Am I the only one missing something?

I think the conclusion after 1 months is obvious:

They've tried to fix the most obvious & game breaking bugs and thus far the game is in a playable state. Truth be told, if it weren't for all those full-time efftards, the online racing would actually be pretty darn great (minus braindead LMP2 fixed setups). However, objectively you've got to consider this a decade old game, and although it's been stripped down to a basic content state, the few changes & additions to the graphics are not enough to make up for all the untouched issues rF2 has always had. And to me that is shocking to say the least. I'm not saying that the developers didn't put countless hours in this project, I'm sure they have, but it's very apparent that first and foremost this has been a quick cash grab more than anything else. I know I am over-simplyfying things here but what they should have done is to put the physics into a new game instead of rounding out a few edges of the existing game and call it a day. I mean, let's face it, rF2 wasn't known or praised for its overall design but merely for its fun physics. So yeah, they fooled most of us by getting our cash (then again, it's not a full price title and after deducting Steam's cut and taxes not too much actually goes to Studio 397's pocket) but all in all I do enjoy the short GTE races at the moment - despite the horrendous amount of total a-holes being unable to drive side-by-side, being unable lose a place on track without door to door contact or straight murder-death-killing other drivers on purpose. But yes, my hopes for big changes are very limited indeed.
I agree with the rF2 issues that are also present in LMU. The track loading times are (again) atrocious, cars feel too slippery on cold tires and all the stock setups are quite oversteery. Ai is hit and miss, but that's something all sims struggle with.

I personally don't feel fooled tho. I know what I got myself into buying a game that a) is Early Access, b) uses rF2 as its base and c) is made by MSG. I read a lot about LMU and made my decision to buy it in EA with that information in mind. The 30 Euro it cost me is a fair price for what it is, especially considering the price points of regular rF2 DLCs. I'm certain there will be more improvements down the line and if they make it to the release of the 2024 content, there will even be new content in the future.

I'll reserve my judgement when the game officially releases, beacuse that's when the devs consider it a v1.0.

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 127 85.8%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 25 16.9%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 24 16.2%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 19 12.8%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 45 30.4%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 51 34.5%