Alright when was that again.....?

Great qualif from George and Charles... A bit disappointed by Gasly but he said he ruined his floor in Q1... and Kviat did a nice run at the end, so if Gasly 's car is more reliable than before... it will be a wildcard to notice.
But a race is a different animal... so I still think Max will get this one (and I am not a Max fan) or even Bottas... If George is really well in his head, he got some chance still to pull up a Hollywood ending... and there is a third scenario... the track is so short there will be a lot of traffic to pass... which is always tricky for the front runners... All in all, and after the F2 race, I think it could be a nice and entertaining race tomorrow...

Last edited:
That was a young Hamilton, different car. Not apples to apples. And you say, "beat Hamilton" are we talking 1 race, a season, lifetime achievements ? I give Russ credit for putting the car where it belongs on the front row. But people saying," he could beat Hamilton" on a consistent basis, even in the same car, aren't looking at it objectively.

To win a championship in any sport takes talent and luck. To win championships repeatedly takes talent beyond the norm, luck, and keeping your own internal "dimwittedness" to an absolute minimum. Of the current drivers on the grid, I bet we all can name 3-4 times each one of them have thrown away a race or finish position by doing something bonehead, Hamilton keeps that to a minimum, as long as Albon ain't around. But Max. Zeb, Daniel, Charles have all done things where you go, " I could have done that".

You drive more within yourself, and thus make less or no mistakes, when you drive a car that is capable of winning. It is a different story when you have to drive an uncompetitive car.

This track has what, 3 corners where the drivers can make a difference? The car is flat out 75 % of a lap. The track benefits the best car more than any other track of the calendar and therefore it is the worst track of the calendar. George is a great driver. He proved himself in his early years, F3, F2 and now F1. Norris, Leclerc, Verstappen etc are also great young drivers. I am sure any one of them would be able to do what George did this weekend (and potentially winning tomorrow).

However, that does not take anything away from a 7 time world champion. I can't believe the hate in this post. I expected it from Facebook but not from RD. Hamilton has proved himself over and over again. He is the greatest driver of this era and it is not even close.

Yes he has had the best car the majority of the years but not every year. He has gotten poles and wins where the Merc shouldn't have won if not for his brilliant driving. He has been doing it over and over again with the Merc. Something that no other driver on the grid would be able to do.

I am a die hard Vettel fan but there is just something about you blind clueless haters that triggers me.

One of the closest Q for a while, 0.24 second P1-P4.
Very short mickey-mouse track though, so will reserve judgement until after the race.
If he wins it'll be a case of, don't judge a book by its cover -- looks like your antie doris but drives like senna :D

This track has what, 3 corners where the drivers can make a difference? The car is flat out 75 % of a lap. The track benefits the best car more than any other track of the calendar and therefore it is the worst track of the calendar. George is a great driver. He proved himself in his early years, F3, F2 and now F1. Norris, Leclerc, Verstappen etc are also great young drivers. I am sure any one of them would be able to do what George did this weekend (and potentially winning tomorrow).

However, that does not take anything away from a 7 time world champion. I can't believe the hate in this post. I expected it from Facebook but not from RD. Hamilton has proved himself over and over again. He is the greatest driver of this era and it is not even close.

Yes he has had the best car the majority of the years but not every year. He has gotten poles and wins where the Merc shouldn't have won if not for his brilliant driving. He has been doing it over and over again with the Merc. Something that no other driver on the grid would be able to do.

I am a die hard Vettel fan but there is just something about you blind clueless haters that triggers me.
I’m not blind, nor a Lewis hater, far from it.
Lewis has had the best car for 7 if not 8 years out of his 14 year career, why didn’t he win a world championship after 2008 for 6 years?
Surely if he is the best driver then he would have won some of them?
No, it’s the car that enables the driver to win world championships. Nothing else.

Lewis has had the best car for 7 if not 8 years out of his 14 year career, why didn’t he win a world championship after 2008 for 6 years?
No, it’s the car that enables the driver to win world championships. Nothing else.

You are clearly missing my point. I never said that the car has nothing to do with winning a championship. I honestly think that your argument is awful for trying to downplay Lewis 7 titles.

If that is what you are arguing for. Otherwise i do not understand why you are quoting me.

Put it this way, had Lewis broke himself like Marc Marqueze did in the first race of the season and Russell took his drive then.
We would now be crowning either Bottas or Russell as a WDC....
Let that sink in...

It started because of the comment about Hamilton being the greatest driver of his era, I am arguing that this is because he has always driven the fastest car in F1 (when he won, the other 7 years???).
Then you said that it was something that no other driver could do, what about vettel winning 4 in a row? Best driver or best car?
Then there was the pointless and aggressive comment about being blind and hating...
That’s all

Last edited:
You are clearly missing my point. I never said that the car has nothing to do with winning a championship. I honestly think that your argument is awful for trying to downplay Lewis 7 titles.

If that is what you are arguing for. Otherwise i do not understand why you are quoting me.
Papa John (most of people) want more competition to watch racing on the tv... there is no any competition. Its to easy for Lewis to win wdc titles. We see today how good that car is Russel Perez, Max, Lecler, Vettel , Ric half of the field can win with that car

Last edited:
Put it this way, had Lewis broke himself like Marc Marqueze did in the first race of the season and Russell took his drive then.
We would now be crowning either Bottas or Russell as a WDC....
Let that sink in...
That is only your opinion and a speculative one. Even with a slightly inferior car Verstappen would have quite a decent chance against Bottas for sure (see the current standings), and Russell is a young driver who makes mistakes on Sunday (they all do/did, including Hamilton) even without the pressure of running in front of the pack.

Last edited:
That is only your opinion and a speculative one. Even with a slightly inferior car Verstappen would have quite a decent chance against Bottas for sure (see the current standings), and Russell is a young driver who makes mistakes on Sunday (they all do/did, including Hamilton) even without the pressure of running in front of the pack.

But he'd of been in with a shot right?
Bottas would of been promoted to No 1 also, he is 2nd in the WDC and has had mechanical issues this season.

Anyway Russell has made his point. The only reason he wasn't racing at the front was the Williams... the car..... he hasn't gained more skills in 7 days, impossible...
He knows, the rest of the drivers know (most did already), that he is in the right car able to be at the front...
And every driver knows, in the WILLIAMS, they ain't winning jack and it will be miserable...because of the....car...

Russell has been lapped many times over the last few seasons by the bloke he is now almost pipping to pole...

You drive more within yourself, and thus make less or no mistakes, when you drive a car that is capable of winning. It is a different story when you have to drive an uncompetitive car.
I agree that if you have a poor ride, it only so much you can do. But, what I think most people miss is, if your car is supposed to win, that pressure is enormous. Look at what Bottas has to go through. Consistently on the front row. Has barfed a few wins. Everyone says he doesn't belong in that car. Give to Max, give it to Daniel. Guess what that same pressure would be on them. Lewis has performed in the best car from Day 1. Vettel left Red Bull for the "dream drive" at Ferrari. Look how that turned out. Now people say he sucks and the car is no good. They all have a blue print from which to build cars. Apparently, unless we find out otherwise, (think Lance Armstrong), Mercedes has that perfect storm of killer car and killer driver. Ferrari had the same thing with Michael.

I agree that if you have a poor ride, it only so much you can do. But, what I think most people miss is, if your car is supposed to win, that pressure is enormous. Look at what Bottas has to go through. Consistently on the front row. Has barfed a few wins. Everyone says he doesn't belong in that car. Give to Max, give it to Daniel. Guess what that same pressure would be on them. Lewis has performed in the best car from Day 1. Vettel left Red Bull for the "dream drive" at Ferrari. Look how that turned out. Now people say he sucks and the car is no good. They all have a blue print from which to build cars. Apparently, unless we find out otherwise, (think Lance Armstrong), Mercedes has that perfect storm of killer car and killer driver. Ferrari had the same thing with Michael.

I dont know what you trying to say?

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea