Assetto Corsa Technology Preview Released

The long awaited moment is here. Kunos Simulazioni released the Technology Preview of Assetto Corsa for current owners of netKar Pro. Grab your paycode, read the instructions below and go nuts!

What is the AC Technology Preview?
It is a playable, no-time limited benchmark that allow gamers to get their first taste of Assetto Corsa engine. This version includes one car, one track, different difficulty levels and two play modes: free practice and time attack. Playing this version and reporting back feedback, benchmarks and bugs, players allow the development team to fix issues and improve the final version of Assetto Corsa, before its release.

Who can access this AC Technology Preview?
Who has purchased a copy of netKar PRO since 2006 can use his netKar Pro activation code to activate the AC Tech Preview.
All gamers who will purchase a copy of netKar PRO until March 1 will receive the link to download the AC Tech Preview for free: until March, 1, they will be able to buy a copy of netKar PRO for just 4,99 Eur, saving 70% of the full price.

Game features
This software allow gamers to drive the Lotus Elise SC on the italian track of Magione, reproduced using the advanced Laserscan Technology. This version is compatible with keyboard, Xpad 360, joysticks, steering wheels and any kind of customizable game devices.

Minimum PC requirements
Windows Vista / 7 / 8 Operative System
CPU: Intel Celeron
RAM: 2 Gigabytes
DirectX 11 graphics card (ex: Nvidia GTS 450 / AMD Radeon HD5770) NOTE: AC graphics engine supports also DirectX 10.1 compatible graphic cards (ATI 4800 HD / Nvidia 8600 GT)
Click here to download the AC Tech Preview (mirror 2, mirror 3, mirror 4)
Click here to visit the Assetto Corsa forums for any feedback, support and other questions you might have.
Enjoy!

Please put your feedback in the comments below

With everything set to maximum and cubes on 2 of 6 (cube resolution high) I can get 60 FPS. Well, that's a start. :)

Played it for the very first time today and holy mother...this game is the best sim I ever played. Feels just natural. Unlike most other sims, driving on ice and the likes.

With Vsync on?

Changed the control pannel settings to yours and with the vsync disabled the opposit full lock is absurd... Wasn't having that with the default settings but was feeling something weird too. Now it disapeared but still can't find a comfortable FFB. Would love to know how it is in real world. Fast corrections are still a bit odd, need to try every single setting outgame to discover what's wrong... But even feeling the immersion still isn't what i think it can be, it's already very good. Love the option to unblock the line of horizon or whatever the name is, it's very realistic. The most similar game to the feeling i have playing this is GSC, very similar physics in my opinion. There is though something i miss from Netkar, curbs now feel softer, would rather have Netkar feeling there...

Aristotelis I think i have found a small bug, not sure.

Basically if i don´t stop the car by using the brakes it will never stop by itself.
It stayed at 6-7km/h all the time. I tried to go over bumps to slow it down but no success.
Eventually i got bored so i added full lock and did maybe 35 circles :D

I checked pedal input and there was no throttle or brakes during the rolling period.

could be as in real life, my old Mercedes Vito Van would do 5mph in first gear without acceleration and quite happily go up kerbs as I found out one day!

Quick question-
Will we have steering sensitivity and steering lock in the demo?
At high speed is the steering meant to be heavy?

I have 900degrees set in game and in the Logitech profiler and the steering isn't as snappy as I'd like, so wanted to know if that is by design or something which is WIP or related to my settings.

Thanks

Changed the control pannel settings to yours and with the vsync disabled the opposit full lock is absurd... Wasn't having that with the default settings but was feeling something weird too. Now it disapeared but still can't find a comfortable FFB. Would love to know how it is in real world. Fast corrections are still a bit odd, need to try every single setting outgame to discover what's wrong... But even feeling the immersion still isn't what i think it can be, it's already very good. Love the option to unblock the line of horizon or whatever the name is, it's very realistic. The most similar game to the feeling i have playing this is GSC, very similar physics in my opinion. There is though something i miss from Netkar, curbs now feel softer, would rather have Netkar feeling there...
Yea so you can feel a difference from Vsync and no Vsync?
It´s crazy.

But Vsync slows you down so what i did was take the forces down to 15% in AC and deal with it basically.
It will still turn into corners for me and i have to keep the wheel straight on the straights.

It slow you down? Lol i'm going to br honest, this is what i love in iRacing, everything related to controls and FFb is so simple, you really only have to concentrate on driving, not worrying about being slower because of theoretically unrelated things. Never changed a setting in iRacing except the general force setting a little bit, it's like the game can do all the work. I mean, i don't know what's real or not, i never drove these cars, it's not up to me to find what's realistic or not. Would love that this game could be the same in that subject. Just choose the best graphic settings possible, configure the controls, highering or lowering a bit the weight of the wheel depending on the model and go racing. I'm a pc noob, i simply like to drive. Please, Kunos, keep this area of wheel settings simple, uniform and independent of graphic settings, it's the only thing i ask, pitty of this noob :)

Hampus, excuse me if this turns out to be nonsense, but doesn't that sound like FFB is reversed?

It sounds exactly like what would happen to me in rFactor if I didn't put negative FFB, instead of centering the wheel, FFB would force it away from the center.

But if it's that, I have no idea why Vsync fixes it, so it might be something else.

Triple buffer makes the graphics card render 3 frames ahead of what's being displayed on the screen so it increases drastically input lag. However it reduces tearing to zero because it guarantees that the screen has access to complete frames to display. It's great for cinematic games that do not require fast input.

Hi all i have a question here. I like to know how i gonna get the netkar pro paycode after i buy it ?? They send to me thru email or ship to my house or provide a link for me to download ?? Thanx first & good day :)

Hampus, excuse me if this turns out to be nonsense, but doesn't that sound like FFB is reversed?

It sounds exactly like what would happen to me in rFactor if I didn't put negative FFB, instead of centering the wheel, FFB would force it away from the center.

But if it's that, I have no idea why Vsync fixes it, so it might be something else.
Nope have tried that too, nothing really changes with the inverted option checked.

To give you an example,

Start the car in pits, drive out, feels fine, take T1, then on the little straight up to T2 the wheel pulls to the left let´s say so i have to keep it straight.
This also give me unrealistic turn-in and very hard to judge as it´s like another person is driving the wheel at the same time.
Then exiting the corner the force that pulled left stops abruptly, like a on/off switch.

Coming up to chicane i have heavy resistance as the wheel pulls right this time, meaning i´m not only fighting the car to turn in but also the FFB.
Then for the slow right hander i again get auto-pilot turning in way to quick for me so i´m not even turning the wheel, i just manage how much the wheel will turn so i hit the apex.
Then for the last right hander before the straight it´s completely normal.
Out on straight it wants to pull left.
Fast double right hander, same deal but it´s manageable as it´s pulling the right way for comfort.
Then the third right hander, it´s autopilot turn-in again, heavy steering into left, autopilot into right and last left hander is normal, then straight it wants to pull either direction.

And all of this is quite random. But it´s still better then Vsync for going quick over a lap.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.