Are pneumatic pedals as reliable as those based on elastomers? (NT)

Maybe. Same happens with SimHub and arduinos. David (the maker of the pedals) says that it could be that the NJMotion platform software has all COM ports open.
Well, one thing to potentially try would be running Process Monitor (tool from SysInternals) on one or both of the apps and see which COM ports they open. It's a bit of a faff to use for the first time but very powerful.
But if you can work around it (by choosing to calibrate/adjust the pedals only before firing up the seat mover) then you may not worry too much anyway.

Today I didn't run the program and I've been playing for hours with no issues at all. It can be a problem for those that need the program running all the time, but not for me, because I don't use any of the extra features (ABS) and I like adjusting the settings once and for all and getting used to them for all cars.

I am in the same boat, want to upgrade from my sprints, initially was going to go with the Ultimate + but then saw the simtrecs and they look amazing but I need a throttle bracket otherwise my foot is never in the right spot and the simtrecs don't have a way to add one. Then I saw and read and watched reviews of the SRP and was blown away by them but as others have mentioned he is a one man band so there is a little bit of uncertainty there as to continuity if there are issues down the track. I really don't know what to do.

Today I didn't run the program and I've been playing for hours with no issues at all. It can be a problem for those that need the program running all the time, but not for me, because I don't use any of the extra features (ABS) and I like adjusting the settings once and for all and getting used to them for all cars.
So how are the pedals?

So how are the pedals?
I already posted my impressions.

"Ergonomically they feel great, good size, default inclination is right for my sitting position, excellent pedal faces, good distance between them and everything feels sturdy with no play. The pedals come in their lightest settings, which I find adequate. Even with these settings the brake is too hard for me and I had to adjust the max force in the software. The throttle is smooth, with not very long travel and has some dampening at the end. The brake feels quite natural and controlling the preasure is easy because the default travel is fine and helps too. The difference with elastomers is not night and day, but it's there."

I'm not an expert, I have not tested many other high end pedals, I do not compete and I don't give as much importance to pedals as I do to steering wheel rims, for instance. However, I must say the upgrade from my Sprints was worth in my opinion. The best is the looks and the finish of these pedals. Looking at them installed on my cockpit is a pleasure. As I said, the feel of the SRP is very good and the more I use them, the more I feel confident with them and braking with precision is easier than before. They are expensive but I'm happy with my purchase.

Last edited:
I already posted my impressions.

"Ergonomically they feel great, good size, default inclination is right for my sitting position, excellent pedal faces, good distance between them and everything feels sturdy with no play. The pedals come in their lightest settings, which I find adequate. Even with these settings the brake is too hard for me and I had to adjust the max force in the software. The throttle is smooth, with not very long travel and has some dampening at the end. The brake feels quite natural and controlling the preasure is easy because the default travel is fine and helps too. The difference with elastomers is not night and day, but it's there."

I'm not an expert, I have not tested many other high end pedals, I do not compete and I don't give as much importance to pedals as I do to steering wheel rims, for instance. However, I must say the upgrade from my Sprints was worth in my opinion. The best is the looks and the finish of these pedals. Looking at them installed on my cockpit is a pleasure. As I said, the feel of the SRP is very good and the more I use them, the more I feel confident with them and braking with precision is easier than before. They are expensive but I'm happy with my purchase.
Thanks, that all sounds very positive, I am close to pulling the trigger. We're they in stock when you ordered? They are at pre-order now until mid December. I'm not sure if you mentioned above in other posts but how did you come to the final decision of these being the ones for you? Cheers

Go ahead. I'm sure you wont be disappointed. I ordered them with the discount promo, but I had already exchanged several e-mails with David before that, so he was so kind to reserve my pedals and send them to me before December. The only doubt I had was the reliability of the pneumatic system but David is very kind and proffesional and I'm sure if I had any issue in the future I will have the support I needed. I also trusted the opinion of a guy from a Spanish forum I usually visit. He is really delighted with these pedals. Saxogaming, a Spanish simracing fan and youtuber also reviewed them and said he was very impressed. He has been using them for more than a year almost daily without any problems. His reviews and opinions always sounded honest to me.

Go ahead. I'm sure you wont be disappointed. I ordered them with the discount promo, but I had already exchanged several e-mails with David before that, so he was so kind to reserve my pedals and send them to me before December. The only doubt I had was the reliability of the pneumatic system but David is very kind and proffesional and I'm sure if I had any issue in the future I will have the support I needed. I also trusted the opinion of a guy from a Spanish forum I usually visit. He is really delighted with these pedals. Saxogaming, a Spanish simracing fan and youtuber also reviewed them and said he was very impressed. He has been using them for more than a year almost daily without any problems. His reviews and opinions always sounded honest to me.
thanks for the response, I think you have just allayed any doubt I had. I have sent David a couple of emails and he had been very responsive. I might checkout the saxogsming review. Cheers

Just ordered the black 2 pedal GT set with red pedal pads. Now the wait begins, lol.

They are on the way! I got the inverted kit.
#11887-2.jpg
#11887-3.jpg

I wonder why they attach an extra pedal face to the base.
Yeah I was wondering the same. My guess is maybe in case you buy a clutch down the track or if you want a narrower brake pedal?

I have been looking to get a sequential shifter next but think I will hang out to see what the SRP one will be like first.

I must say, David is amazing, really goes above and beyond. Nothing but respect for him. Really treats his customers like part of the family and not just $$. Unlike Fanatec.

Did you finally get your pedals. I'm enjoying mine a lot, although I must say I'm not very happy with the idea of them using a COM port and the way the software by SRP works, which simply made my NJMotion Compact R seat mover stop working. Fortunatelly, the guys from Simtools (the software the seat mover uses) were very kind to investigate this issue and help me with it. They say that Simtools do not open all ports, only the one the software uses and that it's SRP's fault for scanning all ports with no need. They told me to try and exchange ports: COM10 for the seat mover and COM5 for the pedals. After many tests, it looks like a solution. Now both works and I can have the SRP app open. Maybe the SRP software was scanning all ports from 10 down to 1, and now that the pedals are set to 5 and the seat mover to 10, it's out of the scan process. So, kudos to Simtools.

EDIT:
Today I have successfully implemented the brake pressure function in my button box. So as not have the VR monitor open all the time, which appears in Assetto Corsa, but also in Content Manager, etc. I have made my hotkeys for the 2-way lever on my button box displaying the VR monitor only when any adjustment (increase pressure or lower pressure) is made and keeping it on screen for just a few seconds and then closing it. So, it works like the force feedback bar in Assetto Corsa.

The code is:

Code:
;For less pressure:

a:: ; use your own key or button
ifwinnotexist, SRP Monitor Window
Run, C:\SRP\opt\SRP_Monitor.lnk ; shortcut configured to run as admin
Send +^s ; configurable hotkey in SRP app
sleep 200 ; delay between key repeat
restart1:
KeyWait, a, D T3 ; use your own key or button; T3 is the number of seconds before automatically closing
if errorlevel
{
Runwait, TASKKILL /F /IM SRP_Monitor.exe /T,, Hide ; the only effective way to close it
winactivate, ahk_exe acs.exe ; focus on Assetto Corsa
click
return
}
else ; pressing the key when the monitor is already on screen
{
Send +^s
goto restart1
return
}

;For less pressure:

z:: ; use your own key or button
ifwinnotexist, SRP Monitor Window
Run, C:\SRP\opt\SRP_Monitor.lnk ; shortcut configured to run as admin
Send +^x ; configurable hotkey in SRP app
restart2:
KeyWait, z, D T3 ; use your own key or button; T3 is the number of seconds before automatically closing
if errorlevel
{
Runwait, TASKKILL /F /IM SRP_Monitor.exe /T,, Hide ; the only effective way to close it
winactivate, ahk_exe acs.exe ; focus on Assetto Corsa
click
return
}
else ; pressing the key when the monitor is already on screen
{
Send +^x
goto restart2
return
}

Last edited:
Hey there, no haven't arrived yet. They got delayed in Singapore and now again in Sydney. They have only just started moving again, if lucky I might have them by the end of the week.
I don't know anything about com ports, what are they used for and what devices use them?
Have you mentioned anything to David about what the software is doing?

Yes. He says that his software scans COM ports from 1 upwards until it finds the pedals. So, if you have another device that uses a COM port you'd better set it to use a number higher than 5 or otherwise it will stop working if you use the pedals app. The SRP software is like a school bully.

He says that his software scans COM ports from 1 upwards until it finds the pedals.
That's pretty naff, but potentially a useful feature for the very first run. After that it should at least offer the user the option to stop scanning and just stick with the last port it used. (Edit: it would also be a trivially easy thing to retrofit to the code.)

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea