Austrian Grand Prix Driver of the Day - VOTE NOW!

He's simply a bad loser, arrogant person, when the girl went to interview him on the driver truck drive was a good example, he slowly moves his earphones, reluctantly, as if to say "please leave me alone,Biebers serenading me" then, all alone, with his no friends he explains with a small tear and lump in throat, then have you noticed every race he says "struggling with my tyres guys,what can you do" as he turns in another fastest lap. It's true I can't stand the dick.
True, everyone else's tyres degrade, Hamiltons tyres go off just to upset him.

Ironic how everyone was yapping about Lewis asking for Bottas to slow down Vettel but I don't see anyone complaining about Ferrari sabotaging Kimi's race to give Vettel the lead.
Whilst it was still bad Ferrari chose to make Kimi stay out to help the gap come down... It did not work. Bottas flew by... Plus Vettel was not on the radio asking for it to happen. That is what a lot of people had a problem with.

DotD Ricciardo

Hamilton's issue is his own image of himself, he see's himself as the best there has been, he's what I call a fair-weather man, when all is as it should be he's fine, but as soon as something ruffles his feathers he gets all gloom & doom because it's out of his control, he's a drama queen.

I find he's up himself to a large degree, but in the same breath he's a very very talented driver and you can't take that way from him, But he's not the best on track IMO, he's in the best car that's what makes him fastest.
Take Bottas for example, before he sat his butt in a Merc he was mid pack, now look at him, challenging for the title. The driver is only 40% of the win these days, the other 60% is in the car, I think if you put all the drivers in the same car you would be surprised as to who the fastest driver's are.

just my 2c

I think if you put all the drivers in the same car you would be surprised as to who the fastest driver's are.

So totally true. I think we would be surprised by the drivers who gets totally ripped apart and the ones who will be up front.

And as for Hamilton, same holds true for Vettel. When everything goes smooth, it looks fair and square. But once the road to his succes gets rocky, he goes full retard. :(

Hi Bottas has only just joined the team and on occasions is matching Hamilton speed,, Vettel who i feel could be faster in that car , Verstappen , Riccardo ,Stroll is showing promise, now i am not saying all these drivers are more talented than Hamilton as we all know theres more to just driving a car fast! but i believe any of these drivers can hold there own in the car Hamilton drives today and match him if we are talking raw speed. Now if you asked me Who's the best Driver in f1 today Hamilton would be near the top:whistling:
Vettel, Perez, Verstappen, verstappens dad, Ted Kravitz, many, but hey, I'm not denying he's fast, he is, no question, I'm saying he's a bad sport, he earns phenomenal money, I knows it's a short career, but $100 million, I think he'll get by, he "owes" his fan(Justin someone)some manners. He owes us some respect, he's owes everyone associated some respect, he's owes the world some respect, and he could do it so easily, at zero cost, All the other drivers have that respect, because most are very well educated, speak several languages, and have respect built in, yes, they are priveliged probably, Lewis was a diamond in the rough, but manners cost nothing. And for nothing he could have respect. It's a no brainier, but not it seems for him.

*Checks the BBC website* If you want a laugh today read Benson's article on "Compelling" Lewis... Its actually a better love story than twilight...

Lewis does not seem to lose "gracefully". It speaks volumes for his competitive nature as he is never happy for anything less than 1st... but it makes it hard to like him. I was a huge Hamilton fan up until 2014 after that he started dropping out of my favourites, but I still respect him as a driver and a huge talent.
Disagree. As soon as he is in traffic he starts complaining about noises, tyres etc and calling out for more power (his main overtaking method) where as the likes of Vettel, Alonso, Ricciardo can drive their car almost beyond its ability, making top shelf on the limit moves using skill.

Hamilton hatred rules. Is it the shoes? is it the shorts? is it intolerance? is the skin?
My sentiments exactly. More hate going on for Lewis than any other driver on the grid. So predictable in this day and age.

I wish all the Lewis haters would just stop trying to be politically correct and tell it like it is.

Senna is my favorite driver of all time but just watch back some of his old interviews and you'll see that he could sometimes take arrogance and general moodyness to a whole new level. Didn't stop me idolizing the guy though.

Last edited:
Thread is driver of the day...but nah you guys cant help yourselves and turn it to a Hamilton/Vettel thread....Keep your prejudice , state your vote and reason simple !!! ?? .................................Now fight amongst yourself's

Grosjean ... good to see that his car don`t broke down again. He has developed to a very fas tand constant driver and without him Haas won`t have achieved it´s points. Kvyatt seems to be more usefull in a submarine: as a torpedo...;)

Sorry, but image matters in an advertising-supported sport. Telling people that they "shouldn't be watching" is not exactly what F1 needs at the moment.

Plus, I'm not even talking about his private life. I'm speculating as to why some people (myself not included) have an allergic reaction to the most gifted driver of the past decade.
I wasn't ACCUSING anyone, I was simply replying on the notion you presented.

Image matters? So these people must hate Kimi then right?
Except they don't. Kimi has the most support and Lewis has the least.

General comment on the whole Lewis thing :

I find it fickle, when we watch F1 to watch RACING, that people complain about how a driver conducts an interview, and that somehow warps their perspective. Take Vettel, one of the coolest guys on the grid, great infront of camera, always makes people smile, but an absolute PRICK behind the wheel. Multi21 [forcing people onto grass regularly during his RB days] and now Bakugate.

I don't dislike Vettel the personality, but I dislike Vettel the driver, and if someone is going to resort to underhanded stuff like that, it's going to make me question their morality, which in turn, means that I can no longer support said person unless they show an incredible improvement in morality.

Just don't really see why someone would question Lewis morality because he's short with interviews or he doesn't really give a ****, I mean Kimi gives the most crap answers to journalists all the time, but everyone loves him for it. Alonso is verbally toxic at McLaren and everyone loves that too.

Lewis wears his heart on his sleave, expecting a HUMAN to be superhuman and never show emotions and remain professional at all times is incredulous, and to be honest, THAT is the true fake sports personality. I don't see how people struggle to see Lewis' sincerity when hes moody in interviews or whatever. How is that fake?

Fake, would be PRETENDING that you gave a ****. The only thing "fake" about Lewis' personality is his private life where SUDDENLY after being famous he's mates with all these rappers and whatever, at the race track he comes across as being 100% genuine if people don't like the way he does his business, in interviews etc, I understand WHY they don't like it, but I don't understand why that means they can't support Lewis the DRIVER or why they seem to want him to have no success, when all he does on track is conduct himself among other drivers with total respect..

At the end of the day, as a liberally minded person I believe he has the right to do whatever he wants. I can't judge someone for doing what they want to given the opportunities they have. And I wouldn't be very vocal in interviews either if they happened all the time, so I can't judge him for that either, as I'm a consistent minded person that tries never to be a hypocrite, and I will always view people as if I was in their position and I'm not going to demand impossible standards, that I myself don't live up to.

I don't care, I watch F1 for the races, I don't watch F1 because I wanna hear every single detail and word from every single drivers mouth, hell I don't even care what my favourite guys say in interviews, I just wanna see the action.

Agree..pretty sure there are 5 drivers who are faster then Hamilton in the same car, over the course of a season
HAHAHAHAHA!! Don't make me laugh bro. F3, F2, F1. Multiple formula champion. Beat Alonso on debut in the same car. If Mercedes have the balls, let them put Vettel in the same car.

So totally true. I think we would be surprised by the drivers who gets totally ripped apart and the ones who will be up front.

And as for Hamilton, same holds true for Vettel. When everything goes smooth, it looks fair and square. But once the road to his succes gets rocky, he goes full retard. :(
Exactly, everyone seems to have forgotten Vettel whining when Ricciardo was serving him some arse whopping in the same car. :roflmao:

Exactly, everyone seems to have forgotten Vettel whining when Ricciardo was serving him some arse whopping in the same car. :roflmao:
That was truly a glorious year.

And how much did Vettel look like a sore loser then? Didn't hear anyone complaining as much about that as they do about Lewis.

There just isn't any consistency in the fanbase of the sport anymore.. maybe social media exacerbates it.. but its really tiring that there's like cliques of little factions, Verstappen fans, Lewis fans, Vettel fans, Kimi fans, and they're just at war in every medium that F1 fans are engaging with each other...

Back in the days before social media it wasn't like that... well, you either liked Schumacher or you liked everyone BUT Schumacher, that was pretty much it as far as fan factions went.

A lot of the conflict and immature conduct is a result of "super" fans and the ones that take it too far. A lot of people here on RaceDepartment are unlike this, That's what makes this site a nice place to chat and interact with other F1 enthusiasts without getting insults and jibes hurled at them. Twitter, Facebook, BBC forums, and any other forms of social interaction are examples of extreme behaviour.

I cannot see past Hamilton's personality for the talent that he has. I hate his haircut and the stupid gold chains and sun glasses he wears. I won't mistake crying like a baby as the heart of a winner either. His post race interview made me want to punch myself.

I desperately want to see verstappen on the podium again. he's one of if not the most talented drivers on the grid today. What was it, 73 overtakes last year?

We need another wet race! What's the weather looking like for Silverstone next weekend?

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 62 29.5%
  • More leagues

Votes: 41 19.5%
  • Prizes

Votes: 43 20.5%
  • Trophies

Votes: 24 11.4%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 14 6.7%