Any 24 Hour Nords Ferrari 488 GTR3 set ups available?

Steve Bird

Come On Williams!
My son and I are looking at competing in the upcoming iRacing 24 hour Nurbs race and was wondering if anybody had any decent set ups they could share to get us on the road quickly?

Many thanks for your help in advance.

Hey Steve I dont know if you will get some useable setups here - but as I remember it then downloading useable setups is pretty organised inside iRacings forum.
An other tactic could be if you made some MP practice laps on this track and then asked people if they would share a setup.
Because then you often get a really competive one ;)

VRS always has great tunes...you pay $5.99 for one months worth of service and just download a ton of there tunes for other cars too.
People bitch about paying for things, but I feel VRS is worth every penny.
Telemetry data, onboard videos, track guides, compare your laps to the prod and tunes.

VRS always has great tunes...you pay $5.99 for one months worth of service and just download a ton of there tunes for other cars too.
People bitch about paying for things, but I feel VRS is worth every penny.
Telemetry data, onboard videos, track guides, compare your laps to the prod and tunes.

I'm just trying out VRS so may just give a month's subscription a whirl. Thanks.

there's also a free shareware app which is presented here http://iracerstuff.com/2014/08/14/iracing-setup-sync/, no idea if it's safe but it looks innocent enough.
I think that's installed with iracing as standard as is their app. However, their is a problem as it can never sync with the server and doesn't work. It's apparently been like that for a while now. thanks for the help though and good suggestion.

Managed to get a basic set up done and doing 8:25's on the 24 hr circuit with at least 5 seconds i reckon I can shave off. Some people last time were doing 8:07's in race but that is nigh on impossible for me.

Managed to get a basic set up done and doing 8:25's on the 24 hr circuit with at least 5 seconds i reckon I can shave off. Some people last time were doing 8:07's in race but that is nigh on impossible for me.
Just as in RL there will allways be some who are faster.:thumbsup:
Hehe I learned it the hard way when I joined a US based NR2003/GTP league several years ago.
I had been offline single player for a lot of years in this sim (iRacing forerunner) and considered myself some kind of "alien" (or maybe semi-alien :roflmao: )
But man how I got a reality check racing with these veterans.
But I managed after a while - eventhough my sim self-confidence got partly invalidated by the shock :roflmao:
And after some time I could keep up with most of them - hehe and even outrace some of them.
But there were allways some stubborn "aliens" I was unable to really catch up with:)

Hahaha, so true. My son is now lapping 8:25's and things he can shave a good 10 secs off it but it still puts us 15 seconds a lap behind. Put that into laps completed (Around 190) and that puts us 47 minutes behind at the end (approx 5-7 laps behind). However, we just want to keep it clean and steady and get to the end without being disqualified/crashing out.

I dont know what laptimes on this LeMans layout is fast or slow in iRacing - but you and your son will probably find that there are a lot of drivers on your level of skills and laptimes.
Hehe and there are probably also some both slower and more dangerous than your little family team:thumbsup:

iRacing 24 hour Nurbs race
Now Im not only old - Im also becomming blind:sleep:
I just saw the 24H and then my brain began: Yesss he and his son are going to participate in a 24H virtuel LeMans race.
Because this 24H thing is only happening on LeMans.
Bummer:confused:

CatsAreTheWorstDogs: My friendly advices - and my storyes from ancient times - is still as useable as they were(or were not) before.:roflmao:

Thanks.:)
At least Im glad Eckhard didnt mugged me completely off.:roflmao:

But everybody should at least once in his lifetime visit the RL LeMans 24H.
I have been driving all the way "down" to LeMans from Denmark 5(?) times I think.
The first time was all the way back in (about?) 1970.:O_o:

CatsAreTheWorstDogs: The last two times I succeded sneaking into the (official) closed area at les Hunaudieres - the point just before the 1st Mulsanne chicane where the speed is highest.

Attachments

• des hunaudieres.jpg
    des hunaudieres.jpg
    106 KB · Views: 149
Nonono.
This pic is just a dwnl from the net.
But the "Auberge" is the one I sneaked myself into through some police lines :roflmao:
(not so difficult as it sounds - because they were very relaxed).
But by coincident I met some wealthy englishmen when I bought the ticket at one of the official entrances - and they had rented the whole "Auberge" for the race weekend.
Hehe and I think they offered me the invitation because they considered me as a bit goofy when we met.:sneaky:
But I had a really "cosy" time with them eating sandwiches and drinking some wine.
And discussing the danish Mr. LeMans Tom Kristensen with his 9 wins in the "important" series.:rolleyes:
But the main thing was the massive noise from the cars running about 330-350km/h 2-3m from the fence.
Ohh man:thumbsup:

CatsAreTheWorstDogs: Why this area is "closed" is because (as I have been told) the organisers pay people in the nearby houses to move out from their houses the whole weekend - because if something happens at this place on the track then the cars can easily fly 100m (or more).

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back