Alright when was that again.....?

Right, you are having some fantasy. Everybody will be 1st and 2nd in that Mercedes.. Bottas is a average driver. Some people found Rosberg already average.

@ZuneGuy I wonder how someone could be the best driver if he drive into a closed pitlane after years of experience?
At 250km per hour, in a blind corner somebody waving a flag.
A whole team of mechanics did not notice it either on the bottom of their screens.

He came in seconds after they closed the pitlane.
It was really on the edge.

Mercedes been investing a lot of time in Bottas, he is not the same medicore driver he once was anymore. People evolve and get better the more they do something.
He might not be the best driver of the grid, but for sure a very good one.

Formula One narrowly averted disaster following a dramatic race restart crash at Mugello over the weekend - but what went wrong?

After the Tuscan Grand Prix I was on YouTube, and I was confused as to why we had a pileup from back on restart. George Russell in the Williams was further back from the pack, so he had to speed up to slot behind. The cars have to bunch up for restarts, or they will fall off the pace. The drivers behind floored it thinking the race had started but the front pack was still slow. Russell looks like a nice person, so I don't think the mistake is intentional. Restarts are rare in F1. Maybe teams should do a drill to practice doing them? They practice clutch starts after qualifying.

Bottas sets the pace after pace car pulls in as he is leading, so he starts racing on two occasions. 1 passing start finish line, 2 in between the two lines that define an area he can start in (as in NASCAR). Drivers can't time the start this way.... the teams on the radio have to communicate to the driver when to start. Someone on the pitwall should say "Go, Go, Go" to the driver as the field start shifting fast.

This is the problem with the current FIA rules - the light panels are green but Bottas has not made a decision to start. He wants Lewis in a good draft behind him, and he has to help fend off the driver in 3rd place so a rival team that can take points. Maybe another colour like orange should come out like in a traffic light warning to get ready to go green and start soon?

The Tuscan Grand Prix start line incident was a scary one, and could very easily have caused my greater damage to the cars and track, as well as potentially endanger the safety of the drivers involved.

Was it just a case of bad luck and circumstances that caused the incident, or can the FIA do something about reducing the chances of this kind of accident occurring again in future?

Discuss!

F1 crash 4.jpg

F1 crash 2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Just remember some of these BLM people are killing and even tormenting white people. I work with racists and live among them. They are are not saints. The movement is producing crimes and useless Police wont do anything. One day a BLM Person will make a Bomb and then the whole cult will be brought down.

Hamilton. For once Bottas really pushed him and he showed why he's the champion.

Bottas almost didn't do anything. With the car and someone like Bottas, there is no competition, so I would never vote Hamilton in such a races. That is also the reason he almost never win the Driver of the Day awards.

As you could see in the end of the race, Mercedes is still baby sitting the car. Albon was close and Mercedes open the throttle and were +2s faster a lap. Both Bottas and Hamilton. So Bottas could also be faster and attack Hamilton.

Last edited:
@Richard Hessels Mercedes is just babysitting the car in general. When Albon was close, they open up their real pace and were +2 sec faster then Albon in 1 lap. So Bottas could also attack Hamilton if he wanted, but they decided to manage the gap. And baby sit their engine. Bottas is just a chosen 2nd driver. He is not allowed (he don't mind) to attack Hamilton.

Last edited:
Bottas almost didn't do anything. With the car and someone like Bottas, there is no competition, so I would never vote Hamilton in such a races. That is also the reason he almost never win the Driver of the Day awards.

As you could see in the end of the race, Mercedes is still baby sitting the car. Albon was close and Mercedes open the throttle and were +2s faster a lap. Both Bottas and Hamilton. So Bottas could also be faster and attack Hamilton.
I find people to be very harsh on Bottas. Bottas is working within a framework at Mercedes that is designed specifically for Hamilton. He is expected to be Batman's Robin. The guy is just doing his job. The game is rigged.

Yea, I agree. Just for curiosity, put him in a Haas and he might need a clinical psychologist, to handle with his complains about the car.
....and yet he would put that car in the very best position the car is capable of.
Go figure!
MDOTD....Albon.
A few very 'ballsy' committed overtakes, while dragging that car forward.
It would have been Stroll though, as he did well to move that RP up the order.

Last edited:
F1 drivers are billboards for sponsors. Ie companies that help fund the driver and team. Politics is not part of it. He should do it in his own time. If FOM have a problem with Lewis promoting this movement. Which i personally think is a racist cult then they can ban it. Schools and businesses can ban anything that is gang related. The KKK are still alive in America and though i personally don't support them they may put a end to this mouvement.

I find people to be very harsh on Bottas. Bottas is working within a framework at Mercedes that is designed specifically for Hamilton. He is expected to be Batman's Robin. The guy is just doing his job. The game is rigged.

Bottas just has not the talent one should have to become World champion, and that sayed he is the best team mate for Hamilton.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.