Assetto Corsa Competizione Day One

ACC Poll.jpg

Can't wait for release day? What to do? Make a poll!

Assetto Corsa Competizione, release day, what will you do first? Can choose 2...

Personally, I will just learn alone (UI and racing) and then race offline, compare times and slowly enter online races / leagues.

Tell us your thoughts in the poll and comments section below!

Last edited by a moderator:
For me Assetto Corsa is Dead.
I'll never pay for a game which not supports MODs and its content is all about 10-20 cars only
The content of the game is not 10-20 cars. And it's in the UE4 engine, it'll be very easy for people to mod, it just won't be officially supported.

The content of the game are the insanely detailed cars. It's not just "10-20 cars". It's 10-20 cars with incredible amounts of detail, from animations, sounds, physics and so on. As well as that, there's the laser scanned tracks, weather, day/night cycle, career and so so much more.

And like I said, mods will be done for this game, I'm sure. If people can mod PC2, then this game will also get modded, even more so that PC2 I'd imagine.

You makes my day lol
AC already had the same laserscanned tracks and highly detailed models, animations, sounds, physics etc. NOTHING NEW except niht weather which also already exists for AC via MOD
it'll be very easy for people to mod - Let's see yours first.
That's not a good point if you already compare it to PC2 in itself.

You makes my day lol
AC already had the same laserscanned tracks and highly detailed models, animations, sounds, physics etc. NOTHING NEW except niht weather which also already exists for AC via MOD
Those animations, sounds and details in AC are nothing compared to what we'll see in ACC. There will be new laser-scanned tracks. Devs may focus on only one class physics what makes ACC even better. Night and weather mods in AC? Hahaha! Only visual things and not detailed track surface/traction modelling. And night mod is something that is far behind the real thing.
Maybe you are someone who doesn't love GT3 racing. OK, I can understand that. So you are not in fever.
Plus, Blancpain is not only GT3. There is GT3 Asia, GT3 Britain, the GT4 Series so I think we'll have those beasts and tracks in the game as Kunos is not stupid and will make money on this.
And I'll be more than happy to empty my purse.

Modding: I'm quite sure that talented modders will find the way to give us mods. Cars and tracks, too.

You makes my day lol
As Zoltan said, and myself, the animations will be far more detailed and in depth than they currently are in AC. Also, there's new GT cars not already in AC, and the night and rain mods won't even be close to how good ACC will most likely have theirs.

Works for me just fine ... Tested/Returned several games, racing games included (pC2, AC DLC, ...) .. enough time for me to see how it runs and how it feels, combined with info you have from forums it is long enough to see if in wanna have it on release or wait ... Don't need to test everything, specially in game like ACc
Well glad it works for you, never has for me. By the time I think about returning, I've already exceeding the 2 hours. Though I really don't buy a game without major research first. So unless there is a serious flaw at release, I don't bother with returns.

Probably drive a while bunch of cars on a whole bunch of tracks with a big grin on my face the whole time while marvelling at how realistic and enjoyable the while thing is. Then I'll come to RD and find out I did everything wrong and the game actually sucks I just didn't realize it.

Two hours is not long enough to test any game, especially a race sim. Steam's return policy is a joke. :thumbsdown:
In the grand scheme of things it's actually pretty good. It's virtually impossible to get a refund on any software product.

If anything, I think your disappointment about the lack of available testing time in the game should probably be levelled at developers/publishers. Many of us around here are old enough to remember times when properly packaged demos from the developer were very common. Unfortunately I don't see that ever being commonplace again for a number of reasons, high among which would be that Valve effectively forces a two hour demo on everyone.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.