AMS : F1-SR '92-'93 Ligier JS37 & 39 CTD

I've converted the 1992 and 1993 season for myself and myself only and I've encountered a weird bug. Whenever I want to drive a Ligier (JS37 or JS39) from both seasons the game crashes.

Doesn't happen with any other cars, just the Ligier's lol.

Posting the trace file so someone, anyone could help.

Cheers.

Attachments

• trace.txt
    334.2 KB · Views: 67
I had a quick look, and one issue stands out to me, the Non-existent tire brand. That suggests to me that the tire file is in the wrong location, and maybe some other files are also in the incorrect locations.

Are you using the GSCE converter? I have had similar problems mainly caused by my thinking that the file structure in AMS is the same as Rfactor. I have found that Rfactor will find files no matter how many folders deep they are and that AMS and GSCE need the files to be only one folder deep. I usually open a working mod and rearrange my conversions file structure to match. It gets very confusing very quickly. Still, I can generally work it out in the end by copying how other mods are laid out.

Yes I am. using that tool. But I just looked and the tyre file (1993Goodyear.tbc) is in the right folder (by comparing it to the CART 1987 mod) - with all other physics files.

It's only the Ligiers affected across all 3 years (92-93-94), all other cars just work.

I'm lost for words.

There's a thing in AMS that makes Ligiers crash for whatever reason. Might be licensing issues. Try renaming the car, hope it works...

I found a solution: I installed the driver files and Ligier liveries on another car (Williams). The result is not perfect (sponsors badly placed on the fins), but it works. And I think we can improve this livery problem.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.