[AMS2] 1995 PPG Indy Car World Series season

Skins [AMS2] 1995 PPG Indy Car World Series season 1.1

Login or Register an account to download this content
AFry submitted a new resource:

[AMS2] CART 1995 Season - This is an update from Henrique's Indy 1995 mod

This mod is a new project set by a number of talented AMS2 modders : @jusk , @Klukkluk , Scar666, Hansi29, Léo Rock and myself.

The idea is to update the work @Henrique Freitas did with @chrisi2174 . It will include HD car skins, HD previews and HD customized helmets from real drivers.

This first release (0.11) is all about Rahal Hogan Team.

[ATTACH type="full"...

Read more about this resource...

thank you
but guess this won't be used much in this state, with only one team
i'll stick for now with henrique version, at least until there was 6-7 teams in there :)

and yes, custom helmets are a nice touch.
finally reiza import smt we all have been asking for :thumbsup:

Last edited:
thank you
but guess this won't be used much in this state, with only one team
i'll stick for now with henrique version, at least until there was 6-7 teams in there :)

and yes, custom helmets are a nice touch.
finally reiza import smt we all have been asking for :thumbsup:
This version is actually compatible with Henrique base mod. It overwrites his skins

Great additions to the car set but I'm having trouble with the helmets appearing on some of the cars and not on others. Works fine with about 50% but, for instance, I'm still getting the white helmets for Al Unser Jr, Dick Simon cars and PacWest cars. Is there a fix for this?

Attachments

• ss073432.jpg
    ss073432.jpg
    255.6 KB · Views: 112
  • ss110511.jpg
    ss110511.jpg
    184.2 KB · Views: 78
Great additions to the car set but I'm having trouble with the helmets appearing on some of the cars and not on others. Works fine with about 50% but, for instance, I'm still getting the white helmets for Al Unser Jr, Dick Simon cars and PacWest cars. Is there a fix for this?
There are a couple of wrong paths within the XML-files which do not refer to the "Helmets"-folders.

Could you let me know the changes needed to get them to work? Am relatively new to AMS2 so am getting up to speed with liveries and user overrides etc.
When you open the folders of the cars, you will find subfolders called "Indycar 1995" (where the liveries are stored) and "Helmets" (where the liveries of the helmets have their place).
When you open the xml of every car class, you will see that some helmets are linked to the folder of the cars instead of the one for helmets.

Last edited:
When you open the folders of the cars, you will find subfolders called "Indycar 1995" (where the liveries) are stored and "Helmets" (where the liveies of the helmets have there place).
When you open the xml of every car class, you will see that some helmets are linked to the folder of the cars instead of the one for helmets.
Thanks and appreciate the explanation - made the changes and all working.

Unzip the files and put the Automobilista 2 folder into your AMS2 install and overwrite.
The path is like the following: Steam\steamapps\common\Automobilista 2\Vehicles\Textures\CustomLiveries\Overrides\xxxxxxx

Yes. If you want to go into the hierarchy of the folders and drop them like that, then sure. But just the Automobilista 2 folder - which contains all the others- as the first folder, is all you need to place into your AMS2 install to activate these skins.

When you install mods in any racing game, I would advise you (of course, you can do what you want, as I am not your teacher or father ;)) not just to copy/paste folders into your game directory.
I know that it is the easiest way, but it can cause problems.
In some games, mods overwrite some others or files of the original installation and you should always make a backup of such files before overwriting it with some new modification. If anything goes wrong with the mod, you can easily bring back the original files without verifying your complete game data via steam.
You also get an idea of how the game and modding system works when you check which files are within the folders before installing them.

Last edited:
woooah fantastic, thx for the skins! Is there any way to use the firestone tires from the screenshots?
Pd: is there any plan to do the all-firestone skin for pruett? I didn't know he had an alternate livery in the season

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.