Are there places along tracks that might "grab" the steering, even at very slow speeds?

Argh some questions can be very difficult to word the search for......
Using a PDP XBox gamepad, when out of pitlane onto track, there are points that literally grab the steering, throwing car into walls, etc. Because the places where it occurs are consistent, I'm inclined to wonder about hidden force fields :) I've calibrated controller, tried various "assist" settings. Tried on several tracks and cars, same agitating problem,
Many thanks in advance for any ideas!

Could it be you run a turbo car?
And if you add some more info on what tracks and what cars.. that would help alot to answer your question..because some cars can be tricky on the gas pedal (the moment you hit the gas pedal)

Edit: question why drive with a controller? Only rc cars use some kind of controller every human driven car use a wheel.

Last edited:
Argh some questions can be very difficult to word the search for......
Using a PDP XBox gamepad, when out of pitlane onto track, there are points that literally grab the steering, throwing car into walls, etc. Because the places where it occurs are consistent, I'm inclined to wonder about hidden force fields :) I've calibrated controller, tried various "assist" settings. Tried on several tracks and cars, same agitating problem,
Many thanks in advance for any ideas!
WITHOUT knowing which cars & tracks, we can't be fully certain. But no, there are not any hidden force fields or invisible walls at any properly constructed track. Some things that 'could' be contributing to this behavior is having steering help enabled. Or needing to tweek the controller settings some more. 'Normally', wheel users would have the steering sensitivity around 100% but I am not familiar with X-box settings. You may have the pad set too twitchy, you could try lowering the sensitivity below 100% to begin slowing down the initial reaction to your inputs. What may be 'grabbing' your car are the natural imperfections of the road surface, bumps, grooves, merging lanes of asphalt(tarmac). You may want to increase the smoothing in the FFB settings. Best of luck!

Try to use -100% on ffb it sounds more like the issue i had with my wheel and and some mods that install real feel plugin. When i had my setting 100+ it gives me the feeling of some kind of magical steering help like of the wheel was pushed to one side like somebody grabs my wheel ...

Now that i think about it

Last edited:
But racing a car with a controller is on my side a big no no , same as racing with keyboard so i dont know for sure at least you can try it your master ffb settings in the minus range

That was a education, never used a gamepad in rF2
First time in history I had rF2 CTD during trackload, not a good start lol
Had to pull my wheel pedals and shifter from USB.

So have this gamepad and worked as expected.
Selected xbox profile set buttons and left all the gameplay settings rF2 set.
Run one wheel along grass around a lap at Brianza was normal.

Keyboard or xbox/ps controller why would you want to play like that while clearly a racing sim with out a wheel and pedals.. whats the point in all of that? Its like a very clumpy way of converting rf2 in to a RC game..

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back