Assetto Corsa: 2014 F1 and GP2 mod previews

Bram Hengeveld

Site Founder
OverTake
Premium
F1ASR F1 2014 04.jpg

Assetto Corsa already comes with a brilliant Formula 1 style car, as a step upgrade to the Lotus Exos T125 customer car, but that doesn't stop the hardcore racing fans from demanding a more up-to-date 2014 version of the pinnacle of openwheeler racing and F1ASR is delivering on that cry from the community.

F1SR modding team, that used to create state of the art mods for rFactor has transformed into F1ASR and with the help of new dedicated enthusiasts aiming to bring to sim racing the best free scratch build community content available.

Besides content for rFactor 2 the team is now also recreating the F1 2014 season complete with all in house 3D designed cars, audio, textures and physics. All content is solely created from the ground up by a team of around 30 artists and modders that have come forward from the sim racing community.

Besides the current F1 season the team has adopted another big challenge in bringing the popular GP2 series to Assetto Corsa as well with a lot of care for miniature details as the mod will come with 13 teams and 26 individual liveries as each driver in the team has a different sponsor package.

Alpha footage of the Ferrari F14T at Imola, work-in-progress

Alpha footage of the GP2 Dallara at Suzuka, work-in-progress

F1ASR F1 2014 01.jpg F1ASR F1 2014 02.jpg F1ASR F1 2014 03.jpg F1ASR F1 2014 05.jpg F1ASR F1 2014 06.jpg F1ASR F1 2014 07.jpg F1ASR GP2 2014 01.jpg F1ASR GP2 2014 02.jpg

Assetto Corsa now on sale at the RaceDepartment Store
Grab this PC racing simulator by the horns as we have discounted Assetto Corsa which saves you five Euros compared to the regular Steam price.

Assetto Corsa now sales for an amazing low price of only EUR 29,99 and you can purchase your copy directly from the RaceDepartment Store here.

Community, Mods and More!
For more information on Assetto Corsa make sure to check out the forums, share your favorite videos and photos in the media gallery, download the latest available mods from the resource manager and of course join us online for daily racing action in the racing club.

Ultra real quality!
I added the code for the laps , well guessed the code . not sure what it is , has I created all that with no support at all just messing around since yesterday on my own ,
but the speed ,. is SPEED , Code , fuel ,FUEL . code ect , RPM , and so on ,
so I thought that laps ,. would either be LAPS , or LAP , code , but the game want load , or would be able to add that too , but will find a way ,. carnt have everything accept laps , would ruin me :p

I know this is totally off topic, but I just can't stop wondering...

@chargingcar
Is English your native language?
And why do you say "m8" so much? Haha

Back on topic:
Why did you split from F1ASR?
Those mods looked very promising.
Are they still going to be developed?

@chargingcar

Back on topic:
Yes Sorry m8!! haha ,
F1ASR is the first team that I ever joined and they are really experienced guy,s
They have a great team with them still and they will go very far as they have done in the past with F1SR ,

I would rather not go into too much detail as Stuart who is a great manager told me off earlier for mentioning a F1ASR model ,
So we agreed to disagree ,
I will just explain a little further for you guy,s as there is a lot of interest in what we was doing ,

I have always wanted to further my experience and take it further as on RD I learned about 40% of what I could learn from ML1266 ,
Who still to this day is one of the masters , and knows more about things than probably anyone I know , so I am really appreciative for my time gaining experience in doing top quality mods for RD and myself ,

But have always wanted to learn how to do full game animation from scratch and how to fully import cars with a great understanding on the animation and skills involved ,
So I am very pleased that I know know more than anyone else on AC about doing an entire car from scratch in my head and in practicality in 3ds max ,
I have now got the GP2 2014 project and have started a new team called FCM ,
formulacorsamodding ,
which is located at , http://formulacorsa.net/index.php

I have agreed I will still give full support to F1ASR to fully import there models for the F1 2014 Season as not not let them or you guy,s down with the projects that have been promised so no delay will happen , just a difference in what will be released and by whom will release it ,

Hope that this slightly explains things better and I have not bored you too much ,
But have made great progress on the gp2 car today with my new team .
I just need to speak with Bram , about getting him personally to release the GP2 2014 season because its upto now with 26 HD 4096 liveries and associated textures is breaching 1.6GB ,
So if Bram can kindly release the mod himself on RD then that would be awesome , but at the minute , I do not know any software I can use to get that under 300mb :thumbsup:

Yes 100% British M8 , haha ;)

Last edited:

@chargingcar

Back on topic:
don't know why you are asking me how to do the LEDs then (just joking around)
Yes very hard work , I tried for days to make the leds work ,
with zero effect , after I know the settings was correct ,
and you know they was correct , just one of those things maybe ,
after fully animating every single thing on the car from scratch you would think that the leds would have been the most easiest thing to animate ,
So I deleted the mesh and all the dummy from the hierarchy tree , and fully animated everything with PNG animation , which about 5 times on AC forums I saw in threads that was not possible due to the draw time , , I would have rather not gone down that road as it was a dark road pitch black at night , and alone felt very unfriendly then I started to gain confidence until I heard the wildlife that scared me slightly , to start with I thought it was the owls that made me uneasy until I heard the wolfs howling I still believe to this day that was the scariest part of the ordeal , until I remembered a few tricks I learned along the road that got me where I am today , so without that vital experience that took away my inexperience I would not be the modder I am today ;)

Last edited:
Love that steering wheel. :inlove:
The steering wheel just has the diffuse texture on it ,
I planned on mid week to finish the leds then add the glass then redo the entire wheel and carbon , Its been one issue after another but I never give in ,
Just added the glass overlay mesh and the correct settings that kunos provided for the SDK , now the SDK crashes and the game will not load it crashes that too ,
because all the tools are brand new there is loads of small bugs that need fixing but because I have made animation and things faster , meaning that I have created the first fully animated car with full suspensions I have found 3 bugs this week I have reported back for repairs but the support is outstanding they are very fast at fixing the issues really fast ,
But will finish it today one way or another some how ,
then add all the correct shading , negative mask , and correct carbon , so will look a different wheel , just turbosmoothed it has well , while I figure out the new issues :)
http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/sdk-error-game-crash-window-glass-issue.11975/

Last edited:
How 'do you get the physics right'? What kind of programming is involved there? What and how many physics & math equations does one have to do for one car?
We have some of the car setup , but all the suspension needs measuring in 3ds max then adding to the files before then getting it setup right at the minute needs quite a bit of work getting the setup correct as at silverstone its ten seconds slower than the gp2 pole lap we thought it would be about as fast as the standard t125 , but its about as fast as the t125 s1 looking at the figures around silverstone :)

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 148 65.5%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 102 45.1%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 107 47.3%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 40 17.7%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 64 28.3%
Back