Assetto Corsa: Spa License and Pre-Order Info

Bram Hengeveld

Site Founder
Staff
Premium
Last edited:
Tell that to the guys having troubles with Race07 either due to Steam deleting their content or locking them out because they've made a track or mod...
And it's not just Race07.
It might be a small percentage of gamers out there that have these troubles but once burnt will never use it again either.
I'm sure that there will be a retail version of AC, so don't worry, be happy. :)

I'm sure that there will be a retail version of AC, so don't worry, be happy. :)

I truly & sincerely hope so! :thumbsup:
I REALLY can't understand why any developer would use a business such as Steam that has such flagrant disregard of it's customers & the problems that occasionally arise due to their system.
Surely there has to be a better way, but then again, most people just want to point & click & have it all done for them... :(

I run a heavily modified steam install of GTR2 without any problems. I also have a few mods on Race 07, again without issue but I just dont play it much. GTA4, a real pita to add mods, again works fine from Steam on my machine.

I doubt AC will be exclusive to steam so hopefully you'l get to enjoy it

never had any problems with steam personally, hoping for a
separate release as I'm anal and like dvds! not sure I like the line about taking time to sort the pre order stuff out, sounds like aan excuse for a release date early next year too me....hoping for sooner obviously!!

I truly & sincerely hope so! :thumbsup:
I REALLY can't understand why any developer would use a business such as Steam that has such flagrant disregard of it's customers & the problems that occasionally arise due to their system.
Surely there has to be a better way, but then again, most people just want to point & click & have it all done for them... :(
To sell their product to millions of flagrantly disregarded Steam customers?

Forbes reported that Steam sales constituted 50–70% of the $4 billion market for downloaded PC games and that Steam offered game producers gross margins of 70% of purchase price, compared with 30% at retail
In November 2011, it was revealed by the developer of The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings that Steam was responsible for 200,000 of the 250,000 (80%) total online sales of the game.
The game, which includes the main game and both DLC chapters, was released on the Steam platform on 16 February 2012. Within 48 hours, Remedy announced that revenue from sale of this version surpassed their development and marketing costs for the game

I also hope there will be a downloadable/updatable/DLC (non-steam) version for pre-order. Had some problems with Steam in the past and i dont want to instalit again.

About the DLC ... they have to make extra money to continue scanning new tracks (like Nords) and develop future projects ... so ... i just hope they are not too much expensive for my wallet

I also hope there will be a downloadable/updatable/DLC (non-steam) version for pre-order. Had some problems with Steam in the past and i dont want to instalit again.

About the DLC ... they have to make extra money to continue scanning new tracks (like Nords) and develop future projects ... so ... i just hope they are not too much expensive for my wallet
I doubt AC will scan Nords. There's already a laser scanned version in circulation available.

I also had no problem with games on steam,and i got a handfull.I`ve messed with Race 07 files so much that sometime i dont recognize.my folders,but the game works fine.
It deppends on many factors how a program works on a machine.
Its like people who reinstall OS once a week because its not working properly, but stop and think,why is not working,what you did rong.In most of the cases,things dont broke for no reason.
I for one,forgot when i reinstalled my OS last time...:)

Sometimes people dont do nothing wrong Dinca ... except for letting Steam install a graphic card driver update that made pc crash everytime it starts ...

As i said it didnt broke for no reason.Its up to anyone to chose what a program installs on to your PC.Also,any driver error can be fixed by reverting your System to a previews date when the PC has worked.
I always use nVidia(in my case) control panel for updates.
There will always be people that has problems with Steam,but from 100% of the ones that use it,how much is the % of the ones that has problems with it.

As i said it didnt broke for no reason.Its up to anyone to chose what a program installs on to your PC.Also,any driver error can be fixed by reverting your System to a previews date when the PC has worked.
I always use nVidia(in my case) control panel for updates.
There will always be people that has problems with Steam,but from 100% of the ones that use it,how much is the % of the ones that has problems with it.

Thats right .. and i will choose not to install Steam for AC (if Kunos give me that option)

Im not saying Steam is bad ... actually i voted for Steam in AC. I understand Steam is great for people who like to use the online Steam functions ...and its also great to increase Kunos sales ... those were the reasons why i voted for Steam in AC (even if i dont like it myself). But would be very nice to have the option not to use it if you dont like it.

I solved my problems with drivers very quicky but i know others who almost bought a new graphic card just because of that (they didnt know the PC was crashing because of the driver update)... not everyone knows much about how drivers and software works.

Spa is great, free dlc with a pre-order is great too.

Some are complaining about dlc requiring money. I think it is smart and applaud it. PC sims are a relatively small market and companies like Kunos, if AC ends up as good as we all hope, deserve to have a continuous revenue stream from the product. On top of that, I want the high quality content to keep coming for AC and would be happy to pay for that.

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 131 85.6%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 26 17.0%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 24 15.7%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 19 12.4%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 47 30.7%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 53 34.6%