Resource icon

Plugins [API][FOR MOD MAKERS] ScrewablePartAPI - Make your mod parts screwable 2.1.3

Login or Register an account to download this content
DonnerPlays submitted a new resource:

[API][FOR MOD MAKERS] ScrewablePartAPI - Make your mod parts screwable - make your parts screwable like the original parts

This is for mod makers, normal my summer car players can't do anything with this except for posting suggestions.

Hey, this is an api i made, it makes it possible for you to have screws that fix your mod parts in place.

View attachment 359827

This api is open-source (please see license on GitHub)
GitHub: Github repository...

Read more about this resource...

DonnerPlays updated [API][FOR MOD MAKERS] ScrewablePartAPI - Make your mod parts screwable with a new update entry:

Fixes and changes

github.com/DonnerPlays/ScrewablePartAPI

Changelog v1.1

• Moved loading the bolt model to use into seperate method.
  • Fixed screws default position not saving (stupid arrays...)
  • Fixed aiming at bolt detection, was not checking if the parent object was the same which caused the next DetectBolting to change the first
  • Made detection if easier to read
  • Added partFixed changes to false when a screw is unscrewed
  • Fixed collider enable/disable switch not working correctly...

Read the rest of this update entry...

DonnerPlays updated [API][FOR MOD MAKERS] ScrewablePartAPI - Make your mod parts screwable with a new update entry:

Ratchet now works and xml code documentation added

Changelog (v1.2):
  • Optimized DetectScrewing to first check if tool is in hand.
  • Fixed/Added xml code documentation (the xml file is only needed for developing. Not needed in release version).
  • Added more xml code documentation.
  • Added Spanner/Ratchet detection.
  • Ratchet now works like it should.
  • Code cleanup into methods for ScrewIn/ScrewOut
  • Fixed version number to be the latest v1.2

This API doesn't seem to interact correctly with "Show Bolt Sizes", I'm not sure if this is something you can address or if I should talk to the developer of that mod instead.

This API doesn't seem to interact correctly with "Show Bolt Sizes", I'm not sure if this is something you can address or if I should talk to the developer of that mod instead.
The problem is:
The show Bolt Size mod is quite simple. As the game uses PlayMakerFSM most gameObjects have an PlayMaker Component that has values stored like the size of the bolt.

The mod can find that value and knows the size to display.

Im not using PlayMakerFSM so that is not possible.
Nit sure if i could add my own Component so the mod can find the value. I will check that when i have time

Clamps for pipes/tubes and fixes

- fixed a problem with the setScrewsOnAssemble Method where the parentGameObject could be null as it might be called before the screws are generated.
- Added check to make sure screws are only added to parentGameObject if no Vectro3 array is not null (empty).
- Fixed a problem where if a save was found (was not null) It would not add parts that are not inside the saveFile. -
- Now it will load the default information.
- Added method for adding a clamp model usefull when you want to connect...

Redid logic and small fixes

• Replaced the DetectScrewing() method with a MonoBehaviour class that gets added as an component to each ScrewablePart getting created.
  • Fixed the problems with screws getting highlighted that should not be highlighted
  • Fixed the problems with screws staying highlighted
  • Marked DetectBolting as Obsolete
  • Fixed the partFixed attribute of the ScrewablePart not updating as of the Logic update
  • Fixed missing logic AddComponent in MakePartScrewable that does not get...

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 24 25.0%
  • More leagues

Votes: 22 22.9%
  • Prizes

Votes: 20 20.8%
  • Trophies

Votes: 10 10.4%
  • Forum trophies