AMD 6800XT vs 3080TI vs 3090

Hi, I currently have the 6800XT which came with my system 16 months ago and it is a very good card. I was always Nvidia before that and now I've gone back to triple screen, I'm thinking of moving back to Nvidia. I should get a decent wedge for my XT and I can get 3080TI for about £1000 or a 3090 for £1400. A lot of money yes but hopefully it will future proof me for a good few years. AMD eyefinity doesn't seem to work too well with racing sims for me and trying to find anything on youtube is impossible as most use Nvidia. I was just looking after other thoughts before I make a decision. Thanks

When comparing the 3080ti vs the 3090 a little while ago, it seemed that the main thing you were paying for was the extra memory and the performance gain for games was pretty minimal due to this, certainly not 40%, more like 4% if the benchmarks were accurate

Thanks guys, I've been looking at comparison and my 6800 is not far off the 3090 on certain games and I'm quite disappointed as I was led to believe the 3090 was a monster. It's not so much the performance I'd be changing but just feel Nvidia is a better option for racing etc so as long as I match the performance of the AMD then I will be happy what do you think?

How bad is the pain with your 6800? Just curious as I had to stump up for my 3080ti due to an issue, but otherwise I would have hung on to see how the 40 series play out. Might end up waiting until the new year though....

How bad is the pain with your 6800? Just curious as I had to stump up for my 3080ti due to an issue, but otherwise I would have hung on to see how the 40 series play out. Might end up waiting until the new year though....
I mean it's not too bad, I just think I could get better alignment with my triples using Nvidia. I think the 40 series won't be too long unless it gets cancelled (read something somewhere) performance wise for what I play, the 6800 is up there with the best of them but the software, drivers, and triple screen are the down sides to me. I know Mike from sim racing 604 runs the same card on his triples but there isn't much in the way of explanations on youtube for setting up triples unless you've got Nvidia and it's just AMS 2 lol which happens to be my number 1!! so as I'm typing this, I start to see that maybe I should wait till the next gen and see what pricing is.

I saw your comments about the triple setup recently on the reiza forum. Are you able to improve the alignment when you disable eyefinity and enable the AMS2 triple settings?

I saw your comments about the triple setup recently on the reiza forum. Are you able to improve the alignment when you disable eyefinity and enable the AMS2 triple settings?
Well I don't know If that works! If I disable eyefinity then I end up with three separate screens and because the game is still in the same resolution, it won't let me access the in game menus. I will change the resolution first then disable eyefinity. The other issue is I have AMS 2 triple screen ticked but it only shows me the centre screen and doesn't save anything. I've even been into docs triple screen and that doesn't do anything either. Are you saying the in game triple screen settings only work without surround?

Are you saying the in game triple screen settings only work without surround?
I'm just guessing! I don't have triple screens or an AMD :D - if I had to bet money on it, I'd say that eyefinity is exposing the three screens as a single display to the OS, which would explain why AMS2 cannot properly work out what is going on

I'm just guessing! I don't have triple screens or an AMD :D - if I had to bet money on it, I'd say that eyefinity is exposing the three screens as a single display to the OS, which would explain why AMS2 cannot properly work out what is going on
That makes sense, I'll have a look later and see what happens thanks

Unfortunately, that doesn't work either it doesn't give me the option to set 5760x1080 in the settings and the triple screen is still only showing centre screen. I think I'll just put up with it for now and wait to see what the 40 series is all about. Thanks for saving me £1100 for now though :roflmao:

Hello there Jimortality. I grabbed a Radeon 5700xt a couple of years ago to run triple 1080's. All was well for three months then, out of the blue, they removed Amd CCC in a driver update which contained the bezel compensation options.

I asked here and elsewhere, searched all over for a solution but with no joy. I ran with an old driver for a year but ended up sacking the triples for an ultrawide.

Hello there Jimortality. I grabbed a Radeon 5700xt a couple of years ago to run triple 1080's. All was well for three months then, out of the blue, they removed Amd CCC in a driver update which contained the bezel compensation options.

I asked here and elsewhere, searched all over for a solution but with no joy. I ran with an old driver for a year but ended up sacking the triples for an ultrawide.
Oh no! I use eyefinity pro which has the offsets but AMD don't make it easy to find. A YouTube guy did a video where to find eyefinity pro.

Eyfinity Pro is C:\Program Files\AMD\CNext\CNext but it doesn't do what CCC did. I can remember trying EP but can't remember why it didn't work for me.

CCC was in the same folder and was ideal for setting up triples, took a couple of mins. Amd are quite good at trumpeting some new feature while quietly removing others. It's happened a couple of times.

Latest News

What would be the ideal raceday for you to join our Club Races?

• Monday

Votes: 14 12.0%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 11 9.4%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 11 9.4%
  • Thursday

Votes: 15 12.8%
  • Friday

Votes: 42 35.9%
  • Saturday

Votes: 68 58.1%