Assetto Oscillations

thank you for your answer
Oh, one important point:
The original CSW, the CSW 2.0 and CSL Elite don't have the possibility to set DRI to 0 afaik.
It's basically always at -5, which is "0" for these wheels.
But you can make the wheel quicker via positive DRI settings.

When I set my CSW 2.5 to DRI = -5, I'd be all over a DD wheel, since it would be a lot more reactive with way more details.

But it's too quick for me at DRI = 0 and with FEI at 100, road details feel like I'd be with my teeth on the tarmac.
So I don't really see how a DD wheel would give me a "wow" moment due to having more details.

But as I said:
- with more than 30cm, I'd like more overall strength
- inertia setting would be awesome

Hi, sorry to "enter" your thread, but I still own and use my CSW 2.5 and am thinking to pass to a Simucube Sport (17 nm); I thought that if I change I go for the best on market

So maybe I can ask some questions to help me to take a decision to stay or change:

About the SC: Michael, you were an owner of CSW 2.5 before;
- aside from your recent problems, are you happy to swap CSW for SC ?
- do you really feel much better the road etc and enjoy much more immersion ?
- and above all, my thinking to go with a DD is to have more immersion, more real feeling to drive a real car in corners etc, but NOT more strenght for my arms to manage the wheel :), because I think the CSW already has more than enough strenght
- Would you like to tell your thoughts about that and your experience with SC in general about driving feeling ?

About the CSW 2.5: Rasmus, I already followed your tips in the past, now after more than a year, may I ask you some questions?
- I remember that when Fanatec DD CSL was out you decided to wait for some months ... Now I see you still use the CSW 2.5; if I can ask, why did not change to a DD yet ?
- well, I really really want to try the DD but I have to say that CSW 2.5 is not bad at all :), so it's difficult (and expensive) to go for the new when the old is fine ... but I think I must go with the new technology
- may I ask you a short explanation about the very few differences between your and mine settings that I took from your suggestions in other threads (mine are here below):View attachment 676861
View attachment 676860

- last question: should you go to a DD (and I think you are thinking about that as anyone which still has not change to a DD), what's you take about the nm maximum strenght to buy ? as I told I am thinking about the SC Sport (max 17 nm), but what's not clear to me is that today I use the CSW 2.5 at 100% strenght, 60% gain in AC and around 50% for cars, and the strenght is already enough for me, so I will not manage much more strenght in the new DD, so my last question is:
- if I will use the SC Sport with the same strenght of my CSW setup , will I still enjoy the better FFB and feeling of the DD or not ?

Thank you in advance, any help will be much appreciated
Sorry, havnt been very active as Ive been moving the last couple weeks.

I did in fact have the CSW2.5 which I gave to my son. As for the comparison of immersion, its minimal. The two things I wanted with a DD was more power (I keep it very high) and the motor operated bump stops. I always hated the idea of the physical stoppers on the base. I felt like I was going to break the base hitting them all the time.

My personal opinion is that if youre not looking for more power, youll be disappointed with the upgrade. Again personally, I would just keep the funds tucked away incase the CSW decides to quit on you.

Side note, I believe the recent problems I was having came down to the power supply going to the SC. It wasnt getting the amperage it wanted. Turns out the outlet I had it plugged into was a 5A breaker, duh.

and the motor operated bump stops.
Another very good reason, yep.
Especially when you're not just driving with a formula wheel, but also use a round/D wheel with changing hand positions.
I love to do this when driving road cars or old cars with lots of rotation. Or when drifting.
And then a soft, adjustable bumpstop is awesome.
Dirt Rally has ingame settings for this. For some reason the "true sims" can't code this, lol.

However:
Fanatec, Thrustmaster and Logitech DDs don't have a soft bumpstop setting!
Not sure about vrs, accuforce and moza...
So I'd probably sell everything and buy a simucube.

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 489 69.1%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 299 42.2%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 324 45.8%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 153 21.6%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 193 27.3%
Back