Aston Martin DBR9 [Strakka Racing | ELMS 2008]

Skins Aston Martin DBR9 [Strakka Racing | ELMS 2008] 1.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
gibsonhase submitted a new resource:

Aston Martin DBR9 [Strakka Racing | ELMS 2008] - Aston Martin DBR9 Skin [Strakka Racing ]

Strakka Racing Skin for the Aston Martin DBR9 Mod (by Mike Rudland & Nathan Biddlecombe).

View attachment 238396

The Car was driven by Nick Leventis, Peter Hardman and Darren Turner at the 1000km of Silverstone during the 2008 ELMS season.

View attachment 238397

Credits to Jacky X whose beautiful Gulf Racing Skin (http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/aston-martin-dbr9-gulf.19736/) I used as a template for rim colour, tyres and brake callipers.

Read more about this resource...

Looks great and would love to give it a go but i can not find a link for the mod car to use it with.
Any chance someone could post a download link ...

Cheers
Jay

Hi gibsonhase,

Many thanks for the tip ... have downloaded it along with your skin which looks really good.

I've actually worked with this car in real life hence i was super excited to see a DBR9 mod for AC and the Straka skin .... The car handles quite well and the model seems ok but the sounds are probably the worse i've ever heard in AC ... no fidelity and not very much going on in the way of transmission and tyres ... and sounds nothing like the car does in real life ... shame.

However i used content manager to replace the default DBR9 sounds with what i consider to be one of the best sounding GT mod cars available for AC and its truly transformed it ... don't want to say exactly which cars sound set i used as i know this can be a grey area .. (hint its a Jag V12) ;);)

Great work my friend ...
Cheers
Jay

Hm. Can we have a real discussion about where to get this mod the proper way? I know of a dbr9 and a drs9. Please tell me at least one of them is legit and I can pay for it somewhere?

This skin looks great. Good work.

Hi dud,

I really don't know what the original source is for the DBR9 linked in the above video is, the authors seem to be Mike Rudland & Nathan Biddlecombe.

The car does not seem to be listed on any of the Assetto Corssa resource/database sites that I regularly visit which is why i could not find it until gibsonhase posted the above link to the video which makes me wonder if its an unauthorised rip or conversion ... that said it has a ton of adjustability and setup options and drives/feels pretty good (except for the sound) so clearly a fair amount of work has gone in to it.

I did read on another skin available for the DBR9 on RD that someone said it was available from some sort of Facebook resource .... I don't use nor trust Facebook so have been unable to investigate that source any further. I really don't understand why a mod team would only release AC mods via Facebook and not on RD unless they where ripping other peoples work ...

Hopefully someone involved with the DBR9 mod will see this thread and set the record straight ... I really hope its not a rip and that Mike and Nathan can continue to work on this mod as AC needs a good DBR9 to compete with the great GT cars released by the RSS group .

The AM factory car skins are also available on RD which completes the livery set.

Cheers
Jay

Last edited:
I found that at least one of the DBR(s)9 mods is a rip from another game. Since I own that game, too, I don't feel too bad, I just hate this mess.

The Gaydon Aston Martin cars are some of most beautiful cars, ever, and they are all very similar. You could cover the Vantage V8 and the DB9 variants with quite a bit of overlap in 3D work. Especially around details (lights etc) and interior. They pretty much only made one car between 2003 and 2016. Argh.

dud,

I tried the DBR S9 mod a while back and found it to be very lacking in terms of the cars handling and feel, seemed to me to be a poor port of the car from anther game ... which you have confirmed.

In real life the DBR-S9 was a factory customer GT3 car built and prepared by AM racing,

The DBR9 GT1 car was a totally different beast .. built and prepared by Prodrive who also built and prepared the Ferrari 550 GT1 cars a few years earlier.

Initially AM only ordered 10 DBR9 cars ... which either raced as factory cars or with factory sanctioned satellite teams. However due to its reasonable success and prestige of the brand Prodrive where allowed to manufacture a few more cars who's chassis numbers are prefixed with "#10" and where raced by various independent teams.

I think the DBR9 Mod for AC is pretty good (way better than the DBR-S9 mod ) its is not quite up to the standard of the RSS GT1 cars but with a bit of work it could be a truly great Mod .

Cheers
Jay

Last edited:
Well, the race versions mostly differ in interior and of course the car data.

The main concern here is that one decent free 3D model of Gaydon design Aston Martins (exterior and consumer interior) would enable a wide range of cars with minimal additional work. And these are cool cars.

I wonder whether you can rent a car-sized 3D scanner and somebody would let you have your way with a Vantage or DB9 for a day...

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.