AMS2 Dedicated Server Help

Hi all,

I have searched and cannot find an answer. So apologies if this has been posted before. Perhaps I've gone search blind!

I have a dedicated server, 16 slot,on a remote host. I have set it up all fine, it shows up in the multiplayer search. I have set up the AMS2 dedicated server admin tool, so I can do all that.

The issue I am having is when I connect to the server, it just sits on "waiting for players" and doesn't start the session. I have gone through the server.cfg and changed everything I have found on the net to what others have shown etc. No matter what I do the session will not start. I have the max grid set to 20 and max players set to 16, although I leave messed around with these numbers, nothing seems to make any difference. And it looks as though its set to fill the empty slots with AI.

What ideally I want is the server to start and fill empty non real life players with AI. Could anyone help a middle age man struggling to manage this seemingly simple task?

Please be kind.

I can share cfg if required.

If you can do that, I'll try it out on my server and see if I can figure out what is going on. I'm working from home today and have a fairly free weekend to play around.
Hi, that would be appreciated. Sorted the session start, it's just the filling with AI that's the issue now. I'll sort the cfg tomorrow if that's cool?

Ok, it doesn't look like the FILL_SESSION_WITH_AI flag is set in the following:

"Flags" : -1609039336,

I think you can just change the flags to

"Flags" : -1608908264,

FYI I simply took the original value of -1609039336 and did a bitwise OR with 131072 (The FILL_SESSION_WITH_AI flag bit) to get the -1608908264

Cheers,
Scott

If you have not done so already, I'd recommend taking a quick look at the sms_rotate LUA script that comes with the dedicated server. It takes a little bit of work to setup, but it then allows you to configure the events using a more human readable (and editable) format.

There are also some pretty good wrapper apps that provide a nice UI. We use the Emperor one, but Just Race also seem to have a decent wrapper that also allows you to schedule it on their web service.

If you have not done so already, I'd recommend taking a quick look at the sms_rotate LUA script that comes with the dedicated server. It takes a little bit of work to setup, but it then allows you to configure the events using a more human readable (and editable) format.

There are also some pretty good wrapper apps that provide a nice UI. We use the Emperor one, but Just Race also seem to have a decent wrapper that also allows you to schedule it on their web service.
Top man. Thanks again.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea