AC Audi TT Cup @ Road America Wed 19 June 2019

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
@Bobby Pennington, I've tried to hate it back but the harder you drive it the slower it goes! It reminds me of golf!! -:confused: I know that if I practice and swing slower I would be better but I really just want to smash the ball so how can I have fun and score well at the same time:O_o: Same with this car, slow in fast out works really well but I just really want to slam it in there; so I guess I'm doomed to go slow (well actually that isn't new!!) If anyone has a good setup I'm ready to listen, I'm just happily tooling along with default setup at the moment! Still having fun though!

okay so, this is weird. None of my controls work when I load the Audi tt Cup car, and I mean nothing, steering, brake, throttle, clutch, exit race, restart session, center HMD, absolutely nothing. If I load up the audi tt RS or a few other cars everything works. Not sure what the heck is going on and I will try to get it fixed by Wednesday, but just saying. I deleted the car car and then did the steam check integrity of files and it loaded the Audi tt Cup car back in but still had the same issue. If anybody has experienced this issue please let me know what you did to fix it. Thank you in advance.
If you use Content Manager, you can get this problem. It's happened to me and when it does I use the default Kunos App to join and then everything is ok. I know it's weird, but trust me, I threatened to flatten the world until I figured it out. Give it a go and let me know if it works for you.

I'm sorry, I'm so sorry, hopefully last problem. When trying to race online, I get "Error kunos servers returned a list of gibberish instead of list of servers, could it be that your using steam ID without AC linked to it? Online racing works with the Kunos launcher, SRS and RSR both are operational. What did I screw up? CM is in the AC root folder. What am I missing? Thank you and I'm sorry

Attachments

• Screenshot (158).png
    Screenshot (158).png
    554.5 KB · Views: 106
@Rob Strobel don't sweat it. That's why we are a club; to help one another out. Are you saying that the Kunos launcher / ui works with SRS and RSR, but not RD's? If that's the case that is very weird and I've never heard of it. Your CM exe may be in the AC root folder, but there is a little known CM documents folder, but it's not your normal Documents folder. It's in the C:\Users\bobby\AppData\Local folder. You have to be able to see hidden files to find it, but I don't think the problem lies in there to be honest with you. Make sure that your Steam ID is put in the right place in the CM ui and make sure it is YOUR ID exactly. Check the Kunos ui while your at it. If this doesn't fix your issues, we'll get together on TS well before official practice starts and we'll get you sorted. I hope for your sake you already have kids because if not, guess what one of them is going to be called:confused::D:D:D Oh yeah baby...............nuttins fo free:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao: I'll check in tomorrow to see how you get along with fixing the problem. Good luck and g'night.

@Bobby Pennington, I'll look for that folder when I get home this evening. Where in CM would I see my Steam ID? The Kunos launcher works with everything, RSR, SRS and online public lobbies, CM only works with RSR and SRS. Worst comes to worst I'll use the Kunos launcher till this is sorted out, just have to put different parameters into SimCommander.

@Bobby Pennington, I've tried to hate it back but the harder you drive it the slower it goes! It reminds me of golf!! -:confused: I know that if I practice and swing slower I would be better but I really just want to smash the ball so how can I have fun and score well at the same time:O_o: Same with this car, slow in fast out works really well but I just really want to slam it in there; so I guess I'm doomed to go slow (well actually that isn't new!!) If anyone has a good setup I'm ready to listen, I'm just happily tooling along with default setup at the moment! Still having fun though!
EDIT: Forget all the below, it's the wrong car:roflmao::laugh: :redface: But I'll leave there for if you ever need it, and so you know what's waiting for you when you get to be a 'senior':D

Just having a nosey from over the pond:p and saw your post Keith.

Attached is a setup I used for the Imola race a couple of weeks ago - a bit of a mongrel, made for Bridgehampton, but worked well in both... a few simple tweaks and you should be OK for Road America (probably take some rear wing off, adds to the fun) - not a lover of front wheel drive myself so aimed to get it to rotate. Only spun once:whistling:

Hope you guys have a great race;)

Attachments

• Bridge Imola Audi jp.ini
    1.8 KB · Views: 101
Last edited:
Just having a nosey from over the pond:p and saw your post Keith.

Attached is a setup I used for the Imola race a couple of weeks ago - a bit of a mongrel, made for Bridgehampton, but worked well in both... a few simple tweaks and you should be OK for Road America (probably take some rear wing off, adds to the fun) - not a lover of front wheel drive myself so aimed to get it to rotate. Only spun once:whistling:

Hope you guys have a great race;)
It ain't a nosy if you're involved John. People like you are why this thing is so successful. Thanks for dropping in. I wish you could join us, but I know it's very early morning over there. I hope to race with you guys soln.

@Bobby Pennington, I'll look for that folder when I get home this evening. Where in CM would I see my Steam ID? The Kunos launcher works with everything, RSR, SRS and online public lobbies, CM only works with RSR and SRS. Worst comes to worst I'll use the Kunos launcher till this is sorted out, just have to put different parameters into SimCommander.
soon. CM I think it's under the settings tab, Content Manager, or settings tab, Assetto Corsa, online. I'll be on my pain a few hours and double check and post screenshots when I do.

Hey guys, I'll be on ts at least an hour earlier so we can answer any questions you may have so when it come race time, you pack of hungry wolves can hunt Scott down and give him the proper nipping at his heels he deserves :sneaky::sneaky::D

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.