AndroidAuto Youtube FIX (CSP 0.2.1preview2) **Read Instructions **

Apps AndroidAuto Youtube FIX (CSP 0.2.1preview2) **Read Instructions ** 2023-11-29

Login or Register an account to download this content
Mashmideus submitted a new resource:

AndroidAuto Youtube FIX (CSP 0.2.1preview2) **Read Instructions ** - fix for youtube app in android auto for assetto corsa

**Read Instructions **

1. download latest "yt-dlp.exe" .

2. put it in the same folder as LUA script (..\assettocorsa\extension\lua\cars\android_auto\apps\youtube.zip\youtube) .

3. in "youtube.lua" Replace the path with your correct path of the yt-dlp.exe .
Code:
local remoteExe = 'D:\\SteamLibrary\\steamapps\\common\\assettocorsa\\extension\\lua\\cars\\android_auto\\apps\\youtube\\yt-dlp.exe'

Read more about this resource...

In your code preview you have the line around 19th row but in my youtube app from the light patch it's actually the first line. And since it doesn't seem to work here I wonder what your original youtube.lua looks like of if you can just share the complete 'youtube' folder.

Attachments

• lua.png
    lua.png
    21.8 KB · Views: 77
In your code preview you have the line around 19th row but in my youtube app from the light patch it's actually the first line. And since it doesn't seem to work here I wonder what your original youtube.lua looks like of if you can just share the complete 'youtube' folder.
this is the download for the "youtube" folder, to be honest, i have 0 experience with LUA i just did million tests with chatgpt and basic logic

this is the download for the "youtube" folder, to be honest, i have 0 experience with LUA i just did million tests with chatgpt and basic logic
Geez feel stupid. I nicely did all the readme steps but I didn't actually change the content of the folder with the content of your zip. Since that's not a step in the read me :X

Maybe you can put that as extra step in the readme.txt :D for people like me who really literally follow the readme :D

And step 2 should not have the youtube.zip in the file location but that I figured out :D Thanks again!

Geez feel stupid. I nicely did all the readme steps but I didn't actually change the content of the folder with the content of your zip. Since that's not a step in the read me :X

Maybe you can put that as extra step in the readme.txt :D for people like me who really literally follow the readme :D

And step 2 should not have the youtube.zip in the file location but that I figured out :D Thanks again!
i just updated the instructions on the mod page, thank you!

So I am on Step 3, yt-dlp.exe is in there with the other files. I'm very new to this, how do I replace the "path". I'm completely stumped on what to do next. I go in the game and youtube still doesn't work.

So I am on Step 3, yt-dlp.exe is in there with the other files. I'm very new to this, how do I replace the "path". I'm completely stumped on what to do next. I go in the game and youtube still doesn't work.
It isnt working for me, but hopefully it works for you.
The path of a file is the line at the top of your file manager that basically says where the file is. You can copy and paste it from that bar, but I suggest you click on yt-dlp.exe, go to Home at the top and press copy path (its on the left side ish)
1708021895127.png

Then, open the youtube.lua file. If asked, say open in notepad. Go to line 33 (yours might not look exactly like mine but it'll be pretty similar) and find this thing:
1708022218651.png

You might want to go fullscreen so you can see the whole line, but you want to get rid of the thing in the ' ' and replace it with the path you just copied. It may look exactly the same, but mine, for example, isn't.
1708022309926.png

Make sure you sort out the quotation marks on either end, and unless I'm missing something, that should be all. MAKE SURE YOU SAVE WITH CRTL+S !!

Edit: If it doesn't work,
I changed my path so that all of the backslashes \ are double backslashes \\ and its looking better now. The command prompt opens and tabs me out, but ill take it for now !!
1708022991862.png

Attachments

• 1708022183925.png
    1708022183925.png
    8.4 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 19 26.0%
  • More leagues

Votes: 17 23.3%