AMS2 no longer seems to recognise Fanatec DD wheel in game

All, went to play AMS2 again today, but for some reason the DD wheel is not recognised when playing. I have it recognised in the controls setup, and can calibrate it, but neither the wheel of any of the buttons are recognised when driving. The Fanatec V3 pedals are, as is the button box that is connected to JoyToKey for VR centering etc.

The wheel is correctly reported in Windows USB Game Controllers and the Fanatec Control Panel

For info, the only thing that changed since last time I played was the latest update with the V1.5.5.0 patch

Cheers

Les

Main game or Beta?
Have you set up your wheel as a Fanatec wheel, or as Custom?

I had a similar problem in the Beta, but only when my wheel was set as 'Custom' or 'Generic Direct Drive'. Set as 'Fanatec DD1' it worked fine.
I solved it by copying the 'default.controllersettings.v1.03.sav' file from the main game's 'profiles' folder. If you don't have the beta it's worth a try to rename your 'default.controllersettings.v1.03.sav' file and let the game create a new one.

It looks like something in JoytoKey was messing with it. I restarted the PC, and made sure JoytoKey was not opening, and tried it, and this time the wheel could be used. Interestingly I have to redo all of the wheel button assignments in the control configuration, so something must have overwritten the original.

Once I had it working I tested it with JoytoKey and now all is back to normal. I'm going to have to look into why that happened

Thanks for the help

Les

Last edited:
This mostly happens in Dirt Rally 2.0, but every now and then I’ll press a button on the wheel and the CSL DD will change to PS4 mode. I usually just short press the power button to get back to PC mode.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 11 23.4%
  • More leagues

Votes: 7 14.9%
  • Prizes

Votes: 8 17.0%
  • Trophies

Votes: 5 10.6%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 3 6.4%