Alright when was that again.....?

He's consistent, he's quick, but then so are lots of drivers past and present. Not many of those drivers were fortunate enough to be in the right car at the right time. The length of time that Hamilton and Schumacher have been in top cars contributes largely to their status.

The car makes the champion, and yes, he's won a title in an arguably inferior car, but circumstance plays a lot into it as well.

It's not Hamiltons fault he's in the position he's in and we shouldn't hate him for it, but I suspect there are a few drivers that could be called GOAT if they had been in the Mercedes for all this time.

Does nothing for me as Jenks would say.

Also, there are many more races and much longer careers these days (as well as a points system down to about 37th place). So stats comparisons are largely meaningless.

There is no GOAT. Not in football, not in basketball, not in F1, it´s pointless to argue if someone is better than anyone else. This article enrages me in the fact that we are even talking about it. I respect opinions, and i respect Hamiltons perfomance to a very high regard, he is one of the best drivers in history, but NOT the best. No one can be considered as the best driver in F1 of all time, not Schumi, not Lewis, not Senna, not Fangio, no one. Because most people in Germany would say that Schumacher is the goat, and in the UK most people would choose Hamilton, in Brazil the answer is Senna, in France it´s Prost etc. For me it makes no sense to argue about this bs. Comparing drivers is a waste of time. I have my perferred drivers, you have yours, everyone has their favourite driver.

LH is without a doubt one of the best, but I don't see him as the GOAT, I don't ever recall the type of stand out performances of Senna or Schumacher, he's never really had a performance that made me think this guy is in a different league.
He has undoubtedly had the best cars for much of his career but then this happens when you are the best, like some have said, he's had zero competition since Rosberg left, he's been literally hotlapping. When people point out the "Bono my tires are dead" then he does a fastest lap, I don't see how that reinforces him being the GOAT, it either shows A) it's a tactical message to try throw off other teams B) even with dead tyres the Merc is better than any other car C) Like my say, LH is a whiner

He can't be for the simple fact there's still racing going on. Until the day there is no more racing or time ends we can't possibly choose who was the greatest racing driver of all time. ;)

However good he is, he just isn’t the greatest.
  1. Mercedes dominance has never been seen before, even Bottas can compete for wins,
  2. His tally of wins give the wrong picture considering the many races we have nowadays,
  3. On poles same as above.
He is amazing driver, but nothing he has done shows he is the greatest. Show some examples where he actually showed how great he is according to people and I’ll shut up.

I don’t think it’s possible to say who is the GOAT. There are too many differences between various decades of F1: different rules, cars, tracks, etc. Not to mention most of us are not old enough to have seen Fangio, Moss, Clark and the rest in action.

Hamilton is definitely part of the elite and there’s no doubt in my mind he will be mentioned with Fangio, Clark, Prost or Senna as one of the greatest drivers of all time. He could very well win an 8th WC and he will surely retire with more than a 100 wins. If that’s not enough to be considered one of the greatest ever, what is?

And to those who say it’s all about the car, I’ll reply: look at what his teammate is doing with the same car. Hamilton has reached a level of maturity and mastery that is amazing. Sure, he can be annoying when he starts reciting the lines fed to him by his P.R. team, but what matters to me is what he does on the track and right now, he’s peerless.

A great driver no doubt. But we've never seen him in uncompetitive machinary. He's had a race winning car all except arguably 2009. Had some shabby seasons like all do, beaten by teammates on the odd occasion like all do. I'd say he's the best qualifier of his generation but Alonso is the best overall (in their generation)

Statistically, the GOAT is Fangio. Also considering from where he began, what he endured, the age he began in F1, and his amazing ability to win with a bunch of different manufacturers. Clark, Stewart, Lauda, Prost, Piquet, Senna, Schumi and Lewis more or less won with 1 or 2 different teams. Fangio never had that kind of luxury, there was always smth happening, and yet, he would still win.
Also, Lewis was beaten/equal by Alonso, then Jenson, and finally Nico. Actually, if you look at Jenson's career you'll see him beating Trulli, JV, Rubens(as an equal), Lewis & Alonso over a season! Once he learnt what is a damper and what is its function, winter of 2002, he was pretty damn impressive! It just shows how small are the differences between modern-day drivers to call anyone the GOAT...

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back