Ams2 custom grid, how to ??

manu68

Premium
Hi
I like a lot ams2, but i didn´t try to race it offline against the ai until recently.

The question is simple. How to simulate à race with a real qualifying grid , as it is possible in assetto corsa / content manager??

I tried it yesterday at interlagos 1991 with the F1.
No problem to get the track and the cars, included nice liveries and real names, but no way to force the real starting grid.

How do you do that ? Please don´t tell me it is not possible !
I feel disapointed at the moment

I will prefer ams2 over assetto corsa, because dealing with mod tracks and ai is a mess at some point ; cars are beautiful in assetto, but some track mods are old or even non present in the game). And some ai are awful.

The f1 content in general is more robust in ams2

Are you actually running the qualifying session or trying to manually fix the grid and going straight to the race? Not sure about the latter as I don't play that way, but if it's the former, can you share the AI file you are using here so we can check what settings you have for each driver?

Thanks.
I would like to race on a given historical grid (as it was in the reality).

I mean, without qualifying, direct race

For example, racing prost in 6th place at interlagos, with senna on pole, patrese 2nd, berger 3rd, ...
At the moment i jusy can select the track, the car with right liveries, can select prost on 6th, but after that the grid is not like in the real race (senna and berger on first row for example)

Easy to do on assetto corsa, but i would like it in ams2.

Last edited:
Thanks.
That´s a pity then.
Ams2 would be the perfect historical simracing platform then .
I hope it would possible in the future.

That said, great sim , the only one i am interested in purchasing all content (with acc)

I think it is possible, but I don't know how. I recently downloaded and installed the superb F1 2023 Skinpack from KRRTDustin and Max Verstappen is always first, the Ferraris are up front with the Mclarens and the Mercedes while the Williams and Alpha Tauris are always at the back. As I said, I don't know how to do it, but I found this, hope it helps

Hi
I like a lot ams2, but i didn´t try to race it offline against the ai until recently.

The question is simple. How to simulate à race with a real qualifying grid , as it is possible in assetto corsa / content manager??

I tried it yesterday at interlagos 1991 with the F1.
No problem to get the track and the cars, included nice liveries and real names, but no way to force the real starting grid.

How do you do that ? Please don´t tell me it is not possible !
I feel disapointed at the moment

I will prefer ams2 over assetto corsa, because dealing with mod tracks and ai is a mess at some point ; cars are beautiful in assetto, but some track mods are old or even non present in the game). And some ai are awful.

The f1 content in general is more robust in ams2
Hi, there is a perfect solution for an accurate historically correct starting grid. You have to go to the cumston ai formulaxxx.xml file.
Each driver has a section here called "<qualifying_skill>x.x</qualifying_skill>"

the value is adjustable from 0.00-1.00

1.0 is the best and 0.00 is the worst.

Remember that it is best to divide the values perfectly according to the number of drivers! With 20 drivers, each subsequent driver will be 0.05 worse than the one starting before him. But this should also work with more drivers.

After saving and starting the game, be sure to start racing with Qualyfing. Without Qualyfing, the qualyfing_skill is just one value of many and although it influences the starting position, it can also be influenced by the other values in such a way that the starting lineup changes.

To prevent this you have to start Qualyfing. But you can skip these. This skipped Qualyfing is always(!) based on the Qualyfing_skill value and you can recreate any starting lineup.

To make this more convenient you can use the AMS2 Custom Drivers Utility tool. This is available for download here on Radepartement.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.