Any Aero Dynamic Experts in here?

I've been learning a little how aero works in Assetto Corsa, Looking at the huge wings, CLift and CDrag Data. But it all seems generic to me. I've tried to model car's correct size wings at the front and back for open wheelers, added more wings then standard front,back,body, but the CL and CD data seems like it's all a guessing game. You then have the body of the car, and who knows how much lift and drag that is causing. Does anyone have any method's to get car's aero physics as accurate as possible? If you have front wing at 2 degree's that is 1 meter wide and 20cm thick, how do you calculate the CDrag and Clift for that? Another question CD and CL values is that for 100km default? because speed CD and CL values are going to change at speed

Another question CD and CL values is that for 100km default? because speed CD and CL values are going to change at speed
Not really, at least not by significant margin.
1593322618495.png

That's for drag (on a pretty normal wing) but lift is similarly flat. And most of the non-linearity depends on paint type and dirt on the wing itself. It is possible to do that in AC by using special controllers but except for stall conditions im not sure if there is even one wing in vanilla AC that simulates changing CD and CL with speed. This effect would be just way smaller than the error margin of the data used to calculate the coefficients.

Getting CD/CL is a guessing game if you don't have good data, and without good data and very good understanding on how aerodynamics work you may as well use random.org.

So as McLarenF1papa writes, start by understanding how aero works. There is a ton of free info on aircraft aero out there and it's 90% applicable to cars, so i'd start with that. And when you know enough the implementation to the game will be the easy part.

ps: The only way around reading too much would be if you'd have some very good telemetry from the car, then we can talk math only.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • More leagues

• Prizes

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Trophies

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Forum trophies