Am I just slow?

I've been playing in around in practice mode to get the hang of SimRacing after building up a rig and buying a Fanatec V2.5 bundle. I have been focusing on one car on the Monza track. So I figured out how to do the short races against AI. Its a drag race down a long straight at the start to the first Chicane and I run it hard to the rev limit and brake late but I cant seem to catch them. Then I figured out how to drop the AI performance level to the minimum of 80% and they still beat me to the first corner and then I never see them again. Am I just that slow?

Thanks for the help guys. I can see the error in my ways. Its just so hard to go backwards and start with slow cars and build the sim skills I need. I will work on it more though cause I am having a ball and its so easy to get in the rig and do when ever I want. I work at home and just love being able to drive my dream cars.

I genuinely don't consider getting into a slower car to be 'going backwards,' as they're a blast to race! I'm all over the map in terms of what I drive. Cars I've ignored for a year or two I'll go back to for something different and spend months driving. :)

Welcome to the Simracing club. It's addictive. Working from home is a huge boon for the hobby (same situation for me, too!). Hits the work productivity a bit, but... oh well!

I've been playing in around in practice mode to get the hang of SimRacing after building up a rig and buying a Fanatec V2.5 bundle. I have been focusing on one car on the Monza track. So I figured out how to do the short races against AI. Its a drag race down a long straight at the start to the first Chicane and I run it hard to the rev limit and brake late but I cant seem to catch them. Then I figured out how to drop the AI performance level to the minimum of 80% and they still beat me to the first corner and then I never see them again. Am I just that slow?

I found over the years of driving any sims that there is a lot of factors that can effect the physics. Plus you don't know what someone has done as far as moding is concerned. I even found some mods can cause slow downs in how the software works in general sometimes.

Reinstalling fresh can be your best friend with sims sometimes.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 62 29.7%
  • More leagues

Votes: 40 19.1%
  • Prizes

Votes: 43 20.6%
  • Trophies

Votes: 24 11.5%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 13 6.2%