AMD 7950 Eyefinity

Anybody running rF2 in eyefinity with a 7950 or similar AMD card? How is that treating you?

I ask because I am getting very poor fps on my 7950 in eyefinity. On single screen I was getting 120+ fps with very high settings on Silverstone. But with triple screen, I am barely getting 60 fps with everything at bare minimum. I am not that picky about graphics, but the game looks attrocious on bare minimum, and I feel like I should be able to play at higher settings with this card.

To compare, I tried iRacing. Was able to max everything out, game looked beautiful, and my fps never dipped below the 84 fps upper limit.

So, do any of you have the game running at good fps with an amd card on triples?

Not aware of anyone running a single well and rf2 has crossfire problems. I had to disable my second gpu. Allegedly, amd is releasing a driver update that they believe may help in July. We'll see. Much of the triples crowd over in rf2 forums seem to be nvidia folks.

I have a Sapphire HD7950 3GB Flex, it is running rF2 fine in Eyefinity, usually around 80+fps I think depending on the track, with 20 cars & high settings (not max).
I am also not too fussy about graphics but there is something a bit lacking for me in rF2, it lacks sharpness or brightness, I can't say for sure what it is, but must admit I haven't played rF2 much lately. I gave it a break a while ago before returning to see the improvements. I am doing the same again at the moment, as I am just slightly disillusioned by the dullness, & lack of championship/season/scoring features, it just doesn't feel ready to start an oflfine season with yet, maybe that's just me.
Sorry, didn't mean to go off topic, but that is just to explain I have not tried Silverstone or the latest build. It also depends whether you are on multiview - I tend to prefer the straight non-multiview setting, which also improves fps.

I think there is much still to be sorted and optimized, and I hope this will show more in the ATI fps eventually, it is certainly in ISIs interest to do this as they have plenty of competition at the moment.

One of the main problems with rF2 and tripple screen is that multiview is costing alot of fps, just as Keith say.
If you have not tried running without, do try and you will get 10-20 more fps usually.
Setting the FOV correct is of course key to get this looking somewhat good. There is streatching on the outer screens but it not that bad with the correct setup.

How much money have you spend on your current simracing hardware

• €0-150

Votes: 94 18.7%
  • €151-500

Votes: 134 26.6%
  • €501-1000

Votes: 87 17.3%
  • €1001-1500

Votes: 44 8.7%
  • €1501-3000

Votes: 50 9.9%
  • €3001-5000