Assetto Corsa | Share Your Screenshots

Bearing in mind im using my phone so I cant upload them myself, but on their Facebook page, Kunos have some lovely new shots of the Ferrari at what looks like Imola. Very nice they are too!

TWrm2.jpg

Personally, I do not so important that the schedule was super today. I'm important that there was significant physical model. Well, and everything else that makes an interesting car simulator. I recently tried one physical drive for simulators. I am delighted with it. If done on the basis of its simulation, we get very high quality physics. Who cares this is a link to the website developers http://www.carx-tech.com/
I would be glad if Asetto Kors physical game engine would be made ​​of the material to which I gave a link.

Here is my conversation I've just had with Hampus. Very strange bird indeed.

1. Why are you referring me to being a fanboy?

Have you read my comments on iRacing? If not, maybe it was a STUPID idea to call someone a fanboy?
  2. Jamie Shorting

wheel.png
    Licensed Member
    I've got my opinion you've got yours. ;)
  3. Hampus Andersson

wheel.png
    Licensed Member

Gamertag:
    M Power
    Jamie Shorting said:
    I've got my opinion you've got yours. ;)
    No no that´s not an opinion.
    You can´t just go call people fanboy when you have NO IDEA what the hell you are talking about.

Just because i don´t like one thing about Assetto Corsa but like one thing about iRacing does not make me a fanboy.

Had i said PCars instead of iRacing i would have been a Pcars fanboy? Your logics is flawed.
  4. Jamie Shorting

wheel.png
    Licensed Member
    First off I didn't single anyone out so it's not my problem you are getting butthurt.

Second, you can read my first pm to you. It still stands. ;)
  5. Hampus Andersson

wheel.png
    Licensed Member

Gamertag:
    M Power
    New
    Jamie Shorting said:
    First off I didn't single anyone out so it's not my problem you are getting butthurt.

Second, you can read my first pm to you. It still stands. ;)
    You are singling me out. I was the only person mentioning iRacing.

And if you still stand by that first sentence it means you are an idiot.

But of course that´s just my opiníon....
    I take it you are 5 years old?

I´m actually glad you posted that. It just shows how ignorant you are calling people fanboys for no reason at all and when someone tries to correct you, you act like a 5 year old kid.

Nice that you let everyone know how your little brain works :) Thanks mate, this is golden.

and to prove i´m not an iRacing fanboy,

nothing till Q2 2012 it seems....
I´m guessing 2042 Q4.

FVA and NKPro are close but right now after the latest build i´d say iRacing is at the very top right now.
Assetto Corsa will have an even better physics engine so that will be awesome!

I am sure the Cadillac slowed them down because we didn't hear anything about it and all of a sudden it was done and going to be released at the end of the current season. I know there was a issue with the data that iRacing first had, looks like they have something to work with now!

This really means = We got an offer from Cadillac we could not say no to so we fabricated a story about not getting data.

As you said, the Caddy was done pretty much when they announced it.

On the endurance feautures not coming...
Now it´s starting to get ridiculous....

Though the problem is not the time it takes. The problem is that they announced it would be here in August.
That means someone in iRacing has made an estimate time schedule but obviously something must have gone horribly wrong as they are now 6 full months ahead of the initial release.
That means it´s been in development for way longer...

And also the the FMOD, it took them several months to realise that their own sound model could do exactly the same thing as the FMOD.
Surely it would take no less then a week to realise that a product you have bought can do the same thing as the product you already have...it´s absolutely ridiculous since we pay monthly for stuff to arrive every three months, that was the plan from the beginning.

My spotter tries to kill me sometimes,

"Car has stopped on the right, go right"

Wut?

Would a fanboy do this? Or would he praise iRacing at everey chance he get?

Yes Jamie, you are ignorant if you don´t want to face the facts.

Obviously you do or you wouldn't have posted. hehe.

Anyways. Point is how do I block this "person" from sending me any more pms?
You go up to the right hand corner, hover over your name, choose "people you ignore" then click on that.

Then you fill in the name. And Voila, it´s done.

What you then do is buy the book "How to become less ignorant" at ebay.com and start reading. Have fun!

And also the the FMOD, it took them several months to realise that their own sound model could do exactly the same thing as the FMOD.
Surely it would take no less then a week to realise that a product you have bought can do the same thing as the product you already have...
That isn't exactly what they said
What have we learned from our test and research? Like most plug-in software, F-MOD is developed to work with thousands of titles which, in a broad sense, makes it a great product. However, there are trade-offs in making F-MOD so widely applicable, namely what is lost trying to get it to work within an overall larger context or a system like iRacing. There is a level of detail and compatibility that is unique to a particular product, especially a deep product (again, like iRacing) that a plug-in sound engine will not fully address. In other words, we can’t get FMOD to do what our own sound engine does without even more effort modifying FMOD!
source: iRacing.com http://www.iracing.com/inracingnews/iracing-news/service-news/improving-the-sound-of-iracing

They didn't say their own sound model is capable of everything that FMOD does.

Sorry for topic. Also interested in what AC will offer in terms of sound :)

That isn't exactly what they said

source: iRacing.com http://www.iracing.com/inracingnews/iracing-news/service-news/improving-the-sound-of-iracing

They didn't say their own sound model is capable of everything that FMOD does.

Sorry for topic. Also interested in what AC will offer in terms of sound :)
Point is it took them a year to figure this out. Point is they wasted months of development on this.

Point is the sound model is WAY off the time table they said would be released in August 2011.

Well, if they want new features (probably akin to some of FMOD) then that alone can take some time. A new sound engine can take 1 year to develop or even more, if they can't just upgrade their existing one.

That is _why_ devs use FMOD to advantage of sound quality and content which is in the interesting of the user / customer. Proprietary software can have its advantages, IMHO they should have known that before trying FMOD.

Well... all your points are valid though... Maybe their sound team just isn't big enough, as many developers underestimate that part (or perhaps it don't increase sales / subscription to the same extent as other features)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back