Resource icon

Other Automobilista 2 Auto Director Version 0.3.2.3

Login or Register an account to download this content
RangeyRover submitted a new resource:

Automobilista 2 Auto Director - Auto Director for AMS2 through simhub

Hi All,
Attached is proof of concept AMS2 Auto Director running in Simhub.
There are limited keyboard commands available, Up, down, enter for drivers, u to change across to cameras, left right, enter for camera type. Thats it.
It can not work in spectator mode as no telemetry is available in that mode.

Auto Director has some basic rules.
  • Smallest gap is the most dominant
  • It wont show you in the pits unless you enter with the camera on you cos...

Read more about this resource...

RangeyRover updated Automobilista 2 Auto Director with a new update entry:

AMS2 Auto Director now with None Race sessions

Hi All,
Attached is proof of concept AMS2 Auto DirectorV0.2 running in Simhub, now has none race sessions and a rudimentary control dash.
There are limited keyboard commands available, Up, down, enter for drivers, u to change across to cameras, left right, enter for camera type. Thats it.
It can not work in spectator mode as no telemetry is available in that mode.

Auto Director has some basic rules.
In Race:
  • Smallest gap is the most dominant...

Read the rest of this update entry...

RangeyRover updated Automobilista 2 Auto Director with a new update entry:

AMS2 Auto Director for Replays, Spectator and Broadcasters

I've taken a different direction with this and discovered that simhub can get useful data in Replays, Spectator and Broadcasters modes when switched to UDP.
This means that we cant use gary swallows excellent plugin however as it doesn't work in that mode.

What we have now is an Auto director that works in race mode only (for now) for Replays, Spectator and Broadcasters.

It's driven by the simhub overlay. The simhub overlay gets the data from the streamers AMS2 and we use the OBS browser...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Oh, I'm sorry, it must be that my English is not that good, but it really doesn't make it clear to me what this mod is really for. Is it for common players? Is it focused perhaps on YouTubers? I feel in the description as if I had missed something previous... Again, I don't know if it's me that's the problem, or if it's described too vaguely...

Oh, I'm sorry, it must be that my English is not that good, but it really doesn't make it clear to me what this mod is really for. Is it for common players? Is it focused perhaps on YouTubers? I feel in the description as if I had missed something previous... Again, I don't know if it's me that's the problem, or if it's described too vaguely...
Hi Mate, it's for streaming broadcasters for online multiplayer races.

Hi! It seems like it almost works, it scrolls up and down with the "arrows" when it wants to switch, but it can't "Press" enter. Anything I'm doing wrong?

Hi! It seems like it almost works, it scrolls up and down with the "arrows" when it wants to switch, but it can't "Press" enter. Anything I'm doing wrong?
Hi Mate,
Did you manage to work it out?
Are you using the Python version of the script?
First person I think who's tried to run it, I'd given up on it for a while.
There are more features in simhub that I can use now, so I'll probably have another go.
Thanks
RR

Hi Mate,
Did you manage to work it out?
Are you using the Python version of the script?
First person I think who's tried to run it, I'd given up on it for a while.
There are more features in simhub that I can use now, so I'll probably have another go.
Thanks
RR
Hi! I think I am using Autohotkey, how do I swap to the python version?

Hello,

Does this work with replays? One section seems to indicate it does the other only if you have a car retire to the pits.

I'm looking for a program for AMS2 that does what Streaming? Sweet!! does for Assetto Corsa.

Thanks

Hello,

Does this work with replays? One section seems to indicate it does the other only if you have a car retire to the pits.

I'm looking for a program for AMS2 that does what Streaming? Sweet!! does for Assetto Corsa.

Thanks
Hi mate, the original version did not, but the latest version definitely works with replays.
I'd be glad to see more people using it!
Examples:

Rangey,

Ok got this far...

• Import the dash into simhub - Done
  • Run python exe - What does this mean?
To Operate:

• Start AMS2 - Can do
  • Run simhub dash - Can do
  • Run Python Script and give it the simhub dash OBS address - What does this mean?
  • Be in Spectator or Broadcast mode - Do I need to do this if using a replay?
  • Start the race - Or replay
  • Start the Python Exe - What does this mean?
  • Click driver 1 and leave the game in focus - Do I need to do this if using a replay?
Sorry for so many questions, but i really want to use this on my YouTube channel for my AMS2 replays, full credit to you of course. :)

Rangey,

Ok got this far...

• Import the dash into simhub - Done
  • Run python exe - TestAuto4.exe What does this mean?
To Operate:

• Start AMS2 - Can do
  • Run simhub dash - Can do
  • Run python exe - TestAuto4.exe and give it the simhub dash OBS address - What does this mean?
  • Be in Spectator or Broadcast mode - Do I need to do this if using a replay? No
  • Start the race - Or replay
  • Start python exe - TestAuto4.exe - What does this mean?
  • Click driver 1 and leave the game in focus - Do I need to do this if using a replay? Yes
Sorry for so many questions, but i really want to use this on my YouTube channel for my AMS2 replays, full credit to you of course. :)
I edited the main Overview as it's clear to me, but I wrote it :)
I've answered inline above.
I'm going to make a little video of starting it up, I hope that will help.
A credit would be very nice, I'd like to see more folks using this
RR

Last edited:
Hi, seeing as AMS2 is like PC2 can this tool be used with Project Cars 2. Great idea btw!
I don't own Pcars2 but I don't think it would take much to make it work. I think Pcars2 has a richer replay interface to be honest, it could probably be made to work quite a bit nicer.
Edit:
I DO own it. Must have been part of a bundle. I've never installed it tbh
I might have a mess around and see if it needs any mods to the dash
Edit2:
The exe wouldn't change, just the simhub dash. You are welcome to try it and see how far that you get.

Last edited:
I edited the main Overview as it's clear to me, but I wrote it :)
I've answered inline above.
I'm going to make a little video of starting it up, I hope that will help.
A credit would be very nice, I'd like to see more folks using this
RR
Rangey,

Good news working sort of...

I end up having stops and manual starts of the replay. If I click on multiple drivers it does seem to go away, just curious if there is a better way to get the replay to run without the stopping and then I have to press play? I'm sure I'm doing something wrong??

Also the Now Watching appears in the chrome window, but not on the replay itself?

FYI: Didn't realize I needed to have Chrome installed??

Really like the switching between cars in "battle" well done sir!!

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.