[AMS2] F1 1978 Season

Skins [AMS2] F1 1978 Season 1.34

Login or Register an account to download this content
AFry submitted a new resource:

[AMS2] F1 1978 Season - Formula Retro Gen 2

Here is the package for the F1 1978 season in AMS2 for Formula Retro Gen 2.

This package include AI driver names and country flag.

Some skins have been created by ianez : Lotus (Andretti, Peterson, Jarier, Rebaque), Arrows (Patrese & Stommelen).

The Copersucar (Fittipaldi) has been painted by JoL. Thank you so much.

The Alpine 1979 is a fictionnal skin to replace the Renault of Jean-Pierre Jabouille. I think it looks better with the Alpine, but if you want the real Renault. Just let me...

Read more about this resource...

Another vote for Renault :)

Btw I don't have "f_retro_g2" in my Automobilista 2 folder :unsure:

just "formula_retro_g2", guess that's it ?

Last edited:
I'd vote for the original Renault skin as well, if you're so inclined.

It's one of my top 5 skins ever in F1, but no matter what our tastes are, simply for historical accuracy and completeness, it seems far more immersive and desirable. Other notable omissions are Ligier, Williams and Shadows... not that the OP nor anyone has any obligation to create them.

There are technically 20 livery slots for the Gen 2. There were 20 teams on the grid in 1978. If we creatively put one in the fan car slot (!), we could cover everyone. We could also exclude March (which didn't actually take part in a race) and leave the fan car alone.

To all you guys looking for the Renault, Williams etc. They are already here on RD. Do a search.
20210502201443_4-jpg.471157

You just need to add them to the XML file over whatever car you don't want.

Last edited:
To all you guys looking for the Renault, Williams etc. They are already here on RD. Do a search.

Hey! I hope "do a search" isn't meant to be flippant, but in any case, just for a bit of house cleaning:

The skin pack you allude to does feature the 1978 Renault, but it's mislabelled as 1979.
For completeness' sake, unless @ianez wants to tackle it himself, I might right that wrong and design the 1979 livery.

As for Williams, I couldn't find any 1978 version (ianez did the 1979 one), are you certain one exists?

Yeah, they are the 79 skins, you can just mix and match which is what I do as I really like the De Angelis skin from 79 and use it with the 78 pack.

AFry updated [AMS2] F1 1978 Season with a new update entry:

New cars and updates + AI drivers performance adjustements

First of all, i must thank this great community for your positive feedbacks and reviews about this F1 1978. This was a big motivation for me to bring an update with the big demand : Renault instead of fictionnal Alpine.

This update would not have been possible without the work of JoL... He did Ligier, Williams, updated Ferrari, updated Brabham, updated Shadow.

So here is the list of new cars :

View attachment 531984
View attachment 531985[ATTACH...

Read the rest of this update entry...

thank you very much, great pack :thumbsup: one thing though...
you still name all your files and folders f_retro_g2 instead of formula_retro_g2

and folder "others" is there but not in use, right ?

Last edited:
thank you very much, great pack :thumbsup: one thing though...
you still name all your files and folders f_retro_g2 instead of formula_retro_g2

and folder "others" is there but not in use, right ?

Hi, the right folder is f_retro_g2.

The "others" folder in there contains old skins which are not featuring in the update : fictionnal Alpine #15, Surtees #18 and Wolf #21

Great pack, really adds to the imersion... But when watching the replays all drivers and helmets look the same... Can any kind soul point me out to a tutorial on how to add custom helmets and suits? I cant seem to find one...

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.