Americas R3E Racing Club is BACK!

DND

Stay Safe, Healthy and be Kind - Stop Hate
The Americas RaceRoom Racing Experience Racing Club is BACK!

Note: Club will now start at 9:00 pm ET from this event (07.16.2019) onward.

Hello, my name is David DeGreef, aka @DucMan888 more on that later. I’m 56 years old, married to Christine and live in Woodstock, Illinois. Not the Jimi Hendrix Woodstock but it does have a bit fame as it was the site for the filming of Groundhog Day.

I have been allowed to organize and host the R3E US Club, although as you can see from the banner it is more an Americas Club. The time is 9:00 pm ET on each Tuesday.

R3E_US_club.jpg

Before I go any further I would like to recognize the efforts put forth on establishing a US based R3E Race Club by members Christian Moreau, Lorenzo Bonder I hope to build off of what they started years ago.

I mostly am considered a mid-level runner in most events, sometimes higher, others lower. My sim racing began with the Geoff Crammond GP series and took a hiatus when the Sims of the day disappeared or turned more to, well something other than what I was used to, to be kind. I decided to get back into it with the console rush with PS3 and the GT series and ‘progressed’ from one console and game to the next until which I time I decided to build a PC and make it a hobby and commit to it.

So here I am today an active member with RD going on my third year, and the experience has been great. The only online experience I had previously was iRacing and after running the first club event here at RD I was convinced I had made the right decision as the racing is tough, but fair, and the incidents I have to admit are mostly self-induced. The community is well rounded in skill, experience and knowledge so fitting in is no problem.

I have since made R3E my go to sim with no regrets, as in the three years I have used it the sim has grown in content and quality and I can say with no hesitation it is the most user friendly sim there is in that you can pick a car and track and once you get acclimated you are off and running. At least from my perspective.

It has been my experience that my ability has improved by participating in the club events here at RD and with the help from members I have gained confidence in setting up a car, something I never attempted before.

20190702_075816.jpg

Now why DucMan? It is a nickname given to me years ago not so much for the motorcycle I rode but the outfit of tri-color full leathers red boots and a tri-color helmet that provided a good deal of respectful ribbing, which I deserved and honestly enjoyed. Or could it be from the cartoon? I’ll stick with the former.

Hope to see you on the grid! Our next event will be in the wonderful Porsche 911 GT3 Cup at the Red Bull Ring this Tuesday 9th July - SIGN UP HERE.

For all the latest racing event in the EU and Americas time zone, check out the RaceRoom Racing Experience Racing Club here at RaceDepartment, and sign up for some fun!

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

Last edited:
I've been wanting to join a club for awhile now but usually the time of the events has been a problem. This one will work, if just barely on days working OT. It is time I actually get premium and join a race in this fine community. I look forward to racing with all of you.

Also I have to second pushing things back an hour for people on the west coast. It just makes things easier for some people to make it, myself included.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 62 29.7%
  • More leagues

Votes: 40 19.1%
  • Prizes

Votes: 43 20.6%
  • Trophies

Votes: 24 11.5%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 13 6.2%