Any way to tame agressiveness of AI ?

I was having some great races last night using the touring cars, but they would literally just ram me from behind or hipcheck me into the weeds. Is there a way to calm them down a bit?

I've got a set of V2's!!! I'm obviously rubbish

I gave you some serious suggestions. I used to be a purist and insist on linear pedal settings to go along with my linear steering. I later realized that, unlike steering, the brake pedal in real life isn't linear. The worse quality your hardware (and mine was way worse than V2's), the more you need to tweak the settings.

And for the record, there are plenty of people with Logi DF GT's that can run circles around me on the track. Good equipment doesn't make you a good racer...but it does make it easier to keep up with the fast drivers (AI or human).

I gave you some serious suggestions. I used to be a purist and insist on linear pedal settings to go along with my linear steering. I later realized that, unlike steering, the brake pedal in real life isn't linear. The worse quality your hardware (and mine was way worse than V2's), the more you need to tweak the settings.

And for the record, there are plenty of people with Logi DF GT's that can run circles around me on the track. Good equipment doesn't make you a good racer...but it does make it easier to keep up with the fast drivers (AI or human).
Oh yeah, I'm not disputing that a load cell is night and day better. The amount of time I found switching from logitech to fanatec was unreal, in particular the wheel, it just throws up so much more detail to read and take note of. I can only imagine what a direct drive must feel like! Oh well.

I used to be a purist and insist on linear pedal settings to go along with my linear steering. I later realized that, unlike steering, the brake pedal in real life isn't linear.

Exactly this!

My aha moment was the first time I tried R3E about 5 years ago and noticed how much better I could control braking than in rF1. Wondering how that could be, I looked carefully at the R3E pedal settings and noticed the linearity had been tweaked. Copied that into rF1 and the brakes became much better. Have since made adjusting pedal linearity part of my regular routine for new games.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.