Assetto Corsa: Build 0.9 Released (with multiplayer)

Bram Hengeveld

Site Founder
Staff
Premium
Due to a few delays it took Kunos Simulazioni a little extra time to deliver the announced multiplayer functionality to the community. Today the wait ends as issues have been fixed and tested and are now available via a Steam update for customers.

Besides a whole bunch of servers provided by Kunos the community has start hosting the first multiplayer rooms already and of course you are more than welcome to visit the official RD servers as well.

Buy Assetto Corsa for only 34,99 EUR directly from the RD Store here

The 0.9 upgrade of Assetto Corsa brings the following features to the PC simulation.

Working Features:
  • Booking system
  • Pre-booked clients from server admins
  • Password protected server for booking
  • Password saving for different servers
  • Multi class races
  • Race weekend (practice,qualifying,race) with configurable duration and number of laps
  • Select penalty system or not.
  • Track cycling
  • Loop mode
  • Maximum client limit, determined by circuit pit boxes
  • Clients may re-join at any session if booked.
  • Dedicated server available.
  • 10 public official servers
Known Issues
  • Official server are set to 15 clients and we will gradually increase the clients number
  • with testing. Dedicated server is not limited.
  • Wheels remain always connected on the ground, even if cars flies, jumps of flips
  • Steering wheels angles might appear exaggerated, or inverted
  • Extended characters in player names, are not supported yet
  • Graphical active aero animations do not work on multiplayer clients yet
  • Opponents skidmarks are not visible yet
  • Opponents windshield are not visible in player’s mirrors yet
  • Opponents suspension movements are vertical, wheels might compenetrate cars body on some occasions
  • “Multiplayer options” option from the menu does not work yet (containing voting for skip session, restart servers, kick users, chats etc)
  • Switching between sessions dirt on the car doesn’t disappear race session ends some seconds after the leader finishes the race

Last edited:
MP broke for me, tried twice now and both times I just get "WARNING, CPU OCCUPANCY>95%" with a complete jerk fest :cry:
Same here. i5-4670 @3.4ghz. Also got the strangest hissing/crackling through the 5.1. Weird.

While the game appeared to be very unresponsive with about 1-2fps the fps meter was still recording 40+ fps in the pit lane and was itself responsive.

HHAHHAHAH! Tried mp for the first time. Spent 30m plus finding and booking a server. What genious thought of that system should be given a medal right now!
After finally finding one server and waiting the 10m booking to pass, I thouight i'd be able to join. NOPE! Unsupportet content error, booted from server.

Repeat the whole process. This time I actually get into the game. But SURPRISE! I spawn under the track and keep falling. After 1m of falling a huge sound spike or something happened which I *think* might have damaged my brand new ath-m50 headphones. Ofc I get booted again.

So after about 2 hours of trying I didn't even turn the wheel and I might have broken my headphones.

Good job kunos! You defenitely are a proper programming team and not at all a joke. Kudos to you for your insane skills.

Just pissed myself laughing (not literally I'm not that old, yet). At monza with 3 drivers going past me on the straight after I flipped into the armco and 1 driver flying the wrong way past me going backwards at about 30ft in the air and disappears into a bush. :)

Sorry if this is being retarded but is there anyway to sort by 'booking' only?

Also think it would be nice if KS would allow the AC UI to expand to the resolution of the screen. I'm on a 2560x1440 and the UI only takes up maybe 1/3 of the available space. Wasn't really an issue until you start getting into lists of servers and tonnes of scrolling.

Sorry if this is being retarded but is there anyway to sort by 'booking' only?

Also think it would be nice if KS would allow the AC UI to expand to the resolution of the screen. I'm on a 2560x1440 and the UI only takes up maybe 1/3 of the available space. Wasn't really an issue until you start getting into lists of servers and tonnes of scrolling.
Just under the "summary" button.. there are 4 icons.. one of those allows you to view servers that are "booking" only.. good luck

Just under the "summary" button.. there are 4 icons.. one of those allows you to view servers that are "booking" only.. good luck
Cheers. Weird though. acs.exe just crashed twice a few minutes ago and I restarted. Previously I only had show empty and full server buttons. Now all 4. Ghosts in the machine. cheers :)

AC Facebook said:
Dear followers,

we are monitoring the traffic on Assetto Corsa official servers and the activities on the lobby: we announce that the Lobby has reached the number of 300 servers in just 3 hours! Thank you very much for your incredible support. We are glad to announce that meanwhile, we'll add more than 40 official public servers for free!

Thank you very much, enjoy the weekend!

:thumbsup:

Anyone else not having the lobby coming up at all? I've checked everything I can think of, firewall is letting AC through, everything is in order, not even full PC restarts are fixing it now. No servers are showing up in the lobby. Any ideas...? :(

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 62 29.7%
  • More leagues

Votes: 40 19.1%
  • Prizes

Votes: 43 20.6%
  • Trophies

Votes: 24 11.5%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 13 6.2%