220uf50v x24 + 2200uf50v x2 + 3300uf63v x2
19A

220uf50v x24 + 2200uf50v x4
16,5A

Total
35,5A

Flyback diodes 30u60DN ~ 60A

Mosfets.

IRLB3034 x3pc. Total allowed power should comprise ~ 90 / 120A.

Upvote 0
And test results with MY 1025 motor
blind.gif

Cycle test.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=18xhuRHq46gW4J--yL3UAsAJd2QK6TINt

Wheel rotation rate - 220 rev/min. Wheel weight - 1,4 kg.

Step log 600ms

Checking the MOSFETS temperature during the test run
blind.gif
PWM frequency - 16 khz.

Upvote 0
LagunaSeca, thanks. Kind of expand your hobby or join'em together)
I should THANK YOU instead. You did something I have wanted to do for a very very long time. I have always thought about making a wheel base myself, but I just could not make my mind and take the plunge. So many things to consider. The FFB, the API for each game, (Since simracing is a small market, the documentation is pretty bad. You cannot learn it like you learn tensorflow. You have to play with it and figure things out.) and the circuit design. Afterwards there are EMI issue, the redundancy of the circuit to prevent it from surcharging, the mechanical robustness, the access of machine shop and 3D printers, etc, etc.(Hardware part is always my nightmare while I was still in college. I am more of a theoretical and algorithm person.) Every time I wanted to build something like this, I was stopped by these potential problems.

However, you just..... DID it, without thinking too much and did not give up. The fact this process makes you happy and enjoy it makes me very happy as well. Keep up the good work.:roflmao:

Upvote 0
Sorry for double posting.

I should THANK YOU instead. You did something I have wanted to do for a very very long time. I have always thought about making a wheel base myself, but I just could not make my mind and take the plunge. So many things to consider. The FFB, the API for each game, (Since simracing is a small market, the documentation is pretty bad. You cannot learn it like you learn tensorflow. You have to play with it and figure things out.) and the circuit design. Afterwards there are EMI issue, the redundancy of the circuit to prevent it from surcharging, the mechanical robustness, the access of machine shop and 3D printers, etc, etc.(Hardware part is always my nightmare while I was still in college. I am more of a theoretical and algorithm person.) Every time I wanted to build something like this, I was stopped by these potential problems. I am an over cautious person. For example, if I want to design the circuit, I will try to re-read my textbook, make some experiment on the breadboard, then start to do something real. However, I cannot do this for every aspect of projects like this, so I cannot even start. This is not the right way if you want to get the **** done. Perfectionism in engineering can be fatal.

However, you just..... DID it, without thinking too much and did not give up. The fact this process makes you happy and enjoy it makes me very happy as well. Keep up the good work.:roflmao:I hope one day you can make a Direct Drive wheel completely from scratch and matches the quality to the top tier product son the market.

Upvote 0
LagunaSeca Thanks really for that.

Was a challenge to make it even though). But just, may be as a golden rule, U need to take and make it, and that will go with prompts and decisionson on how to's) That should work for sure.

As for DD i guess all is well implemented by Emanuele Succurro

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Made some adjustments with min force for the wheel for the step test 2. To eliminate the zero responce zone.
For the game have got some other set ups on it.

And new link to encoder.

Upvote 0
Noname wheel from oklick. 240mm 0.4 kg weight. )

Step test.
300/600

Some current limiting tests with bulb 60/55w H4 12v.
And linearity test with it. May be someone can find it useful) The FFB is less with it, but no motor overheat etc.

Upvote 0
Checked the torque test and a wheel under 12V12.5A Power supply appeared to be of having - 3.67 Nm of force. I made units conversion of the obtained data measured not with 1 meter lever of force, but with 7.5cm force lever. That has 5 kg at that applied point of measurement, fastened just right on that gear sprocket)

Upvote 0
Checked the torque amount the wheel produce. I recalculated it before according to the lever it was measured, right on the sprocket, and that was 7 nm. Then checked with 1m lever and all the same results) A bit more then 0.7kg gives - 7Nm of force)

And changed the wires in relay. Now it is a high amp one)

Upvote 0

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea