvidia Control panel or via Inspector, i just can't get the game as sharp as Ftruck. Were in Ftruck i see no alising it is sharp as a razor, in AMS it looks like i have no anti aliasing on at all while i have set the correct parameters in the control panel / Inspector (not using them both the same time). Anyways, it only bothers me when im doing the warmup round. Once racing i have only eyes on the track.
Concerning stutters. I only see stutters when i set the Maximum pre-rendered frames higher than 1. Setting this at 4, the framerate is stable at 60 but there is weird lag.

Im running GTX980ti and whatever settings i try via Nvidia Control panel or via Inspector, i just can't get the game as sharp as Ftruck. Were in Ftruck i see no alising it is sharp as a razor, in AMS it looks like i have no anti aliasing on at all ....
Had the same issue, but there is an AA option in the nvidia inspector that says: "override any application setting". After i applied this it looked great and sharp..

Is it possible to easily move the Dynhud widgets to outside screens in a triple screen setup? or choose which widgets you want to display individually?
You can find the editor in AMS\Plugins\DynHUD\editor and create your own HUD.
Read the help in the editor, it itells you how to personalize he HUD for each session and/or car.
Couple of personalized HUDs in the Mods section already... have fun:)

Concerning stutters. I only see stutters when i set the Maximum pre-rendered frames higher than 1. Setting this at 4, the framerate is stable at 60 but there is weird lag.
It seems that setting Maximum pre-rendered frames at 1 in nvidia control panel fixed the stuttering for most people in the beta forum. In addition, I find that caping frames to 60 helps and allowed me to max out all settings. Could be different depending on your specs of course. Shadows are the first thing to reduce if you have lower specs.
Setting time scale to none seems like an another solution, that stopped the stutters for many people. But then you loose one of the features imho, having a changing lighting around is quite nice…
And I don't know for AMD cards...

Found it on Steam yesterday ready to be installed, just took me a few minutes to do the initial config (wheel, graphics etc) and everything worked perfectly for me.

I have to say that I was impressed, it feels really good (ffb/physics), sound not bad at all and graphics so much better then previous games.

Well done Reize, this is a great addition to the sim world and I'm looking forward to spend lots of time racing with it.

PS: I also updated my proracing web dash and worked nicely with the plugin ;)

Thanks and keep it up!!!

I'm guessing this is the official bug/feedback-thread, so here's what I've gathered 'til now (excluding mentioned stuff):

- game starts in minimized mode (ALT + TAB effect) every single time [W10 x64];
- changing racing series "resets" previously chosen track to default (or very first on the list) which is Brasilia;
- few .cam files need minor updates like T-cam F3 where helmet is obscured and T-cam FExtreme where you can't see arms.

The new hud just disappeared and i can't get it back.. Maybe something to do with soft th setup? And yes i know its glitchy aswell.

Apart from that, everything seems to work suprisingly good. And it's going to be the sim for me that kills the other titles!
I don't see why i would play anything else in the near future. :thumbsup:

Thanks Reiza! :)

The new hud just disappeared and i can't get it back.. Maybe something to do with soft th setup? And yes i know its glitchy aswell.

Apart from that, everything seems to work suprisingly good. And it's going to be the sim for me that kills the other titles!
I don't see why i would play anything else in the near future. :thumbsup:

Thanks Reiza! :)

The game requires ‘d3d9.dll’ for DynHUD and ‘d3d9_2.dll’ for SweetFX. If you replace either of these files for any reason (SoftTH etc), then you will lose these features.

Nice beta. Great free upgrade from gsce. :thumbsup: Some impressions after 3 hours of gameplay:

+ nice HD menus and huds give it a new feel.
+ V10 (accurate sound) and supertrucks are real fun.
- while autoclutch was on, I could not drive until I binded the clutch to a some key. I remember I had the same thing initially with gsce, but a new user could be annoyed by this. (DFGT wheel, new user profile)
- getting messages about DRS etc when it's not applicable for the car I'm driving, is a bit annoying. Otherwise the message window is really helpful, especially for new users.
- would be nice if the V10 with auto upshifts enabled would give me to option to also manually upshift, to save the engine for example.
- the formula cars still snap violently left/right when there is wheelspin out of a slow corner, but luckily the V10 has TC settings.

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 191 88.0%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 36 16.6%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 29 13.4%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 30 13.8%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 60 27.6%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 73 33.6%