Alright when was that again.....?

Brooklands - John Cobb :speechless:
1937 brooklands - john cobb (napier-railton).jpg

Bonneville - 394 MPH
8c966a7ac6f2ffe3ee1a8d3b6f830627.jpg

Last edited:
Le Mans is also a classic racing movie with great race footage. There is a great documentary on Amazon Prime about the making of the movie (Steve McQueen: The Man & Le Mans).

I also have that one on blu-ray. It would be a very good movie if it had an actual script. The plot is almost non-existent, isn't it? I showed it to a friend of mine who is not a race fan and he was bored stiff, in fact we didn't watch it until the end, whereas he liked Grand Prix and loved Rush, because in both movies, there is a story around the racing itself. (He also liked Ford vs Ferrari. I didn't.)

I love watching Le Mans and I do it quite often, because the racing sequences are great and the cars of that era are simply amazing. And McQueen, of course, was an excellent amateur driver. For race fans, it's a treat. I also saw the Amazon doc and I thought it was almost better than the movie itself!

Fun fact: in Grand Prix, all the leading actors except Brian Bedford drove their cars for close ups. (Bedford was hopeless behind the wheel). The cars driven by actors in that movie were F3 cars "disguised" as F1 cars.

Thanks for the links to the videos. It's a fascinating subject. One classic track that we can't visit anymore is Riverside, in California. I read online that the old circuit has been replaced by a housing development. Such as shame, it was a great circuit!

Also, I saw an ad on TV this weekend about a show hosted by Dale Earnhardt jr. on abandonned NASCAR tracks. I believe it will be on NBC's new streaming channel.

All of a sudden people say the AlphaTauri is a car on Mercedes level and Gasly's win wasn't spectacular.

The hate is strong.
If anything they get ideas from Red Bull there technical partner. The nose i see just before it pitches down there is a block shape for housing suspension in middle. This must cause drag and downforce over front suspension helping cornering grip. No other team dose it as the other noses flow to minimise drag.

I honestly do not know who Nicole Scherzinger is. I am guessing she is a musician or actor. To be honest i don't know who any of the drivers are dating or married to. I really don't care. Oh and JB married a Japanese lingerie model.

Do you ever look at a poll and think 'Even by Race Department standards, this has to be the most pointless poll evet'?

I did. just now.

Very good. I don't remember when I first saw this movie but it remains one of my all time movies! Great racing sequences on some famous tracks from back in the day. You see them racing on the banking at Monza and you knew folks back then were absolutely insane.

The camera turning form driver to the car front is crazy and really cool. Nowdays its nothing special anymore but back then it was not easy.

After watching this movie ive started AC in VR and drove GPL cars on the old Monza.
It was flashed twice before watching this movie:D

I honestly do not know who Nicole Scherzinger is. I am guessing she is a musician or actor. To be honest i don't know who any of the drivers are dating or married to. I really don't care. Oh and JB married a Japanese lingerie model.
The model already divorced JB, you're not up-to-date, mate.

F1 trivia is the most interesting beside the actual race and quali. Did you know that DC runs a hotel in Monaco?

Last edited:
All round NASCAR legend Jimmy Johnson has been confirmed within the crack Ganassi squad for the 2021, 2022 IndyCar Series.

I'm chuffed! This is one of my favourite parts about IndyCar - the melting pot aspect. Meaning, seeing all these guys from different backgrounds all competing in the same series in (more or less) spec cars. I think it's going to be awesome to have one of the biggest names in NASCAR history in the grid!!! Show us watcha got, Jimmie!

Should be great for the series, I think. NASCAR has of course fell off the cliff from their early 2000s popularity explosion, but it still draws huge numbers compared to IndyCar. Hopefully some of those eyeballs Jimmie brings with him will like what they see and stick around to enjoy what I (and many others) consider to be the best pure race series in the world.

I do wonder what happens to Rosenqvist though...? Have not seen that addressed yet, but that young man is properly fast and needs to be in the series. We've had an absolute deluge of mega rookies in Indy over the past few years - Rosenqvist, Herta, Pato O'Ward, etc - gotta make sure we keep them in quick rides and keep the old timers honest!

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back