AMS- CTD

Ok, here goes. Ever since I bought AMS through Steam, I've had 2 installs. Don't know if that's normal. 1 was called AMS Beta & the other Automobilista 1.31. The 1.31 is the build I stopped it at from updating.I left the AMS Beta stock except till recently, except for adding all the add on tracks from Automobilista 1.31. I started adding about a dozen mods to AMS Beta from here. The other day, I copied 4 mods from the other 1.31 & went to play the game & the rectangular Automobilista stayed on the desk top for 20? seconds & disappearred, it never started. I checked the files thru Steam, verify, & it added a few, but then the same thing. I took out the 4 mod files I had put in & it still won't start. I heard you can add a trace to the exe. file to see what the error is. I kept taking out folders one at a time & letting Steam replace them. One time It loaded, but strangely it showed only one track in the menu, never seen that before. Can anyone tell me how to add a trace to the game & where do you find the trace file for the results?? Any help would be very much appreciated. Thank You !!!!!!!!!!

Hello,

Follow steps from the link below how to do trace.
(not suggestion you have issue with audio, it just happens to be thing under magnifyning glass at the moment that post was written).

https://forum.reizastudios.com/thre...read-the-opening-post.1347/page-32#post-31082
i uninstalled the game thru Steam & then reinstalled. The game loads, but no matter which series i use or even ALL CARS/ALL TRACKS, it only shows 1 track, Caruaru. Plus the game no longer recognizes my steering wheel. can't set any thing on the wheel. Love this game, play it more than any other game, but I'm ready to give up & guess I'll go back to GSCE & GTR2.

I tried this, didn't work.

Trace didn't work? Trace Level1 is always created, regardless of command. So if you didn't find trace file, you didn't look in right folder. Rule is: game run with administrator privileges will output into it's own folder, while run without admin priv. it will output into Documents. It's all described with pictures on that link. Before running game again, check links pls.
If there is no folder "Automobilista" or "Automobilista Beta" inside Documents, pls report back here.

If folders are presnt, "Set Launch Options" box as below:
Code:
"+trace=2"
..so without "audiolog".

Thank you for your time!

Trace didn't work? Trace Level1 is always created, regardless of command. So if you didn't find trace file, you didn't look in right folder. Rule is: game run with administrator privileges will output into it's own folder, while run without admin priv. it will output into Documents. It's all described with pictures on that link. Before running game again, check links pls.
If there is no folder "Automobilista" or "Automobilista Beta" inside Documents, pls report back here.

If folders are presnt, "Set Launch Options" box as below:
Code:
"+trace=2"
..so without "audiolog".

Thank you for your time!
Most of the Steam games, it won't let you set the desk top icon as run with administrator privileges. Not unless their's a way of doing it. I found under My Documents folder the trace txt. Here's what it says

2018-08-01: TRACE LEVEL = 2
2018-08-01: TRACE LEVEL = 2
03:32:06: NetComm.cpp 11461: NetComm checking command line: ""+trace=2 ""
03:32:06: sound.cpp 572: Command line options, as seen by soundman: "+trace=2 "
03:32:06: game.cpp 1566: Entered Game::Enter()
03:32:06: osman.cpp 619: Entered OSMan::Enter()
03:32:06: plrfile.cpp 2933: Entered PlayerFile::Enter()
03:32:06: plrfile.cpp 1842: Trying to load latest plr
03:32:07: plrfile.cpp 1896: PLR: C:\USERS\OWNER\DOCUMENTS\AUTOMOBILISTA BETA\USERDATA\My name\My Name.PLR
03:32:07: plrfile.cpp 1978: PLR Loading...
03:32:07: plrfile.cpp 1983: Recover old game/session
03:32:07: plrfile.cpp 2029: PLR set profile name
03:32:07: plrfile.cpp 2039: PLR opening success
03:32:07: plrfile.cpp 2048: PLR Reading
03:32:07: plrfile.cpp 2052: PLR switching game database
03:32:12: setup.cpp 2982: Could not find any scene files. Possible problems:
03:32:12: setup.cpp 2983: 1) Incorrect season or tracks directory specified in config.ini
03:32:12: setup.cpp 2984: 2) We do not have read permission for those directories
03:32:12: setup.cpp 2985: 3) There are no scene files!
03:32:12: setup.cpp 3045: Number of SCN files found was 0, but those passing SRS filter were 0
03:32:12: game.cpp 1471: No scene files found
03:32:12: game.cpp 2215: Entered Game::Exit()
03:32:12: sound.cpp 1291: Entered Sound::Exit()
03:32:12: specialfx.cp 4615: Entered SpecialFX::Exit()
03:32:12: hwinput.cpp 11344: Entered HWInput::Exit()
03:32:12: dynman.cpp 2455: Entered DynMan::Exit()
03:32:12: onscreen.cpp 3358: Entered OnScreen::Exit()
03:32:12: vidman.cpp 2625: Entered VidMan::Exit()
03:32:12: osman.cpp 668: Entered OSMan::Exit()

Go in Game Configs/ Controls and click in "Detect" and "Import". After this the game will research you inputs and no Crash anymore.
Thanks for the tip, someone told me to reinstall DX 9.0c again, now AMS is working again. To get the other games working, rf1, GTR2, & & NR-2003, I think I'll have to do what RampasP? Said, put a new ssd in and reinstall w7 , and probably a good virus cleaning wouldn't hurt. Sometimes I feel like tossing this pc out the window, more trouble than maybe it's worth, LOL !!!!!!

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.