AMS2 AMS2 Tuesday Night, which class would you like to use for a mini series?

Automobilista 2 Racing Club event

Which class of cars would you like to race in a mini season. Pick your top 3.

• Total voters

Redvaliant

AMS2 Club Staff
Staff
Premium
The Tuesday AMS2 Club is one that is focused on the older, funkier content in AMS2. We have raced modern cars and will continue to do so, but H gates and no electronic aids are their own reward. We are planning a mini season, run over alternate Tuesdays, to better get to grips with the fantastic classic content in AMS2, and to allow all our premium members to build some rapport with these great cars. Above are some of the cars we have run this year in the club, not all, but the best of them. You have 3 choices, and feel free to post in the comments any suggestions or cars we may have omitted.

Last edited:
I won't comment on my choices - they are there to see- but will, after we have some sort of result. I'm liking what I see so far, any of these would make a good series.

some advertising... ;)
ss215712.jpg

Will leave this open for another week or so. Looking to use the top suggestion for a short series. But it's a great chance to see what's popular.

Always! LOL, I am using this more as a guage of interest than an outright contest. Saying that, it looks like the Stock cars are going to be first up. I am quite pleased to see the 80s car getting some love as we have never raced them, as I thought they'd be too polarising for most people. But I intend to use the top 3 over the rest of the year. It's always a balancing act to keep Tuesdays interesting and focused on the type of vehicles we regulars tend to like, without it turning into a GT3/2022 F1 series.

As a racing snail, I tend to choose cars that are easy to handle so as not to spend all my time on the grass. Yes yes I know practice practice but I have the time to practice but not always the will. I'll be up for some Tuesday action of some sort though.

That's cool. We did the 60s Mini last night. Next week will be something faster. We tend to do open wheeler, tin top, fast, slow for a bit of variety. Being mostly older cars they arn't always fine handling, but are really enjoyable when you get the feel for them.

Always! LOL, I am using this more as a guage of interest than an outright contest. Saying that, it looks like the Stock cars are going to be first up. I am quite pleased to see the 80s car getting some love as we have never raced them, as I thought they'd be too polarising for most people. But I intend to use the top 3 over the rest of the year. It's always a balancing act to keep Tuesdays interesting and focused on the type of vehicles we regulars tend to like, without it turning into a GT3/2022 F1 series.
On that note, are you considering the "new" Old Stock car? They look like the 1979 Stock car but have a lot more power, are a lot more lively to drive, making them much more of a car that you turn with the throttle instead of the steering. I hope you mean this one, as it's the one I thought about when voting :D

Yeah, I am aware that the New Old Stock Car is a modern ,historic racing version of the 79 car with a 5 speed and way more power. I intend for us to use the lot of them - 1979 to 1999. But if the 79 car is proving too slow then it'll be one of the others in it's place. Unsettled as to how to use the 4 of them at this time. Same goes, btw, for the 80s cars as there is 1983, 86, 88 and each has 3 cars. we'll see.

My vote was also really for the 90s one as I feel like it would be less likely to put people off who are sitting on the fence. It's still got that old school vibe, but actually handles pretty well and is a real blast to drive (well, at least IMHO....)

I should point out that as of now, in the 5 months of hosting the official Tuesday races, we haven't repeated a single car or track, which is quite remarkable really. Such is the content in AMS2. We will race all the favourites at some time, if not in a mini series. We did the 1997 F1s a few weeks back and I feel they are on the edge of the Speed/difficulty window as regards an Historic focused series. The other, earlier paddle shifty 90s F1 will get a look in too. The BMW2002 is not getting the love it deserves, but it too will get another run when we get to repeating cars. The Grp As and Cs and GT1, the same. So not to fear, everyone will get a turn in their favourites.

Keep up the variety and for me exclude nothing. I love all the stock cars regardless.
Don't get me wrong, I like all of 'em.... it's just that after driving all of 'em I felt like the 90's one would be a bit more popular with the masses. The variety in this game is what keeps me coming back to it though, especially with the more esoteric tracks to those outside south america

As a racing snail, I tend to choose cars that are easy to handle so as not to spend all my time on the grass. Yes yes I know practice practice but I have the time to practice but not always the will. I'll be up for some Tuesday action of some sort though.
I'll keep you company at the back JIm.:)

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 25 23.1%
  • More leagues

Votes: 23 21.3%
  • Prizes

Votes: 20 18.5%
  • Trophies

Votes: 10 9.3%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 6 5.6%