Anyone struggling with ACC in VR? This may help

I'm on 4090, 12900k with Varjo Aero. I have found the biggest FPS killers are mirrors and number of visible cars. (surprised he's running it on epic). Personally I run with no mirrors and viewable cars between 11 and 16. With crew cheif spotter and the radar I'm pretty aware whats going on around me.

With that I can run most settings on epic, other than the other know FPS killers in advanced settings, such as materials, which I run on High. Bloom, and fog off, and foliage lod quality to low. Finally car lod to 60%. With that I'm running, using Openxr. The Areo at 39DDP. Game is very clear. I only have FPS dops at the start of the race. On some tracks I do have view distance on High. The game does look inccredible now in VR. But my bank manager is not happy!

I'm on 4090, 12900k with Varjo Aero. I have found the biggest FPS killers are mirrors and number of visible cars. (surprised he's running it on epic). Personally I run with no mirrors and viewable cars between 11 and 16. With crew cheif spotter and the radar I'm pretty aware whats going on around me.

With that I can run most settings on epic, other than the other know FPS killers in advanced settings, such as materials, which I run on High. Bloom, and fog off, and foliage lod quality to low. Finally car lod to 60%. With that I'm running, using Openxr. The Areo at 39DDP. Game is very clear. I only have FPS dops at the start of the race. On some tracks I do have view distance on High. The game does look inccredible now in VR. But my bank manager is not happy!
I just started using OpenXR with ACC and the game doesnt output any ffb. Motion and transducers still work fine, but no ffb. When i switch back to SteamVR, ffb comes back. Any ideas?? Thanks

Hi, did you manage to fix the no ffb issue? I'm having the same problem
Ran into the same issue yesterday when I tried OpenXR.
Starting ACC with a powered off wheel base (DD1) and firing it up when ACC has booted did the trick for me. You might need to click the refresh button in the controls menu

Last edited:
I hardly played ACC because it was just a flickering, stuttering, blurry mess that made my head spin & eyes bleed. Until I found this video that is. Now it runs really well, with a steady frame rate & fairly decent graphics. Apologies if this has been posted before, but it could help some of you (I have a G2 - 3080)

thanks this really helped me get better picture in vr.

58003xd and 7900xtx with reverb g2, finally i have crystal clear picture and stable 60 fps. maybe i can lower quality to get 90 fps but i am fine with it.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.