Anyone here use sim racing systems?

apex11

@Simberia
Very heavy pro AC and the app which goes into AC game is stunning to an old gamer like me...its witch craft i tells ya!!

Had some good times on it already, not a patch on iRacing but great way to get online racing...

Yea kudos to the guys, to me they patched a big hole in AC multiplayer, before SRS you basically had the choice of joining a league or otherwise try casual racing in the "jungle" of public servers. With SRS you have a few short "leagues", the convenience of racing when you have time during the week or repeating a race and keeping the best result, you have high probability of full grid races, and you have a motivation to race given by the points. And it's for free. It has its own limitations but it was a genius idea, especially that of automating many things like booking, server creation, streaming, skin upload etc.

Yes i was late to the party but now i have bothered to download the apps and stuff its going to be used a lot, i am in a sim racing group and also do the races on RD which are great, but literally with SRS i can pretty much be in a race at any point during the day on the hour.

I went back to SRS a month or so ago. They've come a long way in the last year or two and I'm glad they stuck at it. I've had some great races over the last few weeks and there is a proper sense of fair competition, mostly. It would be better if there were more restricted races, like minimum ratings to join etc, but the field tends to sort itself out in qualifying, with most of the T1 crashes happening from about P6 backwards depending on the combo.
I have to admit, I've never done so much offline practice since racing on SRS.

You can tell there's been a huge amount of work done to make everything automated and I hope the creator/s thinks it has been worth it. Hats off to them. It certainly beats taking your chances on public servers.

I get the impression that this is what Kunos had in mind for modders to do way back in early development.
I sincerely hope something like this will be natively part of AC2. It really would be a game changer.

I did join about end of last year and have been driving in different races and different cars every other day. I like the system and yes there are crashes but I still consider it fun especially as I don't have the time to get really fast and there seem to be some like minded in SRS that I can have fun races since they are as fast or slow depending how you want to look at it.

Great fun - Give it a try if you haven't done recently.

We should do racedepartement race on SRS. This way we getting point(s) and results.

I raced on SRS for a time a while back. I'm glad to hear that the protest system they put in place is working and racing is getting better over there.

Yes ... I found that the recorded results and the points for place finishing very useful for measuring my growth as a driver. I really do miss that.

I raced on SRS for a time a while back. I'm glad to hear that the protest system they put in place is working and racing is getting better over there.

Yes ... I found that the recorded results and the points for place finishing very useful for measuring my growth as a driver. I really do miss that.

Yes its really nice!
These a lot competition and race every hour.

If you guys going in race let me know, I like to race whit people that dont crash into me ;)
And it give more challenge!

I haven't met any real competition in my few races yet, but the system appears to be running really well automated, so I hope more regular simracers will join. Yeah, it would be nice having matchmaking of some sort or just driver classes.
Pros about it: people tend to stick through the entire race, even longer ones like 30-60minutes, regardless if being dead last. The general tone in the chat and behavior on track seems great, though grid can still be 90% rookies. Guess people don't put in the effort to sign up SRS just to wreck havoc.
Cons: Well, as stated it would be nice with matchmaking or classes. Right now it's the most fun for the average driver and rookie trying to get better. Sure, there are good drivers on SRS, but it's difficult to know when drivers of your own level or better is attending during the week.
Rigth now, it seems SRS has multiple servers up at the same time for each race, but they all funnel drivers of any skill to them. If just one server could be for the higher skilled drivers, there would be something to drive for, a goal to keep attending SRS other than just climbing a leaderboard.

Btw, I can't find a 'back' function in the SRS menues, which is really annoying when checking rankings, races etc. A few menues have 2 or more pages to click through and to go back you have to press the main menu header and go back to page 1.

Not sure what races that you have been in Troels, but I have enjoyed the Seat series and now the Arbarth series. I am certainly a beginner as I am a few seconds behind the top times recorded on SRS. I have seen up to 4 servers being run on some days - with 24 cars per server.

But, I do wish that they could group all the top qualifiers into tiers. You get rating points for races joined and if you have raced in SRS a while you quickly accumulate rating points. While I have a high rating due to joining in many of the races, I am really not good enough to race in server 1 races. There are always drivers in the server 2, 3 etc who have much better quali times and should be sorted into the higher server tiers.

However, I enjoy the racing as it is free and "built into" AC. Unfortunately most of my incident points (as I mostly start near the back of the pack) are derived from mid pack T1 mayhem/lunacy. It is from this position that I normally gain several places if I am lucky enough to get through the carnage unscathed. :D

Not sure what races that you have been in Troels, but I have enjoyed the Seat series and now the Arbarth series. I am certainly a beginner as I am a few seconds behind the top times recorded on SRS. I have seen up to 4 servers being run on some days - with 24 cars per server.

But, I do wish that they could group all the top qualifiers into tiers. You get rating points for races joined and if you have raced in SRS a while you quickly accumulate rating points. While I have a high rating due to joining in many of the races, I am really not good enough to race in server 1 races. There are always drivers in the server 2, 3 etc who have much better quali times and should be sorted into the higher server tiers.

However, I enjoy the racing as it is free and "built into" AC. Unfortunately most of my incident points (as I mostly start near the back of the pack) are derived from mid pack T1 mayhem/lunacy. It is from this position that I normally gain several places if I am lucky enough to get through the carnage unscathed. :D

Yeah, no doubt that SRS is a good alternative to usual public servers, especially for beginners and intermediates. The rating is a fun feature, but it's not a rating useful to anything. If it was based on a similar system to ELO, while at the same time having at least 2 different classes of drivers, I would find it much more appealing to drive regularly on SRS. Truth is, at a certain level, if you qualify top5, top3 or even pole everytime you enter an online race, it doesn't matter if you drive on public or SRS server, the racing will be either all by yourself or with just a few, unless you choose to skip qualifying and start in the back, just for "fun". This happen mainly, of what I can see, because the minority of skilled drivers are spread out across the available races during the week.
If I knew that joining SRS ment that I should work to get to a higher class, then from there on expect to get competition on my level and beyond, I'd have much more fun racing with the limited amount of time I have these days.
RD raceclubs has plenty of competition, but no ratings/rankings, leaderboards or any kind of competition around that, which is also perfectly fine. The thing is SRS has constant races to offer and is automated, while being able to see saved raceinfo, driver profiles etc., something that adds to the multiplayer experience.

To be fair, I just wanted to rewrite my thoughts on SRS after some more time with it:
Rating works pretty good to get the competition going, once you've grinded a few hundred points. So, I'm not actually sure it needs anything else, though I'd still prefer a system that is based more on results than quantity. I can look up drivers that have zero wins, a few top 3 and lots of top10, yet they're on top of the leaderboards. But, I've already met quite a few of the really capable drivers, even had some top3 battle back and forth, which is rare on public servers.

Definitely a thumbs up from me, I encourage people to use SRS a few times a week :)

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.