F1 2010 Any RD leagues that allow dynamic racing line?

F1 2010 The Game (Codemasters)
hi there,

was wondering if any of the race dep leagues al;low this? I normally race with all assists off, except this one as I am still learning mnual and no traction etc and the line helps, without it i just can race at all, as i cant get proper braking points while messeing with gears.

does anyone know of any place that offer this, if its not on race dep, that offer genuine clean racing? So many racers claim to be clean but still barge u and hit u from behind and then make excuses, which i really dislike....race dep seeems to be the only place that offers genuiine clean racing...

Im sorry to say i must agree. Just practice for a while without the line, if your running wide due to outbraking then just pick an earlier braking point the next lap around. As for the 'racing line' (literally)... as a gereral rule enter the corners from a wide angle hit the apex half way around and then run out wide on exit.. simplez :)

HOw do you guys pick your breaking points, I struggle as there seems to be a lack of "markers" at a lot of places and the margins are so small that I basically find it impossible to drive, unless I creep arounnd each corner...

I must admit, im a total beginner with racing games, this is the first one I've owned, and I'm really struggling with the whole racing line, breaking point thing.

Obviously the goal is to learn to race without, but it would still be nice to race competively in some longer clean races, so if anyone does know of any races like this, that would be great. I personally think it's not a bad thing if you're playing for fun, as it helps even out the field, and makes for a better race. If the race is for ranking or "serious", then I think everyone should be on a level playing field.

just pick a spot on the sides of the corners, some landmarks, so you know your braking points.. it might be hard when ur new at it, but once you get the hang of things, im sure you will be doing just fine.. just practice the track.. basically memorize it.. so u know every single bit abt the track...

Markers next to the track, start of kerbs, tree shadows, bridges, tyre walls, kinks in White edge line advert boards, anything you can spot every time round. I use the edge of my screen as a place to reference to- as soon as an object hits that lift off and brake etc.

to be realistic here, if you don't take the time to learn, joining a league will likely just be a waste of your time. You won't be able to keep up with the rest of the players, and you're just going to find that you're hot lapping yourself the entire time.

I highly recommend taking the time to practice.

There is usualy at least 3 markers on one side of the track for most corners. Use these.
At Shanghi there is one corner at the end of a long strait where my breaking point was when I could read the 100 board, not when I got there, and theis was my point. If I was at all late here I went strait on... very tricky to judge...
George

There is usualy at least 3 markers on one side of the track for most corners. Use these.
At Shanghi there is one corner at the end of a long strait where my breaking point was when I could read the 100 board, not when I got there, and theis was my point. If I was at all late here I went strait on... very tricky to judge...
George

George - Thats funny you saying that, the end of the long straight at Shanghai is one of the few places it took me forever and a day to sort out my braking point. Now i just use a gap in the fence on the left and brake roughly 5-10 metres past it. Carrying some serious speed down into that hairpin!!

George - Thats funny you saying that, the end of the long straight at Shanghai is one of the few places it took me forever and a day to sort out my braking point. Now i just use a gap in the fence on the left and brake roughly 5-10 metres past it. Carrying some serious speed down into that hairpin!!

I count the boards, which helped me to never miss the braking point/ 1st is 400, 2nd 300, 3rd 200 and 4th 150. With tyre wear on, in quali I try to brake between 200 and 150. In race full load already at 200.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 62 29.1%
  • More leagues

Votes: 41 19.2%
  • Prizes

Votes: 44 20.7%
  • Trophies

Votes: 26 12.2%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 14 6.6%