Alright when was that again.....?

We don't need more gimmicks to put crap cars in front of good cars for the initial ten laps. That is 100% worthless and does nothing to enhance the racing. At most it just creates insurmountable gaps between the good cars unfortunate enough to get stuck behind the crap cars, making them even less competitive.

:O_o:

Funny, I thought faster cars coming through a pack is one of most exciting things about F1 ? :coffee:

BTCC do it ? best racing going on last year

P.S. First 1/2 of a F1 race is like watching tug boats :roflmao:

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 379375

Divorce the drivers from the teams and get each driver to drive every car during the season.

Too many rules. Things are boring exactly because of excess of rules. Because the rich teams will aways find their way through the rules.

You have only two ways to save F1:

1st - Turn it into a petrol Formula-E, with a small number of engine makers running in a standard chassi.

or

2nd - No manufacturing rules! This is the best... because at least we'll have some amazing cars and a lot of speed... and less rich teams will be able to try some out of the box ideas that could balance the odds.

I think Paul is trying to mess with our heads! :D

Anyway, I agree with those who say that F1 is not a drivers championship. It is very much a teams and drivers championship. The big appeal of F1 for me is the fact that each team designs its car. Qualifying reflects both the qualities of the cars and the drivers.

There’s nothing wrong with the weekend format of F1 races. The problem is that one team is simply so good that it is crushing the competition on a weekly basis. If Red Bull, Ferrari and the rest can’t compete with Mercedes at the moment, it’s no reason to change everything. These teams simply have to make better cars. Let’s wait for the new rules and the budget cap to take effect in 2022.

One thing I wish was changed for 2022 is the engine concept. Current engines are too expensive And too complicated. It would be great if an outside engine maker like Cosworth could offer a cheap reliable engine, but current rules make that impossible.

Are you seriously implying that there is no overtaking because they are.....tired? Really? Can we get a bit realistic here? There is no RACING action simply because of the endurance elements that have been implemented. The drivers are simply not allowed to PUSH. I thought it would have been obvious to F1 fans by now.
There's nothing wrong with the format. There's nothing wrong with ANY format as long as the teams and drivers are free to PUSH to the LIMIT on every single lap and for as long as the car can take it. That was how F1 was "back in the day".
Give them as much fuel as they need to make maximum power for as long as they want, and enough tire sets and you WILL see some good racing.It's as simple as that.

I've seen more RACING at the 24h LM (esp. GTE classes) than in 1:20 of a F1 "race". So it's not the "endurance elements" (which ones BTW?).

I think the qualy sessions are one of the problems. This knockout system means there are only 10 cars on the track in q3 which increases the probability of the best car being on pole. With 20 cars and more congestion on the track would reduce the chances of Merc or any dominant team to be on pole which would give more unpredictable races. Merc would be stil 30 secs quicker but it would be a start.

I think the qualy sessions are one of the problems. This knockout system means there are only 10 cars on the track in q3 which increases the probability of the best car being on pole. With 20 cars and more congestion on the track would reduce the chances of Merc or any dominant team to be on pole which would give more unpredictable races. Merc would be stil 30 secs quicker but it would be a start.

Teams get parts penalty should not be able to take part in qual

Red Bull was famous for it taking some other poor buggers first Q3 appearance then start 15th ..whatever :barefoot:

Reduce wings, remove DRS, eliminate mandatory pit stops, create a hard, soft and medium tire that are available to all teams to use as they wish. Same compounds are used throughout the year. Allow refueling and fuel cell size variance.

Give teams the opportunity to be competitive without gimmicks. The rules have become ridiculous and the effort to save cost :roflmao: has made every car look the same and essentially are the same IMO.

Engine modes, especially ‘party’ modes in qualy should be forbidden. If Mercedes decides to drive with extra power in qualy, they should be obliged to use that same engine mode during the whole weekend, so they will brake down more. This will lead to more different drivers and teams starting from row 1 on the grid.

Result of that will mean that the first part of qualy we won’t see much action anymore, because teams will wait because the track normally will become faster during qualy. We had that system before and it was changed because of that (first to a 1 lap qualy with just one car on track and later to the system they use now).

Qualy should be about being as fast as possible, so best tires and minimal fuel load. When you see Lewis’ pole lap onboard of Hungary... amazing... that’s what F1 is about.

Only part of the idea I like is the FP part. What F1 needs is stopping fuel management, DRS and to a certain extent parts management. Then add refueling, tyre manufacturers, use the budget cap for the parts instead of forcing 3 engines. Combine it with the 2022 changes that should reduce dirty air and it should be done.

Also damage to the car should be paid from the budget cap so we see less Grosjeans and Maldonados and get decent drivers back like Hulk that bring skill instead of pay drivers.

Engine modes, especially ‘party’ modes in qualy should be forbidden. If Mercedes decides to drive with extra power in qualy, they should be obliged to use that same engine mode during the whole weekend, so they will brake down more. This will lead to more different drivers and teams starting from row 1 on the grid.
I like that idea. F1 have become more complicated than the space shuttles.
Give 3 engine modes: overtake (limited in time and availability), race and... safety car to the pilots and nothing more. Want to save fuel, drive slower, want to conserve the motor, shift at lower revs, etc.

Add this to the 2022 rules, impose those rules for 2021, and we might see better racing.

I miss the times when Formula 1 teams could freely spend engines and parts at their own pace. They had a powerful engine just to break the track record at the Saturday qualifying and something more tame for the race. Not to mention the freedom to explore and experiment with the car in any way the teams want.

Now all the cars look the same. The pilots look the same. The tracks. Bleh. The only fix for F1 is to bin everything and start from scratch w/o someone dictating stupid hard rules.

Ok, we won't have Penske in IMSA 2021 too and Maybe also Acura :|
The contract between Acura and Penske is over and they won't be renewed, Penske won't be in 2021 IMSA while they said :
President of Team Penske Tim Cindric has given the broadest hint yet that the squad’s sportscar program will continue, with an eye firmly on the 24 Hours of Le Mans.

Juan Pablo Montoya Triple crown chance? :D

It you want to turn it into theatrics for theatrics sake, great idea. But I don't think giving them different cars would determine who the true "fastest" driver is. Some would be good in one type of car and some in another. Plus there is no way Petronas or Red Bull would put their names on a non F1 car for show.

I personally like domination. If you are not good enough to beat me ( assuming I am not cheating) tough. Tiger Woods in the 90's, Lewis now, MJ in the 90's, Ali in the 70's, UCLA men's basketball for years, Roger Federer, Nadal on clay, Serena Williams, Chris Evert, Martina Navratilova, Pete Sampras, Gretzsky, Yankees. Either come to fight or expect to die. I love it.

I have a far better idea. Lets move the pit-exit to a different place on the track. The idea behind is, a driver doing a pitstop and leaves the pitlane, enters the race in EXACTLY the same position and the same gap to the driver in front and behind. If you want to gain a position, overtake on track, not with a stupid strategy. Stop that bs undercut and overcut **** and let the drivers RACE their cars and use their tyres as they will. And if they do need fresh tyres, give them a new set, they will not lose any time. :D

View attachment 390674
Its A team sport bud that's the point.

Sounds great Paul, but sponsors pay big money to remain at the top. Also, I can't see Lewis ever going to an equal field.

Sounded like you didn't need much of an opportunity to have a stab at Lewis.
You think he's had a car advantage throughout his career ? Where was Mercedes in the field before he switched from McLaren ?
On equal footing the cream would still rise to the top. Check his Top Gear lap time in the reasonably price car. He beat other F1 drivers on a damp track.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back