Anyone using LG OLED Triples with 4090 ??

I had multiple different monitors all work perfectly with G-Sync (no module) and flipped vertically. That's unfortunate that the vertical flip option is disabling G-Sync or making the Hz (and/or framerate) erratically jump around for your teammates. If it's indeed an Nvidia issue, I wonder if many others experience it and, if so, if Nvidia is aware of it.
It's quite a mess honestly. The g-sync indicator overlay might show that it's active, but the Hz aren't fluctuating etc.
If you want to try something:
Download the nvidia gsync pendulum demo. If you can enable gsync in it, gsync is working 100%.
I have 2x Dell G2422HS, 165 Hz IPS, gsync compatible certified.
To get gsync enabled in the pendulum demo when using nvidia surround or when vertically flipped, some wild combination of enabling/disabling fullscreen optimizations for the pendulum exe (VRR64.exe), hitting alt+enter a few times is needed.
Sometimes gsync is active at the beginning and then can't be engaged anymore after hitting alt+enter 2x or it's the opposite order.

And this behaviour seems to change with each GPU and monitor combination.

Without the vertical flip, I can get gsync enabled no matter what, it's always possible if gsync is set to also activate for windowed applications.

I would never recommend no G-Sync / Freesync / VRR even if over 165 Hz. You can easily still experience tearing as well as tons of stutters / frame-skipping due to the framerate and refresh rate not matching. I've used 240 Hz monitors at over 240 fps and the stutters are easily still visible and jarring. Some game-engines are not as bad as others.
Mhhh.. different experience for me. I have 1x 100 Hz (120 Hz OC) Dell AW3418DW with gsync module + 2x 24" Dell with 165 Hz.
At 165 Hz, the difference between gsync or no sync is already very minimal. At a friend with 240 Hz and 360 Hz monitors, I can't see any tearing or stuttering at 240 Hz+. Even when trying to nitpick.

Maybe you didn't disable the fullscreen optimizations for the game exe? Then the Windows Desktop Window Manager (DWM) often applies some triple buffered vsync without limiting the fps.

To really test this, I did this:
gsync_vs_165HzNoSync.jpg

I use the two 24" monitors mostly for work or other stuff, but they had a great price in a sale, so why not get 165 Hz :p
I made the bottom monitor the main one, started ACC, disabled fullscreen.
What's funny: "borderless" only means that the border is outside of the visible area. When you have a monitor seamlessly on top of it, you'll see the window-title-bar.
So I simply grabbed the "borderless" ACC with gsync running fine and smoothly and dragged it partly onto the upper monitor that had gsync disabled in the monitor OSD. so the nvidia control panel wouldn't even list it as compatible.

I watched this for 10 minutes and I'm not sure if I would've guessed a blind test correctly.

I'm not saying that you don't see the no-sync even at 240 Hz.
I'm only saying that I'm the "nitpickiest" special snowflake of all people I know a bit better and I don't need any sync at 165+ Hz.

So at least it's not "easy" to see :roflmao:
Or maybe the DWM or other settings screwed things up for you, difficult to find out, since no consumer camera can record this stuff.

Last edited:
To get gsync enabled in the pendulum demo when using nvidia surround or when vertically flipped, some wild combination of enabling/disabling fullscreen optimizations for the pendulum exe (VRR64.exe), hitting alt+enter a few times is needed.
Sometimes gsync is active at the beginning and then can't be engaged anymore after hitting alt+enter 2x or it's the opposite order.
So you have that issue also when using Nvidia Surround and not vertically flipped? Because later you said "Without the vertical flip, I can get gsync enabled no matter what". So does the G-Sync work perfect during Surround if not vertically flipped? Or does it have problems in Surround even if not vertically flipped?

Maybe you didn't disable the fullscreen optimizations for the game exe? Then the Windows Desktop Window Manager (DWM) often applies some triple buffered vsync without limiting the fps.
I almost always disable fullscreen optimizations for almost all my games. Been doing it for many years. I had to do it to get Nvidia 3D Vision to work. You also have to do it to get certain anti-aliasing to work with some games (eg. AMS1). Most importantly though, "fullscreen optimizations" is bad because it's not optimizing anything but, rather, it's trying to make fullscreen-focused applications behave as if they're windowed, this means compromises are made and one of them can potentially be stutters as well as increased input lag (which you correctly mentioned). Microsoft should call it "fullscreen compromises" instead of "fullscreen optimizations" :D

I don't know if there's any truth to the following but I heard, beginning with Win 11, you should never disable fullscreen optimizations anymore. Apparently it works much differently in Win 11 than in Win 10. Apparently, disabling it in Win 11 can actually harm the game experience unlike in Win 10 where disabling it can improve the game experience. Again, I don't know if there's any truth to this.

Mhhh.. different experience for me. I have 1x 100 Hz (120 Hz OC) Dell AW3418DW with gsync module + 2x 24" Dell with 165 Hz.
At 165 Hz, the difference between gsync or no sync is already very minimal. At a friend with 240 Hz and 360 Hz monitors, I can't see any tearing or stuttering at 240 Hz+. Even when trying to nitpick.
It's been a while since I didn't use VRR so I'll do some tests tonight on my 240 Hz OLED and report back.

Last edited:
So does the G-Sync work perfect during Surround if not vertically flipped? Or does it have problems in Surround even if not vertically flipped?
That... Is a good question!
I tested it thoroughly for a friend who was about to buy new monitors and modify his rig.
Since my result was to recommend 165 Hz without any sync, I didn't note my testings down, sorry!
Iirc Surround without flipping was hit and miss with the pendulum demo but worked flawlessly in ACC.
And vertically flipping worked with a bit of a fluctuating Hz counter on a single monitor, but was impossible to get activated in the pendulum demo and hit & miss in ACC.
Microsoft should call it "fullscreen compromises" instead of "fullscreen optimizations" :D
Absolutely, lol :D
I don't know if there's any truth to the following but I heard, beginning with Win 11, you should never disable fullscreen optimizations anymore. Apparently it works much differently in Win 11 than in Win 10.
I sadly didn't have my 165 Hz monitors yet, when using Win 10.
So maybe it's different on Win 11, no idea..
It's been a while since I didn't use VRR so I'll do some tests tonight on my 240 Hz OLED and report back.
Looking forward to it!
My first step, when settings this up is to put the monitor to 50 Hz or 60 Hz. As low as possible.
And then disable all syncing etc, and set the fps limit to a value that gives massive tearing. Like 62 fps for 60 Hz.
If the tearing isn't happening, something is still wrong :D

Btw, a bit random:
I recorded a little video at 240 fps (they are a bit fake on my Samsung S20 FE), which plays back at 60 fps and shows tearing.
Whenever someone isn't sure about having tearing or not or recommends no sync and limiting fps to the Hz, I show them this:

But I also had an argument a few years ago with someone who disagreed with me about his recording being stuttering.
So I made a splitscreen with my recording on the right and his reply was "yeah it's not as silky smooth, but I wouldn't call it stuttering".
(no sound, and some slo-mo in the middle part):

Are you using LG UltraGear gaming monitors, or LG OLED TVs?

If it is the UltraGear, then they are DisplayPort enabled and makes total sense that they run at Triple 4K @ 120Hz on a graphics card that has 3 DisplayPorts.

But if they are LG TVs, how did you do it?
correct. 48".

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea