At this point, is a logitech DD pro formula wheel even likely to happen?

I bought this wheel as my first DD experience. It's been great I suppose. And since I race in VR, the appearance of the wheel doesn't much matter to me.

But I'd really like to have a simple formula wheel. I'm beginning to think that there were some kind of sales target they needed to meet to produce new products for their DD ecosystem, and that they didn't get there.

I just can't think of any other reason why this large company with a McLaren sponsorship is the only damn sim racing company without a McLaren wheel, lol.

I haven't done any tinkering or inspecting at all, and I'm pretty new to all of this. The quick release system seems easy to use and robust - why can't someone produce an aftermarket wheel or mod or something to allow 3rd party wheels?

With the impending release of the new fanatec 12 NM wheelbase, this went from a dubious purchase to an outright poot one =\,

Sorry to hear that. It's indeed a shame they didn't add stuff to their ecosystem yet. Can't even call it an ecosystem this way. More than a year has passed since its release. You're describing the exact reason why Logitech DD wasn't a very good choice to begin with. Lesson learned: don't buy promises, buy products.

Sim racing is expensive and wrong choices can make things worse. Before you switch to Fanatec, take a deep breath and try to look ahead. Would be a shame if Logitech releases a new wheel right after you switch to another brand. And first try to find out if going Fanatec 12m is an actual improvement compared to your LogiDD. Small differences for a lot of money, can lead to the next disappointment.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.